Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Haefner's Contenders or Pretenders

http://walterfootball.com/gregcontenders.php

Makes a good point with the Vikes, but I don't consider Tarvaris Jackson to be on the same level as the other 2 QBs he mentioned.

Many have talked up the Cardinals in the past, and many have looked like fools. Maybe this is the year, but I'm not going to predict that. I say 8-8 for them.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Jag's defense weren't as suffocating as everyone thinks. The loss of Marcus Stroud is huge, and Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves does not match his loss.

You're completely underrating the Seahawks defense.

Tampa Bay didn't make any huge free agent signings but they did solidify a lot of positions on their team. THIS WAS THE TEAM WITH THE BEST DEFENSE LAST YEAR.

I am sick of people comparing the Vikings of this year to the 2000 Ravens. The Ravens had an even better line than them at the time and the Vikings have no Ray Lewis or Rod Woodson, no Duane Starks and especially no Chris McAlister.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
      I am sick of people comparing the Vikings of this year to the 2000 Ravens. The Ravens had an even better line than them at the time and the Vikings have no Ray Lewis or Rod Woodson, no Duane Starks and especially no Chris McAlister.
      Yeah the Vikings should have a very good defense but its strength will be on the defensive line whereas the Ravens' strength was their linebackers.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
        Yeah the Vikings should have a very good defense but its strength will be on the defensive line whereas the Ravens' strength was their linebackers.
        Goose and Sam Adams made the defensive line incredible also.

Comment

Goose and Sam Adams made the defensive line incredible also.
          Well yeah, but the heart and soul of that defense was with the best group of linebackers ever assembled. Whereas the heart and soul of the Vikings defense will be the defensive line. That's the distinction I was making.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I must say that Tampa Bay, Pretender choice was an extremely bad one.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              I must say that Tampa Bay, Pretender choice was an extremely bad one.
              You will see why you are wrong by early October.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

They were a great group of linebackers, but Adams and Goose made their job easy. It isn't hard to roam free and make tackles when it takes every o-lineman to block two of your D-lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  They were a great group of linebackers, but Adams and Goose made their job easy. It isn't hard to roam free and make tackles when it takes every o-lineman to block two of your D-lineman.
                  That whole defense made everyone else's job on that defense easy.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Vince Young has come into his own, I'll give him that.
                    Do you watch football?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                      Do you watch football?
                      He got the Titans to the playoffs last year with absolutely no talent around him. THAT, my friend, is coming into his own.
                      Originally posted by bills_red
                      I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
                      sigpic
                      Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Comment

I agree that the Jaguars are a contender, but IMO they have been incredibly overhyped this offseason. They are being touted as an one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFL, in many cases ahead of the past 2 Super Bowl Champions, the Colts and Giants. Garrard is being hailed as the next great QB in the NFL with his new contract and +100 rating last year, but seriously the guy is 30 and barely averaged one TD/G last season, and their solid D is being hailed as stellar. I agree with Puncher that Stroud's loss will be significant and that the overdrafted Harvey will not be enough to fill his void. And if the Jags think that Harvey and Groves will be enough to attack Peyton and vaunt Jax into top spot in the AFC South then they're flat out wrong. MoJo Drew is a game breaker and he and the suddenly en-vogue Fred Taylor (i mean seriously, the band wagon is breaking for this guy cause EVERYONE hopped on board last year) make a great 1-2 punch, but until Peyton hangs up the cleats and/or the Jags can find a legitimate passing game the Colts will remain the champs of this division.
                        Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                        The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                        THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                        THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Jag's defense weren't as suffocating as everyone thinks. The loss of Marcus Stroud is huge, and Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves does not match his loss.
                          I think you are putting too much into the loss of Marcus Stroud. When he wasn't suspended or injured he showed some serious signs of slowing down. It is a young man's game and Stroud is on the down end of a pretty decent career. Henderson is a far superior tackle and the Jags would not have made the move if they did not have faith in someone behind him. The defense only gave up 19 pts per game last year which ranked them in the top 10. That is a pretty good (maybe not suffocating) defense. Stroud only played in nine games and recorded just 19 tackles. He is not a big loss, Rob Mier or Derek Landri will fill in just fine while the young speed rushers will provide a much needed pass rush. They added Drayton Florence to the secondary in hopes to move Brian Williams to safety. This defense's success will depend on what they get out of those rookies, but if there is a position at which a rookie can impact right away it is defensive end so look out for these guys as potential Super Bowl contenders.
                          Last edited by Ryan Leaf; 05-21-2008, 09:36 PM.
                          "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
                          -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_Haefner View Post
                            He got the Titans to the playoffs last year with absolutely no talent around him. THAT, my friend, is coming into his own.
                            LOL….. they got to the play-offs because the Colts rolled over and played dead to rest their starters and also to force the Browns out of the play-offs so they wouldn’t have to face them later perhaps in the
                            play- offs. Look where that got them.
                            I wont tell you that Young hasn’t progressed as a QB, but he is far from arrived in my book.
                            The Titans offense was one of the most predictable in the league last season, because young was asked not to lose the game and not asked to try and carry the load. He was able to do what they asked him to do, but now I think he must step up his game a level to be considered as one of the better QB in the game.
                            Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Good article....Great point with the Vikings.

Comment

Working...
                              X