More Draft E-mail Bag: Two More Viking Fans Frustrated that I Hate T-Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
    Jebus! First you try and compare Jackson to Manning, now Steve Young. What next, Jackson a first-ballot HOFer?
    You guys are smearing what I'm saying in the name of comparison. For the last time I don't think Jackson will be anything great. But since he looked as bad in his first year starting as a lot of GREAT quarterbacks did I don't think it's fair to say he can't even be a game manager. Stop the "you're comparing Jackson to Manning" thing because it is ludicrous. Look at the context of what I'm saying before you post that kind of gibberish.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
      You guys are smearing what I'm saying in the name of comparison. For the last time I don't think Jackson will be anything great. But since he looked as bad in his first year starting as a lot of GREAT quarterbacks did I don't think it's fair to say he can't even be a game manager. Stop the "you're comparing Jackson to Manning" thing because it is ludicrous. Look at the context of what I'm saying before you post that kind of gibberish.
      There's little context to what you're saying. All you're doing is grabbing the worst numbers from some really good QBs. Try looking at numbers of some crappy QBs and some busts. Tim Couch threw 13 INTs in his first season. Damn, that means he must be better than Peyton Manning because he threw 29. Ryan Leaf threw 15 INTs in the same rookie season that Manning threw 29. He must be better. We can ignore the stats we don't like, e.g. Leaf only played 10 games that year, and only threw 2 TDs.

Don't talk to me about context when you're just nitpicking good players numbers.

Matt's right. You can't judge QBs on their stats (see T. Chang, C. Brennan). I might not have the best eye in the world but even I can see that Jackson doesn't throw well, doesn't read the play well, doesn't play well. It's how he plays that means he's bad, his numbers are irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
        There's little context to what you're saying. All you're doing is grabbing the worst numbers from some really good QBs. Try looking at numbers of some crappy QBs and some busts. Tim Couch threw 13 INTs in his first season. Damn, that means he must be better than Peyton Manning because he threw 29. Ryan Leaf threw 15 INTs in the same rookie season that Manning threw 29. He must be better. We can ignore the stats we don't like, e.g. Leaf only played 10 games that year, and only threw 2 TDs.

Don't talk to me about context when you're just nitpicking good players numbers.

Matt's right. You can't judge QBs on their stats (see T. Chang, C. Brennan). I might not have the best eye in the world but even I can see that Jackson doesn't throw well, doesn't read the play well, doesn't play well. It's how he plays that means he's bad, his numbers are irrelevant.
        It is all about context because I'm not defending Jackson and that is what you are missing. Well I guess I am in a way. But I really don't know how he'll turn out. I'm guessing bad but I'm saying it's not fair to make that assumption YET. Thus, the numbers from great QBs and their first years. Also, the back half of Tarvaris's season was better than the first half so it isn't like he didn't show any improvement.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
          It is all about context because I'm not defending Jackson and that is what you are missing. Well I guess I am in a way. But I really don't know how he'll turn out. I'm guessing bad but I'm saying it's not fair to make that assumption YET. Thus, the numbers from great QBs and their first years. Also, the back half of Tarvaris's season was better than the first half so it isn't like he didn't show any improvement.
          I see what you're saying.

Myself and Matt (though it's hard to know exactly what he's thinking) are more saying that we don't like him because of what we've seen of his play. Numbers can be misleading.

Remember that stat everyone was throwing around about the Pats late last season saying they had the xth best run defense (might have been 4th or 2nd at one stage). Well that was because they got up such a big lead on so many teams that they had to throw it around. Then we had Baltimore (I think) run it all over NE, making the ageing LBers look dog slow.

Just be careful using numbers to try and make your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
            Sorry, but T-Jack is just a bad nickname period. To me, it sounds like a breakfast deal at Denny's where I get a steak, hashbrowns, eggs, and all of it is covered in cheese.

But I'm weird like that.

On topic, Tavaris Jackson could be a decent starter if given two years to learn the ropes. The Vikings cannot wait two years for him to catch up with the rest of the team. If they have any idea as to what they're doing, they'll let JDB step in from day one under orders to only throw when there's 8 guys in the box.
            I love your response about T-Jack. JDB is obviously a superior player, and he better be starting.

Comment

i doubt jdb starts next year. jackson is childress' guy, so he'll be starting if he's healthy

Comment

Steve Young played terrible because he was playing for the god awful Bucs (sorry Matt) not because he had a super bowl calibur team around him and just couldn't get it done.

As for Walter, well I haven't seen a single person complain about your T-Jack Steakhouse evaluation who wasn't a Vikings fan. So sounds like you're dead on, but being attacked by homers.

Comment

I'm just try of the redundancy of the arguement it's about time to stop beating the dead horse.

Originally posted by Matt McGuire
                  Okay so basically, we are supposed to hold off judgement for every QB no matter how bad they look until their 8th season just because of Steve Young's early career stats?
                  Vince Young, Kellen Clemens, Brodie Croyle, Matt Leinart, and Tarvaris Jackson all suck I guess those teams should start looking for pernament replacements A.S.A.P.

Comment

Vince Young has absolutely no WR's to work with. It's so horrible it's funny, really. Tavaris Jackson had a marginally superior WR corps to work with, but not by much. The difference maker is the running game. Lendale White and Chris Henry was not a duo to be feared. Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson made defensive coordinators crap themselves.

I'm not sold on Kellen Clemens or Brodie Croyle. Lemme rephrase that. I hate both of them as QB's.

Matt Leinart hasn't put in a full season of work yet. He was impressive as a rookie, and had a horrible sophomore campaign. I'll let him slide because we haven't seen a full season of work out of him yet.

Tavaris Jackson has the #1 running game. He has defenses putting 8 men in the box. He's putting numbers similar to Vince Young, and he's in a much easier conference. Let's face it. Jackson sucks.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Tarvaris Jackson had nothing to work with at WR it's debatable whos was worse Minnesota, Tennessee and San Francisco had the worst WR corps last year all were just about equally as terrible.

As for Vince Young's running game it may not of had 1 guy that you would be scared of but it was the 5th ranked Running game in the league so it shouldn't be taken lighlty. I can't comment on how stacked the boxes were against young since I didn't watch his games but I'm sure they were more afraid of the running attack that torched a defense such as the Jaguars more than they were afraid of a crappy young QB with horrid WR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
                        As for Vince Young's running game it may not of had 1 guy that you would be scared of but it was the 5th ranked Running game in the league so it shouldn't be taken lighlty. I can't comment on how stacked the boxes were against young since I didn't watch his games but I'm sure they were more afraid of the running attack that torched a defense such as the Jaguars more than they were afraid of a crappy young QB with horrid WR's.
                        Tennessee's running game was ranked so high because Vince Young ran the ball. Their leading rusher was a fat ******* who averaged 3.7 yards per carry. No one was scared of LenWhale White and Chris Brown (whose production came entirely in Week 1)
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Vince Young only had 395 Yards. They Run Offense was ranked that high because they had the most rushing attempts of any team in the NFL. Which would only support people stacking the boxes against them a lot since they ran so damn much.

Comment

Do Vikings fans not realize that potential doesnt win in the NFL? or that Jackson doesnt really have much potential to begin with??

This should about sum it up. There are a handfull of BACKUP QB's in this league that could start for the ViQueens and take them to the super bowl.

Kerry Collins
                            Brian Brohm/Aaron Rogers (whomever loses, probably Brohm)
                            Sage Rosenfells
                            Billy Volek
                            Kurt Warner/ Matt Leinhart (whomever loses, probably Leinart)
                            John David Booty ( currently on the roster, morons running the team)

hell, even Grossman can throw against 9 man fronts.

Jackson is terrible, these fans know that he will hold them back, they just dont want to throw thier season away.

I am glad to see that the MN grade schools have progressed the point where Viking fans can now type and read and use the internet though.
                            Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

"jackson doesn't have that much potential to begin with"

wow.... guy's got a cannon, is built like an ox, has got extremely good mobility and he "doesn't have that much potential". just wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
                                Do Vikings fans not realize that potential doesnt win in the NFL? or that Jackson doesnt really have much potential to begin with??
                                No crap, potential doesn't win games potential has to play in games to be developed. Did you really just say jackson doesn't have much potential? thats just dumb out of the 06 class he has the highest ceiling outside of Vince Young and Jay Cutler, He has the lowest floor though.

Originally posted by Dumsteroo
                                This should about sum it up. There are a handfull of BACKUP QB's in this league that could start for the ViQueens and take them to the super bowl.

Kerry Collins
                                Brian Brohm/Aaron Rogers (whomever loses, probably Brohm)
                                Sage Rosenfells
                                Billy Volek
                                Kurt Warner/ Matt Leinhart (whomever loses, probably Leinart)
                                John David Booty ( currently on the roster, morons running the team)
                                Lets examine this list...

Kerry Collins-Very Washed up but maybe.

Aaron Rodgers- Nope no first year starter is very likely to take any team to the super bowl

Brian Borhm-nope no rookie is very likely to take any team to the super bowl

Sage Rosenfels-nope dude isn't much better than Jackson

Billy Volek-maybe slight possibility

Kurt Warner-Hell yea he could

Matt Leinart-Nope he's just another crappy young QB

John David Booty-Nope no rookie is likely to take any team to the Super Bowl especially one that isn't even garunteed to be on the roster after training camp

Originally posted by Dumersteroo
                                hell, even Grossman can throw against 9 man fronts.
                                Hell Rex is also good at fumbling snaps, throwing picks, getting injured, and getting benched twice in 1 season for Brian Griese and Kyle Orton.

Comment

Working...
                                X