Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 DE Updates

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009DE.php

I don't see Jeremy Jarmon committing...this is a VERY STRONG DE class which is rare.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

This is a strong DE class, but so was the '08 one, and Gholston, Campbell, Harvey, etc still declared.

Comment

Tyson Jackson>Michael Johnson

Also I think Tyson Jackson is the best pure DE in this class

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post

Amen. Johnson has gone up your board for no real reason, but I don't see him as a 4-3 DE.

Comment

thank you brotha...preach it

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post

I don't consider him a true DE. He'll be a 3-4 5tech or a 4-3 UT.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
              This is a strong DE class, but so was the '08 one, and Gholston, Campbell, Harvey, etc still declared.
              I couldn't disagree more.

We only had 4 solid DEs in Long, Gholston, Harvey, and Jackson (all-around good but not great).

It was a very shallow DE class, but with some good talent in the first round. The 2009 class is looking much deeper with still great talent in the first round.

Comment

I can't see any of the prospects being as highly rated as Chris Long and Vernon Gholston, though. Much deeper class, but I don't think it'll be as strong up top.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Elite talent is a very poor way to look at an entire draft class. I HATE how people just look at the top ten or just the first round and evaluate a draft class.

I'm not saying you do it, blaze, but most do...and it is wrong.
                  Last edited by Matt McGuire; 05-09-2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Elite talent is a very poor way to look at an entire draft class. I HATE how people just look at the top ten or just the first round and evaluate a draft class.

I'm not saying you do it, blaze, but must do...and it is wrong.
                    As long as we're clear that I did not judge the 2009 class to be weaker than the 2008 class, fine. =P

Honestly, I haven't looked at the 2009 DE's enough.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I didn't say the 09 class is weaker. However, it is true that none of them are as good as Long/Gholston.

Comment

49ers fan, i gotta say that you're exactly right in ur sig quote. lol

Comment

Yeah, everyone loves that quote.

Comment

I think DE Mitch King - Iowa is underrated and he could be a major sleeper candidate for the 2009 draft simply because Iowa's talent on defense was gutted in the 2008 draft, having lost a total of 4 defensive stars to the NFL. Now the Big Ten teams can focus all of their efforts on stopping Mitch King.
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

The only thing I've seen from Johnson to date is kick-blocking ability.
                              Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
                              Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
                              Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
                              Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
                              Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
                              Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
                              Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
                              Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

Working...