X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati Bengals Sue Blogger

They deleted the page so I thought I'd post it here:

Originally Posted by StripeHyper
    Well, this will be my last posting to this board, and to my blog. The Bengals, who won't acknowledge bloggers as a legitimate news source and have denied every request by any blogger for media credentials, has threatened to sue stripehype.com for using "copyrighted material". They claim using pictures of players with their Bengals jersey in our header was infringement of their copyright. However, in the properties of the image, we indicate that where appropriate, all rights reserved by the Cincinnati Bengals, or gave credit to websites where PUBLIC DOMAIN images were used.

We were also giving away an autographed Ben Utecht Jersey on June 1st. However, since the promotion said "Win a Cincinnati Bengals Ben Utecht Autographed Jersey" we were told we were infringing upon the name "Cincinnati Bengals". A privately bought jersey, autographed by a player on his own time, was copyright infringement. I guess if you sell something on EBAY that says Cincinnati Bengals, you better watch out.

Bloggers aren't legitimate media outlets, but using the words Cincinnati Bengals to describe a jersey is a legitimate target for the threat of a lawsuit. Funny thing is, we've been in touch with Media Director Jack Brennan off and on for three months, having asked for his input on the site, asking for any comments, and yet his only reply that was that the Bengals did not grant media credentials to bloggers. I will state, however, in Mr. Brennan's defense, he did offer to be a reference for me when I contacted player's representation looking for interviews. I do appreciate that. I did send Mr Brennan an email this morning that was harsh, and he was a gentleman in his response. He states that the PR dept has nothing to do with the legal department, in which I agree. However, I don't agree that the Bengals have a one voice policy, as Marvin Lewis states. The PR department has a voice of "bloggers aren't really that important to us" and the legal department has a voice that says "we want your money, we'll threaten you, the small independent blogger and try to scare you".

For the record, fansided.com owns the site stripehype.com. I was a volunteer fan blogger. They took down the images and otherstuff as quickly as they received the letter, without attempting to defend the use of the imagery. Had I truly had full technical control, that stuff would still be up and the Bengals could spend all the time they wanted trying to sue.

Good luck supporting a team that had a lousy draft (watch the videos of rookie camp and see ole fatboy in the 99 costume go through drills, and tell me they picked a solid player. (He put forth NO effort in drills, when compared to his fellow teammates). Ya'll keep swallowing the Koolaide they're giving ya. I'm gonna go root for a team that actually tries to get better, makes solid free agent deals, and drafts like they want to win.

Go Browns!
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

LOL How pathetic is that?
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

That's ridiculous.

Do the Bengals really have nothing better to do than this crap?
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I have been telling you all they are a pothetic organization. I love saying I Told You So!

HEHE.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

*Pathetic.

And yes, yes they are. Very much so. I think the Walterfootball forums should perform a hostile takeover of their front office.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

LOL The sad thing is, we'd be able to get them into the playoffs before they could.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I talked to the owner of Stripe Hype (not the blogger) and he wants to let everyone know that he took down that post because the blogger didn't call him back or read the lawsuit letter first. He didn't want to censor anything.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Muahahahahaha our Front Office Strikes again!!!!!
                Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  LOL The sad thing is, we'd be able to get them into the playoffs before they could.
                  There is no doubt in my mind we could, Walt. No doubt at all.
                  - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Can you imagine when the redskins front office gets a call from us..."somebody from walterfootball.com is calling to talk to mr snyder about a chad johnson trade, seems they have taken over the front office" We wouldnt be able to do anything because nobody would take us seriously
                    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
                      Can you imagine when the redskins front office gets a call from us..."somebody from walterfootball.com is calling to talk to mr snyder about a chad johnson trade, seems they have taken over the front office" We wouldnt be able to do anything because nobody would take us seriously
                      They wouldn't take us seriously at first, but they'd learn to fear us after we win our first super bowl two years after taking over a franchise.
                      - Also known as Dan.

Comment

that's a well run franchise.

Comment

It'd be awesome. We could hear John Clayton arguing if we're effective front office or not. We could watch Kiper's brain melt as he has to learn an entirely new way to draft (Thanks McGuire heading up our scouting and drafting department). We could watch Todd McShay finally get told straight up that he has no idea how to scout and that he's a talentless hack!
                          - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                            It'd be awesome. We could hear John Clayton arguing if we're effective front office or not. We could watch Kiper's brain melt as he has to learn an entirely new way to draft (Thanks McGuire heading up our scouting and drafting department). We could watch Todd McShay finally get told straight up that he has no idea how to scout and that he's a talentless hack!
                            If were having Matt in charge of scouting, does that mean were trading Carson Palmer for Andre Woodson?? We need a seperate GM. All well have is Kentucky players, thats not good. Couch coming out of retirement. Maybe the Giants would throw in Lorenzen in the woodson/palmer deal. I am going to puke in my mouth...

Also then, no rosenhaus clients, gotta fix our public image.
                            Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

The Bengals are an embarrassment to the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X