Curtis Painter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Painter

Now Im watching the 2007 Motor City Bowl Purdue vs C. Michigan. I noticed a few things about Purdue Quarterback Curtis Painter.

1) Good Accuracy- Painter is hitting a lot of throws accurately both long and short. He is hitting both difficult and easy passes.

2) Strong Arm- Painter has shown a strong arm throwing at least one thirty yard pass on the mark.

3) Pretty nice footwork for barely being under center.

4) Has a nice delivery. Gets rid of the ball quickly

5) Nice pocket awareness.

6) He keys on one reciever too often. Even when he looks off he comes back to his #1 Option too often.

7) He is never under center. Can he take a snap? the two times I saw him under center he fumpled once.

Is that accurate or is it just me?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

It's not hard to be accurate and everything you posted above against Central Michigan.

Although, IMO he's the number 1 QB.

Comment

But it is easier to have pocket awareness, accuracy, read defenses and pass pros in a shotgun spread against poor competition, which is what Purdue faced.

He's got a solid arm, but I wouldn't call it "strong" (my definition of strong is fairly high because this is the NFL....many dumb ppl think Brennan, Brohm, Dixon, and Josh Johnson had "strong arms).

I think he will be a 2nd-3rd round draft pick and just fits the mold as that 2nd tier QB. Has many good tools, nothing elite, and has some things he needs to work on.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Painter seems to me like he's fairly good everywhere. Fairly strong arm, fairly accurate, etc, etc. My beef is that he doesn't stand out anywhere.

I agree with Matt's assessment. I think he could be a late 2nd, early 3rd round QB to a team that is looking to groom a replacement for an aging starter. Seattle comes to mind.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
          Painter seems to me like he's fairly good everywhere. Fairly strong arm, fairly accurate, etc, etc. My beef is that he doesn't stand out anywhere.

I agree with Matt's assessment. I think he could be a late 2nd, early 3rd round QB to a team that is looking to groom a replacement for an aging starter. Seattle comes to mind.
          Seattle would be a great place for him. I have questions about him, but his problems certainly could be sorted out.

Comment

He has a lot to work on. That is the first game I actually watched him exclusively and overall other than accuracy I wasnt impressed much because of the shotgun which he stayed back in the entire game. That offense will kill anyone's stock. If it will hurt the stock of Tim Tebow because they dont learn what they need to know to be an NFL Quarterback it will plummet Painter.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              He has a lot to work on. That is the first game I actually watched him exclusively and overall other than accuracy I wasnt impressed much because of the shotgun which he stayed back in the entire game. That offense will kill anyone's stock. If it will hurt the stock of Tim Tebow because they dont learn what they need to know to be an NFL Quarterback it will plummet Painter.
              I agree, but I think he has the raw physical tools to be a quality starter. He cannot step in his rookie season, but that's precisely why I think a team who can afford to spend the year or two to train him would be well served to draft him.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

he flops under any kind of pressure even if its not much he will get an incomplete pass or INT

Comment

I like the potential this guy has and I look for him to have a nice year.

Comment

Of course he will have a nice year. You play in the spread and have a bad year and you will really suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                      Joe Flacco’s stock was not hurt and he played in an offense that is in the shot gun most of the time too.
                      Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

I saw three games of Flacco's and he was under center some, took snaps well, and looked comfertable in that pocket. Painter is rarely under center and can barely handle a snap. BIG difference.

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
                          Joe Flacco’s stock was not hurt and he played in an offense that is in the shot gun most of the time too.
                          Neither was Alex Smith's. Look what happened to him.

Comment

Working...
                          X