Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I love Yahoo! fantasy football, but I would like to see your solution.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Ya it does sound like that Stats.com stuff. I'm going to mess around with Macros to see if I can get a bot to locate the game stats on nfl.com and then I could hopefully just make a formula that would coincide with whatever rules you wanted to impose on the league. The live update stats present a problem. It would seriously be so easy without them.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Updating the stats manually would be impossible...I thought the internet just had software that updated it automatically, but what the hell do I know.

Anyways this seems like too tall of a task NNC to be honest...I have no idea how you are going to pull it off but it would be awesome.

My favorite fantasy site is Yahoo! I love the interface for their draft and I find it really convienient to use. It isn't flasy, yet it gets the job done. That's what I like.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Live game stat updates? Sounds like that Stats.com stuff I was offered for $2,000 a month.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    started a topic Fantasy Football Features

Fantasy Football Features

I just started designing fantasy football software for the site though I'm not sure if it will be used. (especially ver 1.0).

So far, I planned on having a similar layout to NFL.com's fantasy football, though nothing has been done yet. It would have a possible picture and article in the middle of the main page (assuming that Matt and Walter are going to do a weekly write up, there's will be the article) and any other content that Matt/Walter post.

I'll obviously have a listing of teams, stats, records and so on that is required.

Potential Problems: Either someone would have to update the software weekly in accordance to stats, or Walter would have to purchase live game stats updates. I'm going to try to find a way around this to keep it free, but I can't think of one now.

Now for the purpose of this topic... what else would you like to have in a fantasy football program? Keep in mind things like projected stats are copyrighted on most sites, (I'd assume) so their eligibility is based on the willingness of someone to make them.
Working...
X