Your Sleeper for 09 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Sleeper for 09 Draft

Who is your guys sleeper for the 09 draft?

Mine is obviously....

#40 Scott Mckillop, LB, PITT
    6-2, 240, 4.58 40

151 Tackles, 9.0 TFL, 3.0 Sacks, 1 INT,7 BrUps, 2 FF

Leading tackler in the NATION, Lott trophey watch list, Pre-season all american, not on almost any LBer rankings,

LaDarius Webb, DB, Nicholls State (5'11" 205)

I actually saw him play against Nevada last year and he was by far the best player on the field. He was all over the field on defense, and they actually used him on offense also. He was a Buck Buchanan award finalist(best defensive player in D-1 AA)

He is 09's DRC...
    Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 05-07-2008, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Quote from his wikipedia page...

"Webb transferred to Nicholls State University in the spring of 2007. In his first ever game with the Colonels, the defensive back recorded three interceptions against Rice University, one of which he returned for a touchdown. Later in the season, the coaching staff for Nicholls made the decision to let Webb play quarterback as well as defensive back. In his first start as a quarterback against Azusa Pacific University, Webb rushed for 120 yards on eight carries and scored one touchdown. Following the end of the season, Webb was named an AP 1st team All-American and finished 10th out of 28 finalist for the honorable Buck Buchanan Award presented in FCS football."

Comment

My sleeper is currently #41 on my Big Board. OLB Jared Brock, West Texas A&M. The Numbers (11 Sacks) dont lie.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Maurice Crum

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            Maurice Crum
            Crum will be good. Nice pick.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I hate to say it, but if he declares, ASU's Chris McGaha could be a sleeper at WR. Great hands, reliable in the clutch, dependable chain mover. I question his intelligence (I mean, he DID choose ASU), but meh.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                I hate to say it, but if he declares, ASU's Chris McGaha could be a sleeper at WR. Great hands, reliable in the clutch, dependable chain mover. I question his intelligence (I mean, he DID choose ASU), but meh.
                Mike Jones is the sleeper WR you should be looking at from ASU.

Comment

I saw a few ASU games, and Jones never stuck out to me. Sorry.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I think my sleepers are Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon & Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky.

Johnson is the most physically gifted linebacker in the country...I have no problem including Maualuga in that convo...but Johnson must step up and be "the guy" on his defense.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      I think my sleepers are Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon & Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky.

Johnson is the most physically gifted linebacker in the country...I have no problem including Maualuga in that convo...but Johnson must step up and be "the guy" on his defense.
                      Really Matt, a Kentucky player? Imagine that.
                      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Well, I was going to say Nate Ness, but this year's safety class is exceptionally strong.
                        - Also known as Dan.

Comment

He was ranked as a top ten player in the country as a recruit...no scrub athlete we are talking about here. ESPN ranked him as the #1 ILB and #10 player overall in the 2006 recruiting class.

6'3, 255, runs a 4.6 flat. Beast athlete and has a ripped body. Needs to improve instincts, but it will come with more experience.

Comment

Is Micah Johnson the same guy they used at FB to score a TD a couple years ago? I think I remember the announcers raving about his athletic ability...

Comment

Yeah that was him...but he played ILB full time last year and played really well when he was in...his sideline to sideline range is sick for a guy his size.

Like I said, he just needs more experience and Brooks needs to bench Braxton Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                              X