My Sim League draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sim League draft

Hey guys. I am in a sim league with a bunch of other Bills fans on a Bills board, and we are just wrapping up our 8 round draft tomorrow night. It's a 24 team, league, so keep that in mind when you are looking at the picks and that's why we have 8 rounds.

Just wanted your thoughts on my draft (obviously team needs come into play when evaluating picks, but do your best...

Traded 1st rd (23), 2nd rd (8), and 3rd rd (23) for 1st rd (7), 7th rd (17), 8th rd (18)

1st rd (7): Sedrick Ellis, DT
    1st rd (8): Keith Rivers, LB
    3rd rd (8): Tyrell Johnson, S
    5th rd (8): Lavelle Hawkins, WR
    7th rd (8): Josh Johnson, QB
    7th rd (16): Tashard Choice, RB
    7th rd (17): Carl Nicks, OT

I have three picks in the 8th round, and I'm targeting Jerome Felton (FB), Adrian Arrington (WR), and Ahtyba Rubin (DT) or DeJuan Tribble (CB).

I know you guys love talking draft, so just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

For the record, I'll list my key players:
    QB - Jay Cutler
    RB - Ronnie Brown
    TE - Tony Gonzalez
    WR - Isaac Bruce, Shaun McDonald, Donte' Stallworth
    OT - Kevin Shaffer, Maurice Williams
    OG - Stephen Neal, Kynan Forney
    C - Shaun O'Hara

DE - Julius Peppers, Reggie Hayward
    DT - Marcus Stroud, Brandon Mebane
    LB - Keith Bulluck, Bradie James, Tully Banta-Cain
    CB - Al Harris, Terence Newman, Marcus McCauley
    S - Adrian Wilson, Laron Landry, Tanard Jackson
    If It's Fair...It's Gone...
    My blog.
    Updated 5/13: Added top 50 WR to RB and QB Rankings. Top 100 overall board to come soon.

I don't really understand how this "sim league" works.

Your offensive line doesn't look too hot though.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
      I don't really understand how this "sim league" works.

Your offensive line doesn't look too hot though.
      A computer software program that gets updated each year with a new disk gives players a ranking and salary based on that player's performance from the previous season. We all got to do an original team stocking draft, and we chose to sign our players for up to three year deals.

For example, I got Julius Peppers at a pretty big discount because he sucked last year, but I signed him for three years expecting a bounce back and then I'll have him at a discount. On the other hand, I have Shaun McDonald at a pretty high price because he had a good year last year, but I know that Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams will take most of his catches and Detroit is focusing on the running game more, so I only signed him to a 1 year deal because I don't want to be overpaying him next season.

Your team's games are simmed against the others for a whole 16 game season with playoffs and everything, and then we have a FA draft and rookie draft every offseason based on players that are either cut from sim teams or emerge from nowhere during the year (James Harrison and Ryan Grant went 1 and 2 in our draft this year.), and rookies. For rookies, they don't get to contribute until next season obviously, because the game has no data for them.

I signed all my rookies to three year deals, but their salary doesn't count against my cap until next season.

It's pretty complicated and it's a lot deeper than my simple explanation would tell you, but regardless, my line does really suck.
      If It's Fair...It's Gone...
      My blog.
      Updated 5/13: Added top 50 WR to RB and QB Rankings. Top 100 overall board to come soon.

Comment

Working...
      X