First Rookie QB to Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    Isn't that how we base all players in the draft, by what they show in college?
    That's only 1 piece of it and you know that. You can't just look at college production you need to consider that:

1) He doesn't have a strong arm
    2) Very thin frame
    3) Played in shotgun exclusively
    4) His coach had to simplify the playbook for him to excel.

Comment

• Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
      No matter how you do your draft boards there will be busts. It's a part of the business. Your ignorance to this makes me wonder about you wanting to write for the site. If you think you can predict a perfect draft then get a job as an NFL GM. I'm sure anyone would be dying to hire you if you could prove that you could predict every bust and every sleeper.
      I'm just saying that you judge a player both ways. If he's 5'4, 125 and breaks receiving records like crazy of course he isn't going to be drafted, but the same can be said for a receiver that is 6'6, 220 and runs in the 4.2's but he hasn't seen the field in his college career. That's why Chris Long was such a safe pick because his game translates well and he has the physical ability to back it up. It doesn't make me ignorant to believe that college production as well as the manner he shows off the field factors in the success of a football player.

I mean heck, Chris Henry was drafted in the 2nd round because of a 4.38 forty but off and on the field in college he was horrendous. I will never think he will be a good football player if his physical abilities are there but he couldn't even start at Arizona for a full season.

That's my argument.

Comment

• Matt Ryan will be first, then John David Booty, then flacco

thats my guess

Comment

• Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          That's only 1 piece of it and you know that. You can't just look at college production you need to consider that:

1) He doesn't have a strong arm
          2) Very thin frame
          3) Played in shotgun exclusively
          4) His coach had to simplify the playbook for him to excel.
          Right, that's why Jamarcus Russell was worth the #1 pick. He had off the chart physical abilities though he wasn't overly productive in college. (that was more for Mmento, not you puppypuncher; and why punch puppies? They're adorable man!)

To answer your question yes I know, I'm just backing up players like him, though I think Dixon will be a good backup and maybe a starter. I like the way he read defenses (though the shotgun helped), his additiude and leadership, and his arm. It was strong but not overly strong. His size will limit him, he's really scrawny.

Comment

Working...
          X