• Show
Clear All

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Berea Report: Hall Ready to Be Coached Up

By Fred Greetham
    OBR Browns Reporter
    Posted May 3, 2008

BEREA - On draft day Phil Savage said seventh-round draft choice Alex Hall was the most developmental of the five players the Browns drafted.

But don’t tell Hall that.

“This is a big step for me,” Hall said. “I want to take advantage of the opportunity available to me.”

Romeo Crennel said it’s hard to tell after a day or two of mini camp with no pads.

“He’s one of the draft choices,” Crennel said. “He has athletic ability and talent, but we’ll have to put the pads on in training camp and see what he can do.”

Hall played at Division II St. Augustine where he amassed 26 career sacks. The 6-6, 260 pound projected outside linebacker feels he played against good competition.

“There are a lot of good players in the league I played in,” Hall said. “I was one of the best.”

In addition to the 26 sacks, Hall had 156 tackles with 51 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback pressures.

Hall thinks he has a lot to learn from the Browns’ coaches and is ready to begin.

“I pretty much am coming from school, but feel I’m in a situation where the coaches will help me to get to where I want to be.”

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Yea. The only problem is that one of the outside linebackers will be left out after Andre Davis retires or leaves. That is what I am concerned about.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    I think there will be a learning curve for the two of them, but the future looks pretty good for the front 7 for 2009 and beyond.
    What impresses me the most about Hall is how fluid a runner he is at his size. I think in the end he could turn out to be a better pro then Shaun Crable or Bruce Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    He could be the answer as a future Strong Side Linebacker. Like Bell and Hall or not you have to admitt the Browns have one hell of a linebacking core.

Leave a comment:

• GridIron NUt
    replied
    Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
    Sorry the link didn’t work for you vbsiena24.….he was the Browns 7th round draft pick,
    A hybrid DE from tiny St. Augustine Collage. How this kid fell through the cracks I’ll never know.
    Very promising looking prospect. He is like the Vernon Gholston of division III. I'm pimp'en this guy.
    really looks like an impressive talent. 6’5” 245 lbs and is a fluid runner, Long arms and 11” hands also the clip shows his hand speed and nice feet. I can’t wait to see him in pads.
    I cant wait to see OT's eat him.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
    NFL Network has him listed at 238lbs. I saw another site that showed him at 250lbs and the Browns have him at 215lbs so who knows.
    Alex Hall in a interview after he was drafted by the Browns, stated that his weight was up to 245 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• gq4ever
    replied
    NFL Network has him listed at 238lbs. I saw another site that showed him at 250lbs and the Browns have him at 215lbs so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• gq4ever
    replied
    LOL...I don't know why they have him listed at 215...I think its the weight he was at when he came to St. Augustine, but if you look at the clip one can clearly see he is not 215 lbs.
    No I believe he was 190lbs when he got to St. Augustine and bulked up to 215. So he need to put on about 30 more pounds.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    If he is 215 then so am I. And I thought I was 65lbs heavier than 215.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
    One reason he fell through the cracks is because he isn't 245lbs he is 215lbs. The boy needs to baulk up. his starting weight in college I think was like 190lbs. So that would be one reason.
    LOL...I don't know why they have him listed at 215...I think its the weight he was at when he came to St. Augustine, but if you look at the clip one can clearly see he is not 215 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• gq4ever
    replied
    Sorry the link didn’t work for you vbsiena24.….he was the Browns 7th round draft pick,
    A hybrid DE from tiny St. Augustine Collage. How this kid fell through the cracks I’ll never know.
    Very promising looking prospect. He is like the Vernon Gholston of division III. I'm pimp'en this guy.
    really looks like an impressive talent. 6’5” 245 lbs and is a fluid runner, Long arms and 11” hands also the clip shows his hand speed and nice feet. I can’t wait to see him in pads.
    One reason he fell through the cracks is because he isn't 245lbs he is 215lbs. The boy needs to baulk up. his starting weight in college I think was like 190lbs. So that would be one reason.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    BS..... Vernon Gholston is the sch##it.
    Gholston was my highest rated prospect this year. But that's because he did it in Division 1-A.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
    You answered your own question about how he "fell through the cracks."
    BS..... Vernon Gholston is the sch##it.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    He is like the Vernon Gholston of division III.
    You answered your own question about how he "fell through the cracks."

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    Video didn't work for me, but the sound did.

Seriously who is Alex Hall and how does it affect me?
    Very promising looking prospect. He is like the Vernon Gholston of division II. I'm pimp'en this guy.
    Last edited by FL_Dawg; 05-04-2008, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X