Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Haefner's 2009 NFL Mock Draft

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009greg.php

Greg has joined this site after writing for ConDraft.com and One Click Sports Reports.

I'll give him this link so he can read the feedback.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Can I read some of his material from ConDraft? I googled and didn't find anything.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I'd like to know Greg's thoughts on improving the worst defense in the NFL...Mike Crabtree won't do that.

Comment

I have a problem with a WR at number 1, but of coarse this is early speculation.
        Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
          I have a problem with a WR at number 1, but of coarse this is early speculation.
          I do tend to agree with you, but as you pointed out, we are a year away.

Comment

Pretty solid mock...Even though hes good, I don't think Robiskie is a 1st round prospect. Also, everyone needs to realize that the Eagles don't go LB in the first round.

Comment

This year went against WR in rd1. Do you guys feel that if a few of these WR light it up, next year will have WR in rd1, or have GM's just realized its better value later in the draft?
              Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Pretty interesting, but a couple picks I don't like:

-Crabtree #1 overall. I don't think he is #1 overall material when they could take Malcolm Jenkins.
                -Tyson Jackson to Oakland, I'm pretty sure Derrick Burgess's contract isn't up yet. I think he has two more years.
                -Tim Tebow is not a pro prospect QB
                -I don't know how McAlister is starting to show the wrong side of 30.
                -George Selvie is not a LE.
                -Darrius Howard-Bey should be going higher to a team like Houston, Chicago, Philadelphia
                -Greg Middleton... meh... I think they might want a CB or safety. I find Middleton a reach so they might as well reach for a DB.
                -Tennesse, Jason Jones kind of fills that DE hole where Kearse will be a stop gap.

Comment

Like the Bills pick

Comment

Another bad pick is the Bucs already drafted a speed WR in Dexter Jackson so we won't pick another one in DHB.

I think if we were to go WR we would go back with a possession type.

I'm going to be doing 2009 team needs this summer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Another bad pick is the Bucs already drafted a speed WR in Dexter Jackson so we won't pick another one in DHB.

I think if we were to go WR we would go back with a possession type.

I'm going to be doing 2009 team needs this summer as well.
                      Let me take a wild guess and say the Browns biggest need will be CB
                      Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

I'm a little biased here when I say this because I saw him play quite a bit in high school and I was amazed by how much he could take over a game, but if he enters the draft I would be SHOCKED if Percy Harvin wasn't in the first round.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Sorry it took me a while to get my forum set up guys. But I'm here and ready to respond to your feedback:

Matt: As far as improving the defense goes, there should be plenty of solid 2nd round talent in the 2009 draft, and they could add an extra pick or 2 if they do in fact trade Jason Taylor. Plus they added Phillip Merling in the 2nd round this year who should help. Jason Ferguson in the middle is solid and the addition of Akin Ayodele was a great pickup for that defense.

Puppy Puncher:

1. Jenkins would also be a good #1 overall guy, but I think that Crabtree is just too good of a talent to pass up, as he could really help an offense with no real receivers on board.

2. I'm aware that Burgess is still under contract, but who is playing across from him? Jay Richardson? The guy had 1 sack last year. Burgess needs some help on the other side.

3. Everyone just loves to hate Tebow, and while I'll agree he's either hit or miss, I think another solid year at Florida should convince teams he's got game.

4. He's starting to show by missing half the season last year (8 games) and recording a whopping 19 tackles with 1 INT.

5. Selvie can play either end spot easily.

6. Houston and Philadelphia do not need a receiver, but I agree you have an argument with Chicago.

7. Valid point especially with Leigh Bodden leaving. I'll change that pick in my next update.

8. Kyle Vanden Bosch will be 31 when the 2009 draft comes around and they will need to start grooming his replacement.

Matt (Again):DHB is 6-2, 206. He's not just a speed receiver, he's a complete receiver.
                          Originally posted by bills_red
                          I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
                          sigpic
                          Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_Haefner View Post
                            Sorry it took me a while to get my forum set up guys. But I'm here and ready to respond to your feedback:

Matt: As far as improving the defense goes, there should be plenty of solid 2nd round talent in the 2009 draft, and they could add an extra pick or 2 if they do in fact trade Jason Taylor. Plus they added Phillip Merling in the 2nd round this year who should help. Jason Ferguson in the middle is solid and the addition of Akin Ayodele was a great pickup for that defense.

Matt (Again):DHB is 6-2, 206. He's not just a speed receiver, he's a complete receiver.
                            OMG so you look at his size and tell me that's how he plays? He doesn't show distinguished route running skills and he drops a lot of catchable balls. Wow so you think a player's size meaning how small/big he is dictates his skill set? DHB is anything BUT a complete receiver. He has a high upside but he is hardly a polished talent.

Ayodele is an average player. The defense really sucks and won't create speed off the edge or have any pass coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              OMG so you look at his size and tell me that's how he plays? He doesn't show distinguished route running skills and he drops a lot of catchable balls. Wow so you think a player's size meaning how small/big he is dictates his skill set? DHB is anything BUT a complete receiver. He has a high upside but he is hardly a polished talent.

Ayodele is an average player. The defense really sucks and won't create speed off the edge or have any pass coverage.
                              I look at his size and tell you thats how he CAN play. Route running is what coaching is for and he can easily be taught that in the pros. Size cannot be taught. He has the physical tools and raw talent to easily become a complete receiver in the league.

I agree the Dolphins defense sucks, but so does their offense. Equally so.
                              Originally posted by bills_red
                              I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
                              sigpic
                              Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Comment

Working...
                              X