Yahoo! Round 1 of Fantasy Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    This got brought up a lot last year. Adrian Peterson will just simply do more than Marshawn Lynch with 5-10 less carries.
    I disagree with that, in that particular analysis anyway.

Lynch vs. 7 defenders will produce more than Peterson with 8. Defensive coordinators will probably modify their game plans to accommodate for the presence of Peterson. They will with Lynch too, but to a lesser extent. No one wants Peterson to break his own single game rushing record against THEM.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
      I disagree with that, in that particular analysis anyway.

Lynch vs. 7 defenders will produce more than Peterson with 8. Defensive coordinators will probably modify their game plans to accommodate for the presence of Peterson. They will with Lynch too, but to a lesser extent. No one wants Peterson to break his own single game rushing record against THEM.
      I firmly believe that Peterson is more effective against 8 than Lynch is against 7. This is irrelevant though since I am agreeing with you that Peterson's production will dip next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin
        3. Tavaris Jackson's ineptness. I'm sorry, but I'm bringing it up again. The fact remains that teams are not scared of him throwing the ball. If he turns it around, fine. But right now, teams are going to place 8 and 9 men in the box and dare Jackson to win games in the air. Peterson has shown he can't run well when the safety drops into the box.
        When did Peterson show he can’t run well when safety drops into the box? That is just a load of crap, all the weeks leading up to his injury he consistently produced every week against stacked boxes. I assure you that no team feared Tarvaris Jackson more in week 6 than in week 15. Adrian is going to have a good year regardless if Jackson improves or not. However Adrian Peterson could have an absolutely phenomenal year if Jackson does progress.

Originally posted by Blazedestin
        I dunno. Would you rather have Adrian Peterson who will get 15-25 a game, or someone like Marshawn Lynch who will get 25-30 touches per game? Ditto goes for a guy like Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown (In theory), etc, etc.

I love Peterson, but if he doesn't carry the ball, he can't score fantasy points.
        puppy puncher is correct on this Peterson will provide you with more production with his less carries than Marshawn Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
          I picked up Bulger too, but it worked out for the better for me because I dumped him and got Kurt Warner, who was a playoff stud.
          While we're talking last season fantasy regrets. Tony Romo. Stud all season, I was first in my league by a mile before the playoffs, tanks the week of my semis, end-of-season. Damn you Jessica Simpson!

Comment

Seriously, screw Jessica. Just another idiotic pretty face.

Comment

Hey Walter and Matt want to combine with a few other sites and do a mock draft?
              Check out my new site Today!
              Live 4 The Story

Comment

PS its about time Westbrook got some credit. However thats bad because I used to get him very early 2nd round as a steal and no one saw it coming
                Check out my new site Today!
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                X