Kansas State QB Josh Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas State QB Josh Freeman

This is a very interesting breakdown of Josh Freeman's NFL Chances. For you not familiar with Freeman here is his profile.http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArti...&Q_SEASON=2006
    Note: I didnt write this so dont tear me apart about the Woodson comments(Matt)

If there is one thing we’ve learned in the draft throughout the years, is that drafting a quarterback early can be a risky move. It’s become a real crapshoot on predicting how a QB will fare in the league (as is the case with any player, but QB moreso than the rest). I think NFL teams are getting picky about drafting quarterback and they should be. QBs are the face of the franchise, so you really can’t afford to go wrong when investing a boatload of cash on a rookie QB. Although this year’s draft didn’t have the best QB class, I still think we won’t see nearly as many QBs taken early in the first round as we’ve seen in the past because it’s too much of a risk to draft a QB early in the first round.

There’s no doubt that Freeman has all the physical tools that NFL teams dream of. There are a lot of things to like about Freeman. He has the prototypical size. He has the arm strength. He has the intangibles. He can easily make every single throw in the book. He can throw it across his body. He’s reaaly accurate throwing on the run like Ben Roethlisberger. He moves well around in the pocket and avoids defenders. The two aspects he lacks are pin-point accuracy and decision-making. If you ask me, those two aspects are keeping Freeman from being a near perfect QB. Unfortunately, those two aspects are the most important in becoming a GREAT quarterback. What are Tom Brady and Peyton Manning’s two biggest strengths? Accuracy and smarts. I’m not saying that Freeman that Freeman will ever be a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning but there’s no reason why he can’t. I mean, you just never know, right? The sky is the limit for Freeman. He controls his own destiny.

So my question is, will Freeman become a Matt Ryan or an Andre Woodson? Those two were arguably the top two QBs in the country last year and Ryan got selected third overall and Woodson was taken as the 198th overall pick in the 6th round. What’s the big difference between those two that makes Ryan that more attractive than Woodson? Was Ryan overvalued or was Woodson undervalued? I do agree that Ryan does have all the intangibles but is that enough to make a difference of being a first round pick rather than a sixth round pick? I’m not comparing Freeman to Ryan or Woodson. I’m just saying that QBs benefit by getting overvalued or they fall victim of becoming undervalued. This year was a perfect example. Having the physical tools can only take you so far. Freeman’s accuracy and decision-making leaves something to be desired. We found that out with Andre Woodson.

Speaking of Kansas State, the QB from my high school just got a call from the coach of Kansas State. He's about to enter his senior season.

Sorry for being kinda off topic.

Comment

Whats his name?

Comment

well idk about him but check out this guy http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/137028 lol but i bet if his desicon making gets better he will go 5th round but who will he throw 2?
        Brett Favre in 2 years...sigpic

Comment

Yeah the NFL is all about under 6 foot QB's. Reesing is nothing more than a product of the system

Comment

I love Freeman's pocket presence.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

6-foot Tarkenton capped an 18-year NFL career completing 57 percent of his passes for 47,003 yards and 342 touchdowns

Comment

Yeah but Reesing is barely 5'10. I stood next to him at KU basketball camp and he was barely taller than me and I was 5'9 then

Comment

but back 2 freeman i dont really think kstate had much outside of nelson at reciever

Comment

Yeah which shows his stats were that more impressive. This year they have brought in 5 or 6 recievers and he will be able to spread the ball around more. Last year every passing play was Jordy get open, now we can throw to other guys

Comment

Isn't Drew Brees 6 foot or a bit under?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                        Isn't Drew Brees 6 foot or a bit under?
                        Reesing does remind me of Drew Brees a bit. Wasn't Reesing only a Sophmore last year? I doubt he declares as a junior.

Comment

Every short QB gets compared to Drew Brees...it's getting ****ing ridiculous.
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            Every short QB gets compared to Drew Brees...it's getting ****ing ridiculous.
                            And every athletic QB to Vick/VY and every big QB to Big Ben.

Comment

Yeah, Drew Brees is the exception. I believe there is something special about the way he throws anyways that makes him play taller than 6'0".

Comment

Working...
                              X