• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners opt out unanimously!

As per ProFootballTalk:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...pt-out-of-cba/
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

and we will have more CBA discussion this offseason well before the season starts.

Founder of ScarDraft
    Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Ya I saw that. I wouldn't know what to do if there was a player strike and a result of no NFL for a season
      Check out my new site Today!
      Live 4 The Story

Comment

This isn't really a big deal YET. If a new CBA is negotiated in the next three years, this news means nothing. If not, well, I'd rather not think about it.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I think if you look at how the players contracts have been structured for a team as a whole for the past couple of years. I think you will find that many owners / FO have had their eye on 2010 as a point to somewhat cheat the old plan, by back loading the contracts to accelerate or expire on that year.
          I would hope that the owners would not be stupid enough to try and give us replacement players if they don’t reach an agreement by then.
          Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
            I think if you look at how the players contracts have been structured for a team as a whole for the past couple of years. I think you will find that many owners / FO have had their eye on 2010 as a point to somewhat cheat the old plan, by back loading the contracts to accelerate or expire on that year.
            I would hope that the owners would not be stupid enough to try and give us replacement players if they don’t reach an agreement by then.
            a bunch of free agents without any salary cap... now that would be interesting.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

What was bad about the CBA that they wanted to opt out? No one has said this.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                What was bad about the CBA that they wanted to opt out? No one has said this.
                Matt didn't your mommy ever teach you that everything is about money? =P

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Couple of things.

1. These ****ing ******* players have no ****ing right to complain when they are earning millions each year doing what is essentially a hobbie as a job.

2. The owners are stupid enough to kill the competition in the league and lose themselves a lot of money long term.

I hope both parties suffer immensely as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                    Couple of things.

1. These ****ing ******* players have no ****ing right to complain when they are earning millions each year doing what is essentially a hobbie as a job.

2. The owners are stupid enough to kill the competition in the league and lose themselves a lot of money long term.

I hope both parties suffer immensely as a result.
                    This isn't the player's doing one bit. This one falls squarely on the shoulders of the owners.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                      This isn't the player's doing one bit. This one falls squarely on the shoulders of the owners.
                      They'll want to strike as a result though.

Comment

It's not unreasonable to want to strike when there is literally no union agreement at all with your employer.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

It's not unreasonable to want to strike when there is literally no union agreement at all with your employer.
                          How much do these guys earn though? 30 grand a year?

Comment

Doesn't matter. We are dealing with an industry that makes billions. The players are the ones who provide that entertainment so they are requesting their fair share if they strike. I mean, you don't really think they should just take whatever deal the owners offer them just because they will still be rich do you? It seems like these guys make a lot of money but consider that the NFLPA represents all NFL players and that the average career of an NFL player is 1.5 years. Then consider that these guys probably made an average of 1.5 mil in their time in the league. That's not enough money to live off of for the rest of their lives. So yeah, I have no problem with them striking to make sure they get their fair share of an extremely lucrative industry that they are a crucial part of.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Matt didn't your mommy ever teach you that everything is about money? =P
                              I thought a few things were about sex, but then you could argue that sex is about money.

Comment

Working...
                              X