Kevin Williams or Tommie Harris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Williams or Tommie Harris?

Me and my two supervisors had a debate at work last night on who was the best 4-3 defensive tackle in the nfl. We all agreed that it was between Kevin Williams and Tommie Harris. They are both bears fans so its obvious who they picked. I've thought for the past 2-3 years that Williams was the best 4-3 dt in the league from a non homer point of view. What do you guys think?

I'll have to back my boy Tommie as well! But to tell you the truth I'll take them both haha
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

Probably Kevin Williams because he hasn't been as injured as Tommie Harris. Albert Haynesworth also deserves mention if he can stay consistent.

Comment

*** if they are both healthy***

Tommie Harris. He puts up huge numbers w/ nobody next to him, has to fight through more double teams. Kevin Williams has Pat next door eating blockers. I wouldnt kick either off my team though.
        Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Glenn Dorsey will soon be in the top 3.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Dorsey might take a while to emerge, I think. He'll be the main focus of the defensive line starting on day one. I think he may have a bit of a harder time breaking through double coverage in the NFL. The Chiefs will need for one of their young DE's to emerge as a pass rush threat to help out Dorsey before people start seeing the production out of him.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I think Kevin Williams is far better than Harris. No question about it in my mind. Both are good... but Harris isn't as talented as Williams.

I know Bears fans probably won't agree with me either, but that's not a suprise if you think about it. I mean, a lot of them also insist that Olin Kreutz is as good as Matt Birk... which is a laughable assertion.
              sigpic
              WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
              PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
              NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
              Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
              Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
              MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
              PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
              Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
              Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
              ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
              Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
              TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
              InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
              Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
              EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
              EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
              Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
              BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
              Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

If I had to pick between Smith or Harris, I'd have to say Tommie Harris gets the nod at DT. Statistically, Harris was tied for 17th amongst DL's with 8 Sacks. Of course, the "homie" in me wants to say Bryant Young is/was the best DT/NT in the game. But I hate being a "homer" so I'll say Tommie Harris...currently. Near future, it'll be Glenn Dorsey. Now I know Atlanta needed a QB so they can move past the Michael Vick era, but damn they're going to regret not taking Dorsey when they could've in roughly two years. That includes the Oakland Raiders as well because Dorsey fits their 3/4 system to a tee. Mario Williams has silenced all those who said Houston would regret not taking Reggie Bush (myself included).
                sigpic
                'GRD Vypers' ready to roll in '08!!

Comment

lol you're such a homer.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I too like Haynesworth when healthy even though he's a punk.
                    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      lol you're such a homer.
                      Gee...

...thanks McGuire.
                      sigpic
                      'GRD Vypers' ready to roll in '08!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
                        *** if they are both healthy***

Tommie Harris. He puts up huge numbers w/ nobody next to him, has to fight through more double teams. Kevin Williams has Pat next door eating blockers. I wouldnt kick either off my team though.
                        I firmly believe that the "if both healthy" argument sucks because health should be accounted for.

Comment

Tommie Harris is a special player. He's just too quick of the ball. Really a one of a kind player, but he has suffered with injuries lately. If not for the injuries I'd take Harris for sure, but Williams wins by default.

Comment

Just for the record, Kelly Gregg is the best 3-4 DT

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                              Just for the record, Kelly Gregg is the best 3-4 DT
                              Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork?
                              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                              X