US Government Corruption (NFL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Government Corruption (NFL)

I have long been a firm believer that the United States Government is taking away the rights of the people and individual companies that have no affiliation with it. The government did it with Major League Baseball and their weak leadership and now Darth Specter is trying to do the same to the NFL in Spygate to further his own agenda. The United States Government gets more pothetic daily. If the NFL folds into these bastards like the weak fools leading Major League Baseball did I will be pissed beyond belief.

What do you all think?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

I don't think the NFL thing has anything to do with "the US Government" - it is more like Arlen Specter wants to get votes from Eagles fans.

I do agree that the federal government had a right to step in with baseball because you are talking about a bunch of role models taking illegal drugs... this affects the health of the population.

No senator or anything has any business over defensive signal calling video tapes, it is not affecting the health or well being of the citizens of the US. Specter just wants votes so he can stay on Capitol Hill.
    NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
      I don't think the NFL thing has anything to do with "the US Government" - it is more like Arlen Specter wants to get votes from Eagles fans.

I do agree that the federal government had a right to step in with baseball because you are talking about a bunch of role models taking illegal drugs... this affects the health of the population.

No senator or anything has any business over defensive signal calling video tapes, it is not affecting the health or well being of the citizens of the US. Specter just wants votes so he can stay on Capitol Hill.
      Baseball governs baseball. The US government are just a bunch of punks that want control of everything. They should sit up on Capitol Hill, wollow in their own corruption, love how they break the law and get away with it, act perfect when election time comes, and leave the people, Pro Sports, and the decent people alone.

Besides, if they really cared that the law was broken for illegal drugs they would have jailed every player on that report. So dont tell us how they are protecting their people and making sure justice is served to those who took the illegal drugs because they aren't in jail or even on trial. That argument wont slide.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
        Baseball governs baseball. The US government are just a bunch of punks that want control of everything. They should sit up on Capitol Hill, wollow in their own corruption, love how they break the law and get away with it, act perfect when election time comes, and leave the people, Pro Sports, and the decent people alone.

Besides, if they really cared that the law was broken for illegal drugs they would have jailed every player on that report. So dont tell us how they are protecting their people and making sure justice is served to those who took the illegal drugs because they aren't in jail or even on trial. That argument wont slide.
        I'm not too sure what the US government's track record is here. But I definitely agree that sport should govern sport. When politics get mixed up only bad things seem to happen. Just think of those olympic boycotts a couple of decades ago. Imagine training and training, becoming the best in the world at what you did and then your government told you you couldn't compete because they disagreed with the other government.

Comment

Whenever the US Government does anything it turns out badly.

Comment

Whenever the US Government does anything it turns out badly.
            Truer words have never been spoken. I find it absolutely hilarious that these idiots find it perfectly acceptable to be instituting investigations into something that is for entertainment, but wouldn't dare investigate the CIA destroying tapes of their agents torturing detainess in violation of a court order. Let's not concern ourselves with the fact that we illegitimately invaded another country, have eroded the consitution to the point it is meaningless, and have instituted policies that have screwed every hard working person in the country; WE HAVE TO PUNISH THEM PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING, AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Sadly, we do not execute near enough politicians. I seriously wish we would charge every elected official who supported this war, and the idiotic Bush policies with treason, and then hang them on the whitehouse lawn, with an extra special tree saved for Bush and his cronies. They have successfully run this country into the ground in just 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by shoffma1999 View Post
              Truer words have never been spoken. I find it absolutely hilarious that these idiots find it perfectly acceptable to be instituting investigations into something that is for entertainment, but wouldn't dare investigate the CIA destroying tapes of their agents torturing detainess in violation of a court order. Let's not concern ourselves with the fact that we illegitimately invaded another country, have eroded the consitution to the point it is meaningless, and have instituted policies that have screwed every hard working person in the country; WE HAVE TO PUNISH THEM PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING, AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Sadly, we do not execute near enough politicians. I seriously wish we would charge every elected official who supported this war, and the idiotic Bush policies with treason, and then hang them on the whitehouse lawn, with an extra special tree saved for Bush and his cronies. They have successfully run this country into the ground in just 8 years.
              Could you possibly be a liberal?

Comment

OK, you obviously have some axe to grind with the government. Did the government actually harm your family or are you being "enlightened" by some 'genius" professor at school and talking about "the man" with your pothead friends? I think that is clouding your judgement.

When an issue is a threat to the health and well being of the citizens of a country, the government has an obligation to step in. Superstars using steroids and HGH gives a horrible impression to high school kids that using this **** is OK. It's not... you will get a furrowed brow, man boobs, and your body will break down. It is dangerous stuff. Not to mention the psychological effects aka roid rage. I've played football with guys in both HS and college who used roids... it is not good. The government not only had the right, but the obligation to step in there. Take off your jaded glasses and look at reality.

As far as football, cheating videotapes and whathaveyou, no, Senator Specter is wasting his time and taxpayer $$ investigating that. I believe he is solely doing that to get the votes of Eagles fans in the next election.
                Last edited by yem123; 05-14-2008, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
                  Could you possibly be a liberal?
                  By the amount of misguided, hyperbolic bull**** he is spewing, I'd have to say definitely yes.

Comment

No one complained when the government stepped in to make the Pats vs. Giants game a nationally televised game. I thought it was bull**** that they did that too. The government is definitely getting way too involved in our lives in all forms, not just this.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

The only reason Arlen Specter went after the NFL is because his biggest contributor is Comcast, and we all know Comcast hates the NFL.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
                        OK, you obviously have some axe to grind with the government. Did the government actually harm your family or are you being "enlightened" by some 'genius" professor at school and talking about "the man" with your pothead friends? I think that is clouding your judgement.

When an issue is a threat to the health and well being of the citizens of a country, the government has an obligation to step in. Superstars using steroids and HGH gives a horrible impression to high school kids that using this **** is OK. It's not... you will get a furrowed brow, man boobs, and your body will break down. It is dangerous stuff. Not to mention the psychological effects aka roid rage. I've played football with guys in both HS and college who used roids... it is not good. The government not only had the right, but the obligation to step in there. Take off your jaded glasses and look at reality.

As far as football, cheating videotapes and whathaveyou, no, Senator Specter is wasting his time and taxpayer $$ investigating that. I believe he is solely doing that to get the votes of Eagles fans in the next election.
                        Read the constitution, and point the section out that gives the federal government the authority to do the things they do. The fact is parents need to step up and be roll models for their children and not let some professional athlete have such an impact on their children's behavior.

So I guess you want the government to stop you from eating big mac's, or drinking alcohol, or not getting enough sleep, or stressing too much, or bungy jumping, or sky diving. Get my point? It is not the government's obligation to keep us safe from ourselves. This country was built of freedom and liberty, not the nanny state that you seem so fond.

I am not a liberal, I am a constitutional libertarian. I simply find it disgusting that our bloated overgrown joke of a government is wasting my money concerning themselves with steroids in baseball and cheating in football, instead of the ever expanding national debt that now totals more that $9 trillion (a good portion of which is owed to China), the rapid devaluation of the dollar that is phasing out the middle class, or the general erosion of the constitution which was written as a tool to bind government - not the people.

Comment

YOU READ MY LETTER TO SANTA!

Comment

Read the constitution, and point the section out that gives the federal government the authority to do the things they do. The fact is parents need to step up and be roll models for their children and not let some professional athlete have such an impact on their children's behavior.

So I guess you want the government to stop you from eating big mac's, or drinking alcohol, or not getting enough sleep, or stressing too much, or bungy jumping, or sky diving. Get my point? It is not the government's obligation to keep us safe from ourselves. This country was built of freedom and liberty, not the nanny state that you seem so fond.

I am not a liberal, I am a constitutional libertarian. I simply find it disgusting that our bloated overgrown joke of a government is wasting my money concerning themselves with steroids in baseball and cheating in football, instead of the ever expanding national debt that now totals more that $9 trillion (a good portion of which is owed to China), the rapid devaluation of the dollar that is phasing out the middle class, or the general erosion of the constitution which was written as a tool to bind government - not the people.
                            Doesnt help them that small groups around the country seem to be calling for Civil War. Rumblings are every state about it. I would rather just leave and not have to deal. Government and the United States as a whole that is nothing more than an Empire with a nice name really isnt worth the effort anymore. As every Empire in the history of the world has the United States will one day fall. No Empire has stood for more than 300 Years in the history of the world. It runs it's course, falls, life goes on. No tears will be shed on my end live or die. It is just the way of things.

Comment

Move to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X