Greg Haefner's 2008 NFL Training Camp Battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Haefner's 2008 NFL Training Camp Battles

Greg takes a look at the most intriguing matchup on each team.

http://walterfootball.com/gregcampnfc.php - NFC

http://walterfootball.com/gregcampafc.php - AFC
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Not really seeing why that's what you picked as your bears tc battle. Not really going out on a limb with that one. That's like Briggs vs Jamar Williams.
    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Greg you must have forgot the Vikings signed Madieu Williams. He is our starting safety opposite Darren Sharper.

Comment

Pretty much the only battle we have going on is who is our nickel corner going to be? Either Charles Gordon, Benny Sapp, or Marcus McCauley.

Comment

Greg WTF Andre Dyson isn't on the Jets anymore. Lol you're lucky I'm drinking or I'd make fun of you more.

You can say Dwight Lowery vs Justin Miller vs Hank Poteat (who should resign he hasn't yet) vs Drew Coleman

Justin Miller or Hank Poteat will likely win at #2 CB but it will be a heavily rotated position during games.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

god i hope Hank Baskett becomes a redzone threat..
            Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
              Greg WTF Andre Dyson isn't on the Jets anymore. Lol you're lucky I'm drinking or I'd make fun of you more.

You can say Dwight Lowery vs Justin Miller vs Hank Poteat (who should resign he hasn't yet) vs Drew Coleman

Justin Miller or Hank Poteat will likely win at #2 CB but it will be a heavily rotated position during games.
              You're absolutely right. Christ it must've been real late when I wrote that one. My mistake and thank you for pointing that out. Still think Lowery is going to win it though.
              Originally posted by bills_red
              I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
              sigpic
              Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                Greg you must have forgot the Vikings signed Madieu Williams. He is our starting safety opposite Darren Sharper.
                I'm well aware the Vikings signed Madieu Williams, but there's a reason they drafted Tyrell Johnson, and something tells me it wasn't to see him sit. Remember when the Bills signed Matt Bowen about a month prior to the draft where they took Donte Whitner?
                Originally posted by bills_red
                I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
                sigpic
                Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Comment

The CB battle in camp is Eugene Wilson vs. P-Buc vs. Talib, and Wilson will win.

Wilson doesn't play S in Tampa, he plays CB.

Jesus christ did every rookie win the battle in camp?

Oh yeah, I highly doubt Red Bryant beats out Brandon Mebane, who had a really solid rookie year.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

-How will a rookie WR beat out a veteran? (Steelers). It's not that simple, rookie WRs rarely make an impact. It even took a while for Sweed to get it going at Texas.
                    -I don't understand how about 75% of the rookies win their battles. This seems a bit unrealistic.

Comment

I agree with Matt and PP here. Way too many of these battles have the rookie winning. At least 1/3 of the top round guys are going to bust, and then probably another 1/3 will do ok. These articles seem to have nearly every rookie as dominant. Greg, don't forget the players they are competing against were also pretty good in college, with blistering 40s and amazing strength and all that jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                        I agree with Matt and PP here. Way too many of these battles have the rookie winning. At least 1/3 of the top round guys are going to bust, and then probably another 1/3 will do ok. These articles seem to have nearly every rookie as dominant. Greg, don't forget the players they are competing against were also pretty good in college, with blistering 40s and amazing strength and all that jazz.
                        I dont think the bears rookie battle is really a battle.
                        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_Haefner View Post
                          I'm well aware the Vikings signed Madieu Williams, but there's a reason they drafted Tyrell Johnson, and something tells me it wasn't to see him sit. Remember when the Bills signed Matt Bowen about a month prior to the draft where they took Donte Whitner?
                          But 1 thing Matt Bowen sucked and still sucks

Comment

Also for the battle I hope Greer wins. The Bills fans the follow the team hard (me) would tell you that a few years ago Jabari was doing great at TC and what not and was a ball-hawk. Everyone was pulling for him to get a chance on the team. He got his chance this year and he played great. I hope he wins, my fav. Bills on D. But I do think he would be better off in the slot.

Comment

Come on man that is training camp and that was the past.

Greer vs. Mckelvin will be a heated battle.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X