• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Brown's Horseracing Blog - This Weekend's Selections

http://walterfootball.com/horseracingblog.php

Time to make some $$$$
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I'm taking the #5 horse in Race #5 at Churchill. $2 across the board. Prolly wont pay much.

Comment

Lost money in the 5th race at Churchill. Also lost the Peter Pan Stakes. Let's hope for a better lonestar derby.

Comment

I don't mean to be crude ysu, but to me it just seems like horse racing is to an extent a total crapshoot...well I guess betting on sports is too.

It just seems like racing is much tougher and less profitable.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't dissagree Matt, I still like the sport.

I couldn't have been more wrong in the Peter Pan Stakes, however I called the Lone Star Derby dead on. Weeklong countdown to the Preakness will no begin.

Comment

Oh yeah I love horseracing don't get me wrong (though I don't follow it hardcore like you). Keeneland is awesome...I think horse racing is very classy.

Comment

I have lost all respect for horse racing after that Eight Belles incident.

Comment

Why? So every time a horse stumbles at a pony show we should quit those too?

During the race the horse was fine...the stumble had nothing to do with the race.

Comment

And the Barbaro incident...

Comment

Fair enough IVF.

So what about Kevin Everett? Should we stop football altogehter? Trent Green? Joe Theismann? The list goes on and on. Every sport has injury risks.

At least horses don't have feelings (just kidding).

Comment

I think horseracing's boring, but that's just my personal thought on it.

But I agree with Matt. Every sport has its risks. I'm not sure about the rights of animals (personally, if you will never have the ability to vote, you have no rights), but we still should make active strides to reduce injuries to horses.
                      - Also known as Dan.
                      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Read my 1st blog I submited to Walter. I have my inisght in the problems of horseracing.

There's problems in horse racing no doubt. But what sport doesn't have problems???

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Oh yeah I love horseracing don't get me wrong (though I don't follow it hardcore like you). Keeneland is awesome...I think horse racing is very classy.
                          Can anyone from Kentucky not like horse racing? I know a girl born in Kentucky with the middle name of the horse that won the derby in 86.

Comment

Did you guys ever read "Picking Winners" by Andrew Beyer? It's a very good book.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Never heard of that book.

Comment

Working...
                              X