Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Defensive Positional Rankings

http://nfldraftexpert.webs.com/positionalrankings.htm

Why do you like Moala so much? Someone please answer me...no one has debated me on this issue.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Why do you like Moala so much? Someone please answer me...no one has debated me on this issue.
      It's an inside joke. No one is talking about it until you go insane.

Comment

I don't like him as much as Todd McShay but right now I have him #21 on my big board and my #1 DT. I like his versatility, he can play DE or either DT spots. Good size (6-5, 300), and motor.

What is it that you don't like about him?

He has potential to be a top 10 pick...

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
          I don't like him as much as Todd McShay but right now I have him #21 on my big board and my #1 DT. I like his versatility, he can play DE or either DT spots. Good size (6-5, 300), and motor.

His production was lacking when he wasn't the focal point of the defensive line. Imagine now, considering Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson are gone, how he'll do. He's going to face constant double teams.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

He doesn't make a lot of plays. He has good size...do you know how many linemen in the NFL have good size?

His motor is average...I don't see much 2nd effort out of him. If he had a better motor he'd have more than 5.5 TFL I can assure you.

Average athleticism. Average instincts...what can I say? Hand use is below average. I think he is a good, not great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
              His production was lacking when he wasn't the focal point of the defensive line. Imagine now, considering Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson are gone, how he'll do. He's going to face constant double teams.
              Well Kyle Moore and Everson Griffin aren't bad partners to have on the DL.

Comment

Well Kyle Moore and Everson Griffin aren't bad partners to have on the DL.
                No, but I'd much rather have Lawrence Jackson and Sedrick Ellis on the line.

I think right now, Moala is the focal point for the offensive lines. Before, he wasn't.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Moala will be the focus of OLs, so this year is pivitol for him.

Comment

He doesn't make a lot of plays. He has good size...do you know how many linemen in the NFL have good size?

His motor is average...I don't see much 2nd effort out of him. If he had a better motor he'd have more than 5.5 TFL I can assure you.

Average athleticism. Average instincts...what can I say? Hand use is below average. I think he is a good, not great player.
                    He is pretty dang athletic for being 6'5" 300...

Comment

He is pretty dang athletic for being 6'5" 300...
                      I couldn't disagree more. I don't see much athleticism.

Plus why is 300 a big deal? WTF. It is 300 pounds. Not 330.

I think he has good size but it isn't anything to get all high on.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        Moala will be the focus of OLs, so this year is pivitol for him.
                        If his production improves to Sedrick Ellis like levels this season, I'll happily slap a first round grade on him. I don't see it happening. 2.5 sacks out of a DT isn't absolutely abysmal, but for a guy who's supposed to be top 10? It is. I wouldn't draft Moala in the first 50 picks or so. 300 pounds on a 6'5" frame is not stellar size. Sedrick Ellis got away with 300 pounds because he's 6'0". Moala needs to be 315, 325 before he's considered a pure DT.
                        - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Maola sucks. But he could have a big season so don't write him off. I think Everson Griffin tears it up next year. Its gna be cool to see an AZ recruit terain it up, even though I hate USC

Comment

Dont' get me wrong, a big senior season from Moala, and I might declare him as the best 5 techniuqe in the draft because he has the perfect size to play the strongside at 5 technique in the NFL.

Him and Tyson Jackson should have a battle after the season is over.

That said, you guys always know how I rank position values in the NFL. Teams keep building and developing their DLs (and for good reason). 5 technqiue isn't a big need.

Kendall Langford didn't go until the 4th round: prime example.

I won't release my player comparison yet with Moala, but in my opinion it is dead on.

Comment

IlliniVikeFan,

Can you date your mock so I can tell when it's updated?

Nice job on the rankings.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Working...
                              X