2009 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Mock Draft

Sup, so I made a 2009 mock draft and a lot of thinking went into it. The hardest part was making the order because I know a lot of brows will furrow when people see it. Please criticize and comment:

1. Detroit Lions Michael Oher, LT, Ole Miss
    - I like Rod Marinelli as a coach. Detroit has a tough schedule and a team that finished off with a whimper last year. It makes sense for the new regime to take the best player in the draft. I just bought "Blind Side" the other day.

2. Miami George Selvie, OLB, South Florida
    - Jason Taylor will soon be dancing his way out of Miami. They'll probably take the local kid that fits the mold of what Parcells likes in pass rushers.

3. San Francisco Cullen Harper, QB, Clemson
    -I just read that JT O'Sullivan is a serious contender for the starting QB job.

4. Kansas City Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
    -Turk McBride probably will do an alright job at RE, but a rotation of him and Michael Johnson sounds like a better option.

5. Washington Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
    -Greg Blanche hinted that he'd rather get pressure with the front four than Greg William's schemes and blitzes. Look for me to drop Tyson Jackson though because I think he will be this years Calais Campbell.

6. Cincinnati Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
    -They want a power running back. Bringing in Shaun Alexander reeks of desperation.

7. Atlanta Ciron Black, LT, LSU
    -I hope their willing to admit that Sam Baker was a mistake.

8. St. Louis Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
    -Provides versatility to play either across from Tye Hill or take over from O.J. Atogwe if he leaves for free agency. Knowshon Moreno is also an option since Steven Jackson is also slated to become a free agent.

9. Oakland Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
    -He'll probably run in the low 4.3s.

10. Chicago Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    -I'm not a big fan of Crabtree and I think he's overrated because of the numbers he put up last year. Still makes sense for Chicago to get a real receiver rather than the Devin Hester gimmick.

11. Tennessee Fili Moala, DT, USC
    -I don't know why Albert Haynesworth would want to resign with the Titans.

12. Pittsburgh Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
    -This pick is likely to change since Pittsburgh will probably sign a lackluster veteran and pretend like he fills the gaping hole on the offensive line.

13. Minnesota Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue
    -Bit of a reach but I think he fits what Minnesota should be looking for.

14. Houston Taylor Mays, S, USC
    -The combine will really boost his stock. It just becomes a matter of Houston trying to upgrade CC Brown.

15. Arizona Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
    -2:1 odds that they say Knowshon Moreno was the #1 running back on their board.

16. Denver Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
    -I don't want to try and write down the name of the guy they have plugged into MLB this year. I don't have much faith in him though. Maualuga is best player available at this juncture.

17. Dallas Myron Rolle, S, Florida State
    -Stop sending Roy Williams to the Pro Bowl.

18. Cleveland Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
    -Early prediction: Peyton Manning throws for 430 yards against this defense.

19. Philadelphia Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    -I think this pick gets traded for either Chad Johnson or Roy Williams. I think Roy Williams is most likely since Detroit may as well pick up draft picks to try and rebuild for the future.

20. Jacksonville Darrius Howard-Bey, WR, Maryland
    -They are one year away. Throw in a playmaker and hope it works for the best.

21. Baltimore Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
    -I think Jason Brown will escape through free agency and Ozzie Newsome will be too excited about picking up a 2010 compensatory pick to chase after him.

22. NY Giants Max Unger, OT, Oregon
    -I'm pretty sure that New York has quite a few offensive linemen slated to hit free agency.

23. NY Jets Arian Foster, RB, Tennessee
    -Could be a nice 1-2 punch with either Thomas Jones or Leon Washington.

24. Seattle[ Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
    -Teams just can't resist the project QB with the rocket lazer arm.

25. Green Bay Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
    -I know they already added a corner in the second round, but it's best to add another one since those corners are still pretty old.

26. Buffalo Alex Mack, C, California
    -They should shore up that offensive line if they hope to dethrone the Patriots.

27. Tampa Bay Jeremy Maclin, WR, Mizzou
    -I'm pretty sure he fits the mold of what Tampa Bay wants in its wide receivers. I'm probably going to get chewed out by Matt though.

28. Philadelphia Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
    -Philly could use another weapon in their offense.

29. Indianapolis Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
    -Very good chance that Marvin Harrison has played his last football game.

30. New England LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh
    -Laurence Maroney ran backwards on third and 1 in the Super Bowl.

31. San Diego Herman Johnson, G, LSU
    -It's time to start thinking about a replacement for Mike Goff.

32. New Orleans William Moore, S, Mizzou
    -I picked New Orleans to win the Super Bowl. I don't think its that big of a stretch. They could use another addition to their secondary though.

Tennessee passing up on a runningback? Doubt it.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Love the mock mainly because the Saints winning the superbowl but besides that it was still a preety good mock.

Comment

Great bears pick.
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I have all sorts of problems with the mock draft order, but I have absolutely no problems with the picks. I'm not sure if Curtis Painter will be worth a top 15 selection, but that's it.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Let me just piss Matt off first and say I love how you have the Jets making the playoffs. It might happen and I would be happy.

I hear nice things about Foster and it seems like the trendy thing to have the Jets picking a RB which makes sense at the moment with Jones being 31 by 2009.
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Not bad. Nice pick for Baltimore.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I like the order.

It is not like the others whicha re almost always the same.

Also agree that Packers wont go as far as last year.

Rodgers will take us to the Super Bowl jsut not this year.

Also love your reasoning for the Oakland Pick

Comment

Ummm I'm pretty sure the Vikings won't be worse than they were last year. Berrian, Allen, Williams and you think we will be worse? Even if we were picking there that would be a horrible pick...Painter is not a top 15 pick let alone first round.

Comment

Steelers are waaaaaaaaay better than 16

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                      does it matter, he has the saints winning the super bowl.
                      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

If KC is picking that high(I think they will) that will more than likely mean Croyle sucked. So that in turn would mean we need a QB not a DE. I like the player just not the position

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                          If the Steelers can win with that tough schedule and that offensive line, then all I know about the NFL is a sham.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
                            If KC is picking that high(I think they will) that will more than likely mean Croyle sucked. So that in turn would mean we need a QB not a DE. I like the player just not the position
                            Yes, I thought about that for a long time. But from where we're at right now, it doesn't make sense to take Curtis Painter or Matt Stafford #4. They can always trade back into the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                              Yes, I thought about that for a long time. But from where we're at right now, it doesn't make sense to take Curtis Painter or Matt Stafford #4. They can always trade back into the first round.
                              Sam Bradford? I would say Tebow but I know you hate him

Comment

Working...
                              X