Strahan to Seriously Retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strahan to Seriously Retire?

ESPN's John Clayton reports Michael Strahan is "60-40" to retire before training camp in late July.

"Clayton says Strahan "looks and sounds like" he'll call it quits. Osi Umenyiora expressed a similar sentiment late last month and Antonio Pierce echoed the feeling Tuesday. Clayton says Strahan doesn't want to go to training camp, but coach Tom Coughlin won't give him a pass from summer work."

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...2=stateChanged

Poll above.

I say yes because he will be going out on top and who doesn't want that?
    Yes
    61.90%
    No
    19.05%
    I hate you why is there a poll for this?
    19.05%
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

They interviewed Strahan at the Derby and they asked him about it and it sounded like he was leaning towards retiring. I heard Pierce on the radio and he sounded pretty confident he would retire, but as AP said, money talks.

Comment

He needs to retire, he is not worth his contract anymore. I think its also dumb when players decide this after the draft. Teams show loyalty to players, the players should give them the decency to let them know earlier so they can plan thier roster.
      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
        He needs to retire, he is not worth his contract anymore. I think its also dumb when players decide this after the draft. Teams show loyalty to players, the players should give them the decency to let them know earlier so they can plan thier roster.
        he's only making like 4 mil next year. I'll give him 4 mil to come play for us.
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Strahan still had a 10 sack season. He's veteran leadership and teams are scared to hell and back of trying to defend against him.

They do however, seem prepared to move on without him. Kiwanuka moves up to DE, and they have Tuck in rotation with Umeniyora and Kiwanuka. Kehl steps in at SAM, and it's very possible that Jonathon Goff was drafted to play the WILL.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Strahan is like Favre. Who knows what these guys will do until they do it. Favre FINALLY after 3 years pulled the trigger after a great season. Strahan very well may retire.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
              he's only making like 4 mil next year. I'll give him 4 mil to come play for us.
              Ill take Wale/Brown/Anderson over him at this point in his career anyday. besides, favre isnt there anymore to lay down for sacks for him... Maybe favre will find some way to gimmick him into the hall too.

Players that do this just want the attention and for teams to beg for them to come back. True, the Giants are pretty well prepared to lose him, so he should step aside.

Comment

I would want to try and repeat as Champs before I retired, but if he doesn't think it's possible then I'd leave now.

Comment

Going out on top is overrated unless your a QB. Thats only because that is what people are remembered by. I would play as long as it is fun, and I can play to a high level. It sucks when great players go out with a whimper b/c they stayed a few years too long..i.e. Emmit, Steve Young and if Favre would have retired 2 years ago.

Comment

whoa... in the age of non-guaranteed contracts and cap casualties... teams do not show loyalty to players. it is strahan's life, he can take as much time as he wants to decide.
                    NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

I heard Amani Toomer say that Strahan "Absolutely, Positively will play this season." Also, Strahan just got killed in his divorce. He needs the cash, and if he can earn another $4M for playing this season, he will. Basically, last season, he skipped training camp, and had his best, healthiest season in years. At this point in his career, he knows what is best for his body, so if he wants to sit out until the 4th Preseason Game then come in to record another 10 sacks, why not?

Comment

Ill take Wale/Brown/Anderson over him at this point in his career anyday. besides, favre isnt there anymore to lay down for sacks for him... Maybe favre will find some way to gimmick him into the hall too.

Players that do this just want the attention and for teams to beg for them to come back. True, the Giants are pretty well prepared to lose him, so he should step aside.
                        Strahan is much better than anyone we have. I love Ogun but Strahan is a HOFer and still has game.
                        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Borderline HOFer, at best. His pissy attitude detracts from the team, we couldnt handle him and benson on the same roster. Now gould is crying for a new contract, hes a ****ing kicker!!

Comment

I think he retires unless Coughlin eases up on training camp requirements.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Yes. Coughlin is a biatch and Strahan is run down.

Comment

Working...
                              X