Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
    "jackson doesn't have that much potential to begin with"

wow.... guy's got a cannon, is built like an ox, has got extremely good mobility and he "doesn't have that much potential". just wow...
    Thats like having a sweet car with no engine. The kid is just a moron and cant make good decisions. I question his accuracy as well.

Plenty of guys with big arms and 'built like an ox' (not sure how a 4 legged creature can throw, but well see) have come and gone in the NFL without leaving more than a skid mark.
    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
      No crap, potential doesn't win games potential has to play in games to be developed. Did you really just say jackson doesn't have much potential? thats just dumb out of the 06 class he has the highest ceiling outside of Vince Young and Jay Cutler, He has the lowest floor though.

Lets examine this list...

Kerry Collins-Very Washed up but maybe.

Aaron Rodgers- Nope no first year starter is very likely to take any team to the super bowl

Brian Borhm-nope no rookie is very likely to take any team to the super bowl -wouldnt take much to get this vikings team there.

Sage Rosenfels-nope dude isn't much better than Jackson really? moron.

Billy Volek-maybe slight possibility - would dominate

Kurt Warner-Hell yea he could

Matt Leinart-Nope he's just another crappy young QB like jackson, except with slightly better decision making ability

John David Booty-Nope no rookie is likely to take any team to the Super Bowl especially one that isn't even garunteed to be on the roster after training camp

Hell Rex is also good at fumbling snaps, throwing picks, getting injured, and getting benched twice in 1 season for Brian Griese and Kyle Orton.
      Thanks for reminding me, Greise and Orton could have a better chance of taking the Viks to the big game too. The list just keeps growing. Half the posters on this site could probably QB this team better than Jackson.

As for the lowest floor, you are correct, the highest ceiling?? are you ****ing kidding? you cant possibly tell me that a pure passer like Lienhard or cutler wouldnt destroy 9 man fronts?? An elite pass blocking line, elite running game, elite defense. Those guys could sit back there all day and throw for 300+. and when a defense had to be honest, that running game would dominate. Look at it without your purple shaded glasses on once.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
        Thanks for reminding me, Greise and Orton could have a better chance of taking the Viks to the big game too. The list just keeps growing. Half the posters on this site could probably QB this team better than Jackson.
        Griese maybe if he doesn't play like he did last year
        Kyle Orton hell no he is a worse QB than Jackson.

Originally posted by Drumsteroo
        As for the lowest floor, you are correct, the highest ceiling?? are you ****ing kidding? you cant possibly tell me that a pure passer like Lienhard or cutler wouldnt destroy 9 man fronts??
        If you read I said outside of Jay Cutler an Vince Young he has the highest Ceiling. I like Jay Cutler he is the QB I wanted in 06 he would have lead the Vikes to the playoffs last year. Leinart on the other hand has limited mobility and a chad pennington like arm(although that wouldn't be such a big deal in the WCO) Also Leinart couldn't put up good numbers over a season with the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin what makes it a sure thing he would be great on the Vikings team last year? nothing.

Originally posted by Drumsteroo
        An elite pass blocking line, elite running game, elite defense. Those guys could sit back there all day and throw for 300+. and when a defense had to be honest, that running game would dominate. Look at it without your purple shaded glasses on once.
        Stop being throwing the Elite word around the pass blocking was no where near elite, neither was the overall defense elite last year. The Running game dominated when defenses weren't honest because they never played the Vikings honest.

Comment

Griese maybe if he doesn't play like he did last year
          Kyle Orton hell no he is a worse QB than Jackson.

If you read I said outside of Jay Cutler an Vince Young he has the highest Ceiling. I like Jay Cutler he is the QB I wanted in 06 he would have lead the Vikes to the playoffs last year. Leinart on the other hand has limited mobility and a chad pennington like arm(although that wouldn't be such a big deal in the WCO) Also Leinart couldn't put up good numbers over a season with the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin what makes it a sure thing he would be great on the Vikings team last year? nothing.

Because he had a crappy running game and a poor offensive line

Stop being throwing the Elite word around the pass blocking was no where near elite, neither was the overall defense elite last year. The Running game dominated when defenses weren't honest because they never played the Vikings honest.

Ok, elite run blocking (top 5 in the league) and above average pass blocking. The dominant running game prevents defenses from selling out to stop the pass, limits the pass rush, so the line performs better ( it is a team game). Drew Bledsoe (have you called him yet?) could keep his jersey clean all day on this team.

Comment

Stop being throwing the Elite word around the pass blocking was no where near elite, neither was the overall defense elite last year.
            The Vikings defense was elite last year, and if you don't recognize that, than I question whether you watched any games at all. They were the strength of the team last year in spite of regularly being put in bad situations by the offense. I know, people keep quoting that stupid stat about passing yards allowed, that that stat is not meaningful in any way at all. It's been proven to be meaningless so many times that point has been beaten to death.
            sigpic
            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
              The Vikings defense was elite last year, and if you don't recognize that, than I question whether you watched any games at all. They were the strength of the team last year in spite of regularly being put in bad situations by the offense. I know, people keep quoting that stupid stat about passing yards allowed, that that stat is not meaningful in any way at all. It's been proven to be meaningless so many times that point has been beaten to death.
              agreed,

The passing numbers were skewed because nobody could run, and when teams get down, they throw more. Similar to why NE had a top ranked rush defense. You have to go by pts allowed, period. The vikes were on the verge of elite D last year, and with allen they should be super bowl caliber if everyone stays healthy.

Comment

The vikings defense was not Elite last year I watched every game I know. I'm tired of the Elite word being thrown around so easily. The Run Defense was elite but the pass defense was far from elite. You are correct the stat for passing yards aloud is meaningless. The Pass defense wasn't the worst in the league but it was still bad. The Defensive line couldn't consistently pressure the QB, they had mediocre safety play from Dwight Smith, and on top of that they had young CB's getting most of the playing time.

Comment

Vince Young only had 395 Yards. They Run Offense was ranked that high because they had the most rushing attempts of any team in the NFL. Which would only support people stacking the boxes against them a lot since they ran so damn much.
                  Take away those 395 yards and they'd be ranked 17th intead of fifth.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

True that puts them down with the likes of the Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens, and Indianapolis Colts all very good running teams. The only point was the Titans don't have the flash but they are still a good running team.

Comment

LEAVE TARVARIS JACKSON ALONE!!!!

for those of you that don't know this is the queer that made this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Comment

True that puts them down with the likes of the Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens, and Indianapolis Colts all very good running teams. The only point was the Titans don't have the flash but they are still a good running team.
                        They aren't any better than an average running team IMO.
                        sigpic
                        WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                        PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                        NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                        Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                        Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                        MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                        PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                        Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                        Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                        ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                        Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                        TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                        InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                        Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                        EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                        EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                        Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                        BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                        Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

They aren't any better than an average running team IMO.
                          Who the Titans or the Colts, Cowboys, and Ravens?

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post

LEAVE TARVARIS JACKSON ALONE!!!!

for those of you that don't know this is the queer that made this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
                            You may want to watch the sexual slurs, you live in a state where all the women look like men, who knows who youve slept with.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                              He's putting numbers similar to Vince Young, and he's in a much easier conference.
                              Yeah the Packers and Bears have horrible defenses. =|

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Kyle Orton is 12 and some thing as a starter does that make him a good QB

Hell No!

Comment

Working...
                                X