X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NFL Mock Draft Updated 10/5

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Glenn Dorsey in NO WAY fits the 3-4 defense Walter. Horrible pick. I like the innovation and I like the boldness, but Jake Long is the pick there. Even Todd McShay said today if Miami had the #1 pick they take Long.

Rams defense is in shambles and they pass up on Calais Campbell when they already have their LT in Alex Barron?

I really like the innovation in the Saints pick, but with so much money invested in DE (Grant and Smith) I see them trying to get out of that pick. Really have no clue who they take if Long and Dorsey is off the board. But that won't happen if they pick 3.

Woodson>Brohm. I will keep saying it. Woodson looked bad tonight, but Brohm has never played against a pass defense for 4 quarters that was half as good as SC's is this year. Woodson has more experience against the elite defenses. Look at the schedule: Arkansas (very athletic defense, not as bad as people say they are), South Carolina, LSU, Florida, Mississippi State, Georgia, Tennessee.

Who does Brohm play this year with a defense? South Florida and Cincinnati that is IT.

How do the Bills take Kenny Phillips? Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner say hello.

You keep talking about Derrick's Harvey's Championship game 2 sacks this year. WHAT THE **** HAS HE DONE THIS YEAR??? HE HAD A GOOD GAME AGAINST AUBURN AND THAT IS IT. HE ISN'T A FIRST ROUND PICK RIGHT NOW.

Steve Slaton=overrated

Love the Justin King to Baltimore pick, but he goes way too low. Buffalo takes him.

I don't feel like the Giants go CB 2 years in a row. They need more offensive talent especially on the OL and RB.

Buccaneers need to get younger on defense. You clearly don't follow them Walter:
    At DE: Set at LDE and I love Gaines explosiion he has shown this year. Will become a beast next season much like Mario this year it takes a while to learn the DE position in the NFL.
    At DT: Jovan Haye and Greg Peterson are playing lights out
    At LB: Cato June is relatively young, Quincy Black tears it up on 3rd downs, and Barrett Ruud is the best ILB in the NFL right now
    At S: Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson say hello.

They do need to get younger at CB of course, but they will address this in round 2-3.

I love the Terrell Thomas to Packers pick. Great fit in the Cover 2.

Second round looks very very solid. I don't know why you have Dwight Lowry or Vince Hall in the 2nd round. Both are very overrated now.

JDB ahead of Ainge? Wow. Ainge plays for Tennessee with not much talent on offense. JDB plays for USC with the motherload of offensive talent. And Ainge is outplaying JDB against SEC competition imo compared to the Pac 10. Ainge could end up being a first round pick if someone trades up for him. Don't underrate him.

Andre Caldwell in the 2nd round? I want to puke.

Chris Johnson is overrated. I guarnatee Walter he doesn't run a 4.2 at the combine. He runs a 4.32 at best. And he is still the 8th best RB or so in this draft.

How do you have Mike Jenkins at the back of the 2nd? He's playing like the 2nd best corner in the country behind King.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 10-05-2007, 12:38 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Ummm... Miami plays a 4-3. Check NFL.com and Ourlads depth charts if you don't believe me. They sometimes switch to the 3-4 midgame, but they have a base 4-3.

The Rams are sucking this year because they can't pass protect, if you haven't noticed. Alex Barron isn't playing well.

The Saints have ZERO sacks. ZERO. They need pass rushers.

I guess you didn't read my write-up of the Bills pick. Ko Simpson is out for the year. Buffalo needs defensive help, and at that point, Phillips is the top player. Simpson's coming off injury.

Harvey will be a top 15 pick.

You could be right about the Giants. I would have loved to give them Steve Slaton, but he was off the board.

If Tampa Bay is so great defensively, why are they 20th in rush yards allowed? Something is wrong there. Where do you see them going in Round 1?

LOL you gave me a "wow" for Booty > Ainge? They're about the same in my book right now. Booty had one bad game and you're giving him the boot? Pun intended.

Measurables. Measurables. Measurables. Mike Jenkins needs to get out of his mid 4.4. I have Lowery over Jenkins because the former, who is pretty solid, runs a 4.3.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

OK and I still have Brohm over Woodson by just a bit. I wouldn't make a big fuss over it. It could go either way - whichever QB the first team that needs a QB prefers.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

1. Dom Capers will install the 3-4. NFL.com's depth charts are awful, never use them Walter.

2. Rams are sucking for a lot of reasons. But their defense still lacks a lot of talent. Good RTs can be found later in the draft. Look at what Tampa did over the years. Load up on interior OL (Sears and Joseph) and then find a stable RT in Jeremy Trueblood in round 2 in 2006 and he is playing lights out this year.

3. You didn't address how the Saints loaded so much money into Will Smith and Charles Grant. There are other ways to get better with sacks. How about LBers and CBs that can cover? Those can be drafted in round 2 and 3. #3 pick is too high to take any LB or CB at this point.

4. So what if Ko is out for the year? He can still come back. Bills also need help a lot moreso at CB and WR than a FS. Justin King is the best pick for value at that point (I have him rated higher than Phillips).

5. And you backup "Harvey will be a top 15 pick with absolutely no argument." He won't be a top 15 pick Walter if he keeps being a no-show all year. Have you watched him play at all?

6. Tampa Bay: #5 overall in total defense. Sedrick Ellis doesn't solve the rushing issues. He is a pass rushing DT. They drafted Greg Peterson for this and he is playing GREAT this year in a reserve role. He could eventually be the guy at UT.

Why 20th? Because the Bucs aren't letting teams throw on them and they know they can beat the other team if they limit the big plays. It is what the Cover 2 is all about. It isn't about stuffing the run really.

Where Bucs will go in round 1 next year*:
          Most Likely: WR
          Possibly (in order of greatest to least): QB, LT, RB
          Not gonna happen: Defense, OL (other than LT), TE

You overrated 40 times greatly. Scouts know it isn't about the 40 time really. Lowry runs a 4.55 btw. 4.3 isn't even close he never was a freak athlete and never will be. He is a Cover 2 corner with good ball skills.

And since when did a mid 4.4 become slow? Thats actually very fast. 4.5-4.53 isn't slow. Also, game speed>>>>>40 time

*Also, this is the kind of year where I expect the Bucs to move down in the draft. I think they want to take a WR really bad and they don't want to reach for one. If they want a guy like Keenan Burton or Limas Sweed, it would be smart to trade down 3-4 picks to get him and pick up a 4th rounder or so.
          Last edited by Matt McGuire; 10-05-2007, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to your rebuttle. I will have a new mock out next week so I can reupdate the order again (made a new one earlier this week but I want another week of football to get an even more accurate order).

You can take all the shots you want at me. I highly welcome it.

Comment

1. Not just NFL.com's but Ourlad's... Miami plays two defensive tackles, one nose, one regular. If you look, Vonnie Holliday and his backups are close to Dorsey's size. Also, if you go to any Dolphins message boards, you'll see all of their fans pining for Dorsey.

2. I think the Rams want Barron at RT. They'll need a LT if they give up on Pace, who's been hurt every year recently.

3. Still, how do your starting DEs not get any sacks? That's inexcusable. They may cut one of them.

4. That's where we disagree. I have Phillips higher than King.

I may change the Tampa pick.

I have Lowery faster than that. Coaches and GMs put a lot of emphasis on the 40 time. I think it's dumb, but that's just what they do.

4.4 isn't slow, but it's not a 4.3.

Oh, by the way, I was curious by your Andre Caldwell comment, so I decided to see where other sites rank him. NFL Draft Scout has him third for 2008 WRs LOL. That's funny.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

1. I have never made any evaluation off other fans wants.
                2. Agree to disagree with STL
                3. Cut Grant or Smith? How about a little pass protection. You don't load up at a certain position with big contracts on the line Walter.
                4. Very very rare to run a 4.3 40. Even so, I'm more concerned about fluid hips and instincts. 4.4 is very fast.
                5. What has Caldwell done to warrant being drafted over the likes of Malcolm Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Keenan Burton, Early Doucet, or Harry Douglas?

I respect NFLDS, but I don't care what they say. Caldwell isn't a 2nd round pick much less a first. I don't go by others' evaluations Walter I go by my own.

He has been injured all year and he only had one reception vs. Troy. He drops in the rankings because he hasn't done anything yet. Am I going to hold it against him for the entire season? No, but other senior WRs stocks have been raising tremendously this year.

Comment

I know Caldwell's having a bad year, but at 6-1, 200 and a 4.35, scouts may fall in love with him.

As for No. 1, I don't either, but the fact they're pining for him means he fits into their scheme in some capacity, true or false?
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Okay.

Stop it with the great 40 times Walter.

Jason Hill, Lauren Robinson, and Johnnie Lee Higgins had 4.3 40 times, yet they all fell to round 3.

I don't get it. You say "someone may fall in love with him"...someone may fall in love with Alley Broussard too. Lets put him in round 2 also.

Comment

And you have inside information on Miami pinning for Dorsey?

No you don't.

Miami fans might want him, but it isn't going to happen. He is a horrible fit in the 3-4 and there is no point in wasting a pick on an UT when you run both the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes.

Miami wants a Haloti Ngata type. Not a Warren Sapp type.

Look how Sapp did when Oakland ran the 3-4. He looked horrible. Same with Dorsey it is a bad fit.

You think too many players can fit the 3-4 no offense, but it's true.

Comment

Also, Caldwell has been inconsistent his entire career. He isn't a round 2 prospect until he makes a dramatic improvement.

Comment

Kenny Phillips not a need at all, but IF he or Ko could play CB then I love it cuz I love Phillips.

Xavier Adibi-eh he is okay don't no much about him.

Dre Moore not a fan at all - I like Andre Fluellen 5 times better

Jacob Tamme I like.

Matt YES I justed looked at the Bills. So don't say anything.

Comment

Am I the only person that has watched FSU play this year? Fluellen has looked awful...and yet BR, Dre Moore is tearing it up.

Comment

I'd like the Panthers to go Kenny Phillips or James Laurinaitis. Chris Harris is playing well, but Deke Cooper is a disgrace. Also Dan Morgan is out again with partially torn Achilles. Frankly, as a Panther fan, I'm just completely sick and tired of his injuries.

I'd wait to see what Charles Johnson could do before we address the DE position with a first round pick. He hasn't been given a chance to play, so I guess we'll see next year when Rucker is gone.

Also, I wouldn't mind them trading up to secure Sam Baker. Travelle Wharton isn't anything special. QB could be addressed if Carr plays like crap again this weekend against the Saints. Just my suggestions!
                              Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
                              2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
                              2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
                              3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
                              3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
                              4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Working...
                              X