• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo! Round 1 of Fantasy Mock

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog...=fantasy,79383

What are your all's take on Round 1?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Jamal Lewis CLE, RB – Round 1, Pick 10.

Wow

Comment

Frank Gore #12? I don't know. He wasn't worth a first-rounder at all last year.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Yeah over Ryan Grant...total disrespect.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          Grant's been absolutely electric, but he's only got what, 10-12 games of work to show for it? Though, this logic didn't keep them from drafting Peterson first...

My real issue with Peterson at #1 is that Chester Taylor will still split carries with him, he's going to be running against 8 defenders most of the time, and he's got injury concerns. He's still a top 3.
          Last edited by Blazedestin; 05-10-2008, 11:11 PM.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

No Favre = no good Grant
            Mike Martz = Gore 1800-2000 total yards

Comment

I love AD going #1...I am going to have to bribe my commish with some money to get that pick...lol

I don't like S-Jax going #3...I had him last year and he has pretty much a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Grant has to play the Vikings great run D two times. Those are two gaurenteed weeks with 0pts.

Comment

By similar logic, Peterson will suck because while he can win against 7 in the box, 9 in the box is too many for him.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                    By similar logic, Peterson will suck because while he can win against 7 in the box, 9 in the box is too many for him.
                    There won't be 9 in the box much any more once defenses realize we have an actual deep threat in Bernard Berrian and a much improved QB.

Please don't turn this into another Tarvaris Jackson hate thread.

Comment

Larry Johnson, #7 way too high.

I don't like AD over LT either. I would still take LT if I had the #1 pick this year.

As for some others. I'm not yet sold on Marion Barber, and Jamal Lewis will struggle to have a productive year I think. Westbrook above Jackson. I like "Al" Gore in the 1st round. Probably I'd also take Manning above Brady, but in a draft I'd wait until someone took Brady first to ensure good value. QBs typically don't back up stellar fantasy numbers for a 2nd year in a row and so it may be Manning's turn again to be the number 1 fantasy QB.

Did we decide if/when we're doing a fantasy league?

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                        There won't be 9 in the box much any more once defenses realize we have an actual deep threat in Bernard Berrian and a much improved QB.

Please don't turn this into another Tarvaris Jackson hate thread.
                        I don't see improvement out of Jackson. I don't care. The best thing for Vikings fans is for Jackson to be abducted by aliens for the season opener, and JDB absolutely tears the field up. JDB then wins the starting role.
                        - Also known as Dan.

Comment

I want in on that fantasy league if we are doing one.

Comment

Well the Official WF.com FFL will be reserved for 10 invitiations.

Auto-invites to Walter, myself, Greg, vbsiena, 49ersfan, bills_red, NNC, & starqb.

All of which if you notice are mods or write for the site. That means there are 2 invitations left and I guess we will decide later who gets in the invites. Good luck!

We will obviously have more than one FFL for site users, but that is the AGGRO-league. (why aggro? Like the AGGRO CRAGGG!!!!!)

Comment

I WILL have an article on the site. In December.

Can I get in because of that?
                              - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Working...
                              X