Walter 2009 Mock Update 5/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter 2009 Mock Update 5/5

Wow all of a sudden Cullen Harper gets in the first round? How does that happen I wonder?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Pretty good. No secret that I'm high on Harvin but after this year I can't see him being below a top 10 pick. I think he's really going to show how dominant he can be.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I think DE/DT Tyson Jackson I think is going to have a big year. Most think it was a bad idea for him to return to LSU for his senior year, because he will not have the benefit of playing with Glenn Dorsey on the DL, he was considered to be a 2nd or 3rd tier prospect in the 08 draft if he was to come out, but if he can show that he can still produce without Dorsey’s presence on the line I think He will improve his stock and will be a top 10 talent, maybe even a top 5.
      Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Jackson is a good player but he needs to work on not geting so many stupid penaltys called on him. I cant tell you how many times i have seen him called for roughing the passer. He always seems to hit the QB way after he trows the ball and the NFL protects the QB alot more than the NCAA.

Comment

not 2 lineman for the steelers

Comment

Nice mock, good bears picks.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

The texans have bigger needs than OLB, because Greenwood is underrated, and we got xavier adibi. I would rather have a saftey like Myron Rolle or Taylor Mays, but Cushing is a great value pick, so i am happy with it.

Comment

-Darrell Robertson going undrafted makes me wonder about what opinions are held about Georgia Tech defensive players. I can see him dropping without his defensive co-ordinator.
                -Baltimore drafted Tavarres Gooden, we should take Herman Johnson instead since we might lose Jason Brown.
                -Giving the Titans a RB made me lol
                -Tim Tebow? Ewww... icky
                -Chris McAlister is still an elite cornerback.

Comment

Nice KC picks but Jeremy Maclin would be a great 2nd round pick there to play opposite Bowe or in the slot

Comment

Originally posted by Saintsfan View Post
                    Jackson is a good player but he needs to work on not geting so many stupid penaltys called on him. I cant tell you how many times i have seen him called for roughing the passer. He always seems to hit the QB way after he trows the ball and the NFL protects the QB alot more than the NCAA.
                    You bring up a good point, but these NCAA players are all trying to make names for themselves.
                    From a Coaching point of view I think you have to kind of balance the good with the bad at that level, because you still want them to show aggressive play. I agree he needs to tone down the stupid penalties, because they wont be tolerated at the next level.
                    Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                      -Darrell Robertson going undrafted makes me wonder about what opinions are held about Georgia Tech defensive players. I can see him dropping without his defensive co-ordinator.
                      -Baltimore drafted Tavarres Gooden, we should take Herman Johnson instead since we might lose Jason Brown.
                      -Giving the Titans a RB made me lol
                      -Tim Tebow? Ewww... icky
                      -Chris McAlister is still an elite cornerback.
                      McAllister and Rolle are still over 30. Fabian Washington hasn't proved much, so it would probably be a good idea to bring in another guy to groom when the first two retire.
                      - Also known as Dan.
                      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        That's bad logic. He didn't go UDFA because of the team he played for. Wasn't Phillip Wheeler a 3rd round pick?

Walter said last year scouts had a poor view on the Notre Dame program thus the ND players falling in the draft.

Incorrect, and John Carlson was a surprise 2nd round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Wow all of a sudden Cullen Harper gets in the first round? How does that happen I wonder?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php
                          I took Sam Bradford out of my mock and the next QB opened up. That's it LOL, no conspiracy here.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
                            The texans have bigger needs than OLB, because Greenwood is underrated, and we got xavier adibi. I would rather have a saftey like Myron Rolle or Taylor Mays, but Cushing is a great value pick, so i am happy with it.
                            Yeah, value pick was the reasoning I made with Cushing. I definitely considered Myron Rolle.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Safeties are much more valueable than SAM linebackers though.

Comment

Working...
                              X