Falcons sign Matt Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons sign Matt Ryan

Rookie QB inked a deal with Atlanta for $72million and 34.75 million guaranteed. Man these deals are getting out of hand. That's more than #1 pick Jake Long. Teams have to pray their first round picks aren't busts because they are investing sooooo much money in these young unproven guys.
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

The Falcons have lost their minds
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Yeah this deal is way too much but this should be discussed in the first round signing forum. In fact, it already was mentioned there.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I doubt it's more, it's probably just over 6 years

Comment

I hope all that money will cover his hospital bills for the beating he's going to be taking.
          NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

That is some crazy money...
            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Man I hope he busts. Not just cuz I'm a Tampa fan, but passing up on Dorsey there is downright stupid.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't think there is anything he could do to be worth 72 million.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  I don't think there is anything he could do to be worth 72 million.
                  Well it does remind me of the huge deal that Peyton got back int he day. I'd say he earned that. I'd also say that Matt Ryan doesn't have Marvin Harrison or Marshall Faulk on his team either.

Comment

Peyton was the number one pick though. I guess Ryan would be well worth it if he turned out to be Peyton, but why give him that much? They could have just made a lesser contract than Chris Long after he signed... unless they wanted Ryan in camp right away. Ya, I'm pretty sure he'll start day 1.

Comment

Peyton was the number one pick though. I guess Ryan would be well worth it if he turned out to be Peyton, but why give him that much? They could have just made a lesser contract than Chris Long after he signed... unless they wanted Ryan in camp right away. Ya, I'm pretty sure he'll start day 1.
                      I just don't understand what hurry the Falcons are in if they want Ryan to start Week 1. They suck.

Oh well. I can't say as a Bucs fan I wasn't ecstatic to see them pass up on Dorsey. Hopefully Ryan will bust and it will take the Falcons a decade to recover.

Comment

I just don't understand what hurry the Falcons are in if they want Ryan to start Week 1. They suck.
                        Seems like you do understand

Comment

Seems like you do understand
                          So you seem to understand that putting a bad QB in a bad situatio is a good thing?

How many times do bad teams make the playoffs with a rookie QB? How often does that happen?

And if you don't make the playoffs, what is the difference between a 4 win season and a 9 win season...honestly?

Comment

I don't think you understood what I said and/or what you just said doesn't apply with what I said.

Comment

This contract all the more reemphasizes what Goodell has been hammering with the players union, in that he feels rookies who have yet to play a down should not be getting paid more than veterans such as Tom Brady, who have more than paid their dues in the league. Now I know Arthur Blank is desperate to put the Michael Vick era to rest, but at a cost of $72 million? What if Ryan pans out to be the 2nd coming of a Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch? Look at what's going on out in San Francisco with Alex Smith, and he was the no. 1 overall choice. Oh man this is a potential disaster in the making for Atlanta within the next four or five years.
                              sigpic
                              'GRD Vypers' ready to roll in '08!!

Comment

Working...
                              X