First Rookie QB to Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Rookie QB to Start

As the topic implies, who do you think will be the first rookie QB to start?

With the risk of turning this into a "Tavaris Jackson thread", I'll say it's John David Booty.

The Ravens could also surprise and start Flacco very early.

brian brohm. due to a jared allen sack in week one, aaron rodgers immediately has to retire due to being ripped in half.

Comment

I can't predict injuries, so I have to go with Booty. As I have said for many months, he was the most NFL ready QB in the Draft and Tarvaris Jackson still isn't college ready.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

btw, great joke in your sig, Craig.

I'm going to say it's Matt Ryan (Starter, week 1), then Chad Henne (John Beck wins starting gig, loses it by week 4).
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm actually going to say I think John Beck plays solid this year. I gave him a much higher rating than Chad Henne coming out of college, and with an improved OL, a healthy Ronnie Brown, and Fasano at TE I think he will surprise a lot of people next year because I don't think he will totally suck.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Matt Ryan. I just think Atlanta will buckle under the pressure to start him after a couple of weeks. Especially when they start 0-4.

The more I think about JDB the less I think he will start. In fact I'd say he might be one of the last (except Kevin McConnell).

I just don't see how a 3rd round talent (at best) offers an immediate upgrade over a 6-7th round talent (at worst), who's had 2 years to learn the pros. Then add in the fact that the Vikings will be winning, plus questions about the coaches ties to Jackson. I don't see how this is at all convincing that JDB will start at all this year, barring injury.

Comment

Plus remember what Walter says about QB's with small hands...........................
              they fumble a lot.

Comment

What I want to know is precisely how small Alex Smith and Daunte Culpepper's hands are.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Matt Ryan

Comment

Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                      Matt Ryan. I just think Atlanta will buckle under the pressure to start him after a couple of weeks. Especially when they start 0-4.

The more I think about JDB the less I think he will start. In fact I'd say he might be one of the last (except Kevin McConnell).

I just don't see how a 3rd round talent (at best) offers an immediate upgrade over a 6-7th round talent (at worst), who's had 2 years to learn the pros. Then add in the fact that the Vikings will be winning, plus questions about the coaches ties to Jackson. I don't see how this is at all convincing that JDB will start at all this year, barring injury.
                      How do we know that the Vikings will be winning? I think more teams will use the Redskin's strategy of 11 in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        How do we know that the Vikings will be winning? I think more teams will use the Redskin's strategy of 11 in the box.
                        C'mon, do you seriously think the Vikings won't break .500 this year? If so, I'll bet 10 WF.com dollars against you.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                          C'mon, do you seriously think the Vikings won't break .500 this year? If so, I'll bet 10 WF.com dollars against you.
                          I'll honestly take that bet. They will go .500 or worse.

Comment

god i hate the vikings

Comment

Matt Ryan
                              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                              X