Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals.com 2009 mock

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=802821

Doesnt look bad. I wouldn't be disappointed with Stafford. I think he will have great year but he hasn't proven alot yet. Only 2 QB's in the first round. I lol'ed at Rudy Carpenter in the first. Cullen Harper and Chase Daniel are 10x the QB he is

I'd be real happy if the Steelers were a playoff team and still got James Laurinaitis at 25.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
      http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=802821

Doesnt look bad. I wouldn't be disappointed with Stafford. I think he will have great year but he hasn't proven alot yet. Only 2 QB's in the first round. I lol'ed at Rudy Carpenter in the first. Cullen Harper and Chase Daniel are 10x the QB he is
      I actually like the Comeback Kid. He's in a way tougher situation than Chase Daniel. He's just a tough QB with a lot of swagger. Too bad he's too short.

I don't think this mock did it's homework though. They should have looked at who will be free agents next year.

Comment

Rudy Carpenter is barely a 3rd round prospect. The kid got sacked as much as the 49'ers QB's did in 3/4ths of the time.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
          Rudy Carpenter is barely a 3rd round prospect. The kid got sacked as much as the 49'ers QB's did in 3/4ths of the time.
          I don't see how that's a knock against him. He overcame poor offensive line play and almost got Arizona State to the Rose Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            I don't see how that's a knock against him. He overcame poor offensive line play and almost got Arizona State to the Rose Bowl.
            You're knocking Ben for holding onto the ball too long, but Carpenter slides? I don't get this. Carpenter had adequate protection. Maybe not great, but his center was Mike Pollak, who was a 2nd rounder to the Colts. And who are the great sack artists emerging from the Pac-10, anyway? It's not like the Scum Devils were facing Vernon Gholston and Chris Long.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

You're knocking Ben for holding onto the ball too long, but Carpenter slides? I don't get this. Carpenter had adequate protection. Maybe not great, but his center was Mike Pollak, who was a 2nd rounder to the Colts. And who are the great sack artists emerging from the Pac-10, anyway? It's not like the Scum Devils were facing Vernon Gholston and Chris Long.
              That's the big misconception with there line. Pollack was good, but the rest was utter ****.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                That's the big misconception with there line. Pollack was good, but the rest was utter ****.
                I'm biased, considering I'm a Wildcat, but can you please name the devastating sack artists in the Pac-10? Please?

Sacked 6 times against USC. That's fine, because Sedrick Ellis, Fili Moala, and Lawrence Jackson were busy shredding him to pieces.

Sacked 9 times against Oregon. 7 times against Washington State. 5 times against UCLA. 6 times against Stanford! What dominant pass rushers are on these teams? Tell me. Please. I'd love to know.
                - Also known as Dan.

Comment

I'm biased, considering I'm a Wildcat, but can you please name the devastating sack artists in the Pac-10? Please?

Sacked 6 times against USC. That's fine, because Sedrick Ellis, Fili Moala, and Lawrence Jackson were busy shredding him to pieces.

Sacked 9 times against Oregon. 7 times against Washington State. 5 times against UCLA. 6 times against Stanford! What dominant pass rushers are on these teams? Tell me. Please. I'd love to know.
                  I am arguing that his offensive line is terrible. You keep telling me that he gets sacked a lot. I don't see where this discussion is going.

Comment

I saw a couple of his games. He holds onto the ball too long. He tries to make the throw instead of booking it or throwing away the ball. That's his problem. His offensive line is serviceable, not great.

Really, I'm saying that Carpenter makes his offensive line look worse than it is. I'm kinda biased, as I said. Just wait until he plays in the NFL behind a solid line.
                    Last edited by Blazedestin; 05-01-2008, 12:56 AM.
                    - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Working...
                    X