QB Kyle Wright - Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Kyle Wright - Miami

Okay, so my team picked up another UFA / late round QB that I hadn't really heard much about. So, I curious as to what you guys think of this guy, does he have a legitimate chance of making the roster?
    sigpic
    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

If he is from Miami of Florida then he has a chance. Any Miami Fl. quarterback has a chance. They are tought to be professional quarterbacks even if they are no more than backups.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

He was a top recruit coming out of high school but never really played to his potential

Comment

Still. Weather he lived up to potential or not when it comes to Miami Fla Quarterbacks they are ripe for the pickings. It's like you have a fundamentally sound clean slate to groom. See Ken Dorsey. He is a third string quarterback who would be a great backup and tutor on any other team than Cleveland who has two quality (I use that term loosely with Anderson) starters on their roster. Dorsey was thought to be a career Practice Squad Quarterback by many scouts and GM's and he has proven that he can compete in the league. Even if you need to put him on the practice squad for a year or two you keep him in your franchise.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
          Still. Weather he lived up to potential or not when it comes to Miami Fla Quarterbacks they are ripe for the pickings. It's like you have a fundamentally sound clean slate to groom. See Ken Dorsey. He is a third string quarterback who would be a great backup and tutor on any other team than Cleveland who has two quality (I use that term loosely with Anderson) starters on their roster. Dorsey was thought to be a career Practice Squad Quarterback by many scouts and GM's and he has proven that he can compete in the league. Even if you need to put him on the practice squad for a year or two you keep him in your franchise.
          I'm afraid he'll be the next Tyler Thigpen or Todd Bowman... good backup QB's with potential to be good starting QB's but who get snagged off of waivers by other teams when the Vikings try to move them to the practice squad.
          sigpic
          PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
          NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
          Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
          Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
          MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
          PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
          Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
          Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
          ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
          Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
          InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
          EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
          BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
          Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

he sucks

/thread

Comment

He's complete TRASH
              Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
              Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
              Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
              Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

The second coming of Ken Dorsey.

Comment

From a Miami fan that watched alot of his games. You dont want him.

Comment

He has no change at making the roster...Maybe the practice squad though.

Our QB's are going to be:

1.Tarvaris Jackson
                    2.Gus Frerotte
                    3.John David Booty

Comment

Originally posted by Saintsfan View Post
                      From a Miami fan that watched alot of his games. You dont want him.
                      Practice Squad. Groom him to be a future second or third string guy.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                        He has no change at making the roster...Maybe the practice squad though.

Our QB's are going to be:

1.Tarvaris Jackson
                        2.Gus Frerotte
                        3.John David Booty
                        Is so, that's just dumb. The best QB on our roster right now is Brooks Bollinger. After that, I would say the order is...

1: Brooks Bollinger
                        2: Tarvaris "Makes Grossman Look Elite" Jackson
                        3: John Booty
                        4: Gus Ferotte

Ferrote has no experience in a WCO, and the middle of a season isn't where you're supposed to get it. Jackson just plain sucks. Booty is probably more cabable of running the offense than Ferrotte, but he's still a question mark. Still though, you're probably right... the front office doesn't have their egos riding on Bollinger, so inspite of being our best QB option, he'll be the odd man out. Which means that Tarvaris Jackson is the ONLY QB on our roster right now who's capable of playing the game... and in his case I use the words "capable of playing the game" loosely. Bad news for the Viking faithful.
                        Last edited by ZN0rseman; 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                          I'm afraid he'll be the next Tyler Thigpen or Todd Bowman... good backup QB's with potential to be good starting QB's but who get snagged off of waivers by other teams when the Vikings try to move them to the practice squad.
                          Like the Browns did to the Ravens with Derek Anderson. Yea, that is the tough part.

Comment

So you think Thigpen can be good?

Comment

Dude Thigpen sucks...He will never be more than a backup in the NFL. He had one good preseason game against 3rd string players and now people think he will be good.

And Mr. Norseman if you think Brooks Bollinger is the best QB on the roster you are insane. He will not make the roster unless we keep 4 QB's which is highly unlikely.

Tarvaris "Makes Grossman look elite" Jackson?? That is just ridiculous. I can't stand these people that rip on the kid with only one full year as a starter. Did you by any chance notice his improvement at the end of the year? Especially the Denver game. He will be much better this season and will lead us to the playoffs....Just wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X