Surprise Team of the Year 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise Team of the Year 2008

Who do you think it will be? I think the teams with the most surprise potential are the Chiefs, Bears, and Cardinals.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Buffalo Bills are going to get a 10 to 12 win season. They will enter the top ten of my initial power rankings.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Bills could be a surprise team. I wouldn't bet against the Panthers to win a lot in 2008 either: Otah and Stewart can make a big splash this season. The Panthers however, will fall behind in 2009.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I agree the Bills are much improved but I can't see them winning enough games in that division. The Patriots and Jets will have the ability to put enough pressure on Edwards to rattle the second-year QB. I think the Bills are on the right track but they need another year.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Since I'm such a homer, I'll say the Ravens because defense wins championships. Now I'll pick my real teams:

St. Louis Rams, if Orlando Pace is healthy, that's a big boost. I doubt they get that many injuries to their offensive line again. I think they will emulate the Browns last year where they were able to take the 4th hardest schedule in the division and then ride their offensive power to or close to the playoffs. But, I could see Scott Linehan ****ing it all up.

Carolina Panthers, it's nice to have Jake Delhomme back and even then, Matt Moore should have improved from last year in case Jake goes down. I like their offensive line on paper. I like the Thunder and Lightning combo in the backfield. I feel like their defense should do a lot better, even though the line is in shambles. If Charles Johnson can be a solid option across from Julius Peppers, then they could unseat New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            Since I'm such a homer, I'll say the Ravens because defense wins championships. Now I'll pick my real teams:

St. Louis Rams, if Orlando Pace is healthy, that's a big boost. I doubt they get that many injuries to their offensive line again. I think they will emulate the Browns last year where they were able to take the 4th hardest schedule in the division and then ride their offensive power to or close to the playoffs. But, I could see Scott Linehan ****ing it all up.

Carolina Panthers, it's nice to have Jake Delhomme back and even then, Matt Moore should have improved from last year in case Jake goes down. I like their offensive line on paper. I like the Thunder and Lightning combo in the backfield. I feel like their defense should do a lot better, even though the line is in shambles. If Charles Johnson can be a solid option across from Julius Peppers, then they could unseat New Orleans and Tampa Bay.
            If Carolina successfully utilizes the grinding, clock eating offense that they want to do, that'd help out both Delhomme's arm and the depleted front four of the Panthers. That would probably be the only hope for that front four.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
              If Carolina successfully utilizes the grinding, clock eating offense that they want to do, that'd help out both Delhomme's arm and the depleted front four of the Panthers. That would probably be the only hope for that front four.
              Well that's probably why they chose Stewart over Mendenhall though I still think three years from now we'll look back and say wtf were they thinking.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I understand why they took Stewart over Mendenhall. If it doesn't work out, hindsight is always 20/20.

Comment

Mendenhall also arrives into a much better situation. Willie Parker proved he's capable of carrying a full load, although I'm not sure how he's recovered from his broken leg. Parker can take 60-70% of the carries, easily.

Stewart might be required to be the primary workhorse right from the start. DeAngelo Williams looks like nothing more than a change up back now.
                  - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Bit controversial because they seem to get a fair bit of hate on this board, but the Raiders might surprise a few, a lot of their FA signings were risk/reward types and could go both ways, im not expecting miracles from them but even 8 wins would be a surprise...

My other surprise team will be the Chicago Bears who could get back to the playoffs at least if all their rookies do well...

Comment

Raiders? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Maybe 8 wins but playoffs hells nah.

Comment

Texans!

Comment

Texans.

Comment

The Raiders, because they envisioned Darren McFadden running for 2000 plus yards plus 5 KO returns for a TD’s and throwing 6 TD passes.

Back to reality. The Bills our my pick.
                            Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Raiders? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Maybe 8 wins but playoffs hells nah.
                              Most people would be surprised if they got 7-8 wins though, i dont expect much from them, but a few of their signings have real upsides, no way they make the playoffs but they could shock a few people and win a few...wouldn't most people be surprised if the raiders won more than 6?

Comment

Working...
                              X