Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Haefner's NFL Cap Casualty Cuts

http://walterfootball.com/gregcuts.php

A little harsh on Buckhalter but he has been a disappointment with all his injuries.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Just being a homer here but I totally agree with the Daniel Graham choice for the Broncos. The stats (even in 2006) show that Cutler likes throwing to Scheffler, so why throw away so much money on what is essentially your #2 TE?

Comment

we just gave diggs a three year extension, he's not going anywhere

Comment

for the giants, i think mcquarters is a much more likely cut than madison.
        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
          for the giants, i think mcquarters is a much more likely cut than madison.
          I would have to say that they will both be cut. Also, there is no name for the Bills, although the writeup tells us who it is.

Comment

I have to agree with Greg on the Youboty cut. Because of our success in drafting Ohio State corners, I think Youboty came into the Bills with maybe a little bit higher expectations than you would normally put on a third rounder. Nevertheless, he has done nothing to show that he is worthy of putting on the field, and Buffalo's drafting of McKelvin, Reggie Corner (another third round CB that they LOVE) and Kennard Cox pretty much puts the writing on the wall for Ashton.

They keep:
            Leodis McKelvin
            Terrence McGee
            Jabari Greer
            Will James
            Reggie Corner
            Cox/Dustin Fox (this is only if they decide to keep 6 CB's because one of them is a good special teamer, which Youboty is not.)
            If It's Fair...It's Gone...
            My blog.
            Updated 5/13: Added top 50 WR to RB and QB Rankings. Top 100 overall board to come soon.

Comment

For the Lions is dont see Wilson getting cut. They will keep 5 corners, Bodden, Kelly, Travis Fisher, Keith Smith and Wilson.

Wilson was given every opportunity to sign elsewhere, He was a RFA and the lions offered him minimal contract. I am pretty sure there was no compensation involved if signed by another team. And he didn't get a whiff of interest, so there is no reason for him to push for a release or trade. Wilson is going to have to give it his all to prove he is worth something to the Lions or someone else or he is likely out of football after this year.

The more obvious cut will be at the runningback position, where sadly the Lions have all but guarenteed rookie 3rd round pick Kevin Smith the starting job. They also have Tatum Bell, Aveion Cason, Artose Pinner and Brian Calhoun under contract.

Two will be off the team by week 1, most likely Cason (he always gets cut and stays around Detroit as an emergency option) and Cahoun, a former 3rd round pic khimself, who's spent almost all of his first 2 seasons in IR. Unless Calhoun can stay healthy and prove his worht as a kick returner, he has the farthest shot fof making the team.

Comment

I was far from a fan of the Brian Russell signing, but Russell outplayed Deon Grant last year. He played better than Hamlin, Boulware, and Babineaux did in previous years. I'm a big Jordan Babineaux fan, and I hope his role is increased, but I don't think his value is in the safety corps. In a division which has re-introduced Mike Martz, and still has the Rams and Cardinals, having a big corner to cover the slot is probably more important than in some other divisions.

The only thing keeping Deion Grant on the roster is his ridiculous cap number. He'll be a Seahawk for this year at least, and likely next year also. I think that a more likely cut would be Marcus Tubbs, who has been injury prone, and is in the last year of his rookie deal.

Also, Rocky Bernard was arrested recently for domestic violence, and Tim Ruskell has shown a tendency to avoid players with any character concerns. Bernard also recently had foot surgery. Cutting Bernard would save the Seahawks over $2M against the cap.

Maurice Morris, who could be the odd man out in the Seahawks runningback by committee, would save the Seahawks about 700k against the cap if he was cut.

The reason I bring this up, is because the Seahawks clearly need help at receiver, probably need a veteran tight end, and could use some depth at tackle and guard.
                www.5qsports.com, get some.
                "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
                -Crash Davis, Bull Durham

Comment

All of those players would be picked up by other teams, some rather quickly. I still think Diggs can be productive.
                  If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                  Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

agreed, a lot of people talk about connor and johnson for us but forget that diggs played very well last season

Comment

Bobby Carp isn't leaving town. They just traded Ayodele, and now Zach Thomas and BCarp are playing weakside 3-4 ILB, or Mo. They're better sideline-to-sideline guys and hopefully Carp can use his speed and coverage abilities better at that spot.
                      Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

Good job Greg but you couldn't be more wrong about Chris Perry being cut by the bengals. This will be the second year he will be healthy coming into camp and the Cincinnati Enquirer came out with an article about the Bengals wanting Perry to be their #1 Back, which is why they didnt draft a running back or sign Shaun Alexander(which would have been a bad move regardless.)
                        Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Diggs is athletic, has a good nose for the ball, and smart. He will makea great addition to a team with an athletic defense.

Another guy that would be a good fit in an athletic offense is Antwan Randle-El. Put him in the slot like he was used in Pittsburgh and he could be one hell of a find for a team like Minnesotta that already has a good #1 and #2 or in San Fransisco where he could be utilized by Martz in the slot.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

joey porter in miami.

And I think the pats might cut victor hobson seeing as he was slow and unproductive in the 3-4 in new york.

Comment

"He hasn't made an effort to get bigger, and he hasn't been able to even crack the nickel spot over guys like Kiwaukee Thomas and Jabari Greer. Something is wrong there. Youboty's days as a Bill are numbered. Mark my words. "

Well once I read that I threw this out thw window. But I do agree Boty better step it up or he will be cut

Comment

Working...
                              X