First Mock Draft in Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Mock Draft in Years

I haven't done a mock draft in years but I got bored and did one for 2009. What you all think?

2009 Mock Draft Round 1

#1) Atlanta Falcons : Wide Reciever, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
    Atlanta Drafted a Quarterback and Offensive Tackle last year and only have one Good reviever. If they want Matt Ryan to succeed they need to give him one more reciever.

2008 First Round Pick: QB Matt Ryan

#2) San Fransisco 49ers : Quarterback, Cullen Harper, Clemson
    Alex Smith is a bust with a capital B. San Fransisco will need a new signal caller. With a young line Harper could have a good shot at succeeding in a year or two.

2008 First Round Pick: DT Kentwan Balmer

#3) Miami Dolphins : Offensive Tackle, Michael Oher, Mississippi
    Miami found out 2008 number one pick Jake Long is better off as a Right Tackle and take the best true and best Left Tackle in the draft to give the best young Tackle Combination in the NFL.

2008 First Round Pick: OT Jake Long Michigan

#4) Detroit Lions : Defensive End, Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
    The Lions are in desterate need of a Middle Linebacker and Defensive End. Out of the two the only Johnson is worthy of a Top 5 Pick.

2008 First Round Pick: OT Golder Charilus

#5) Chicago Bears : Quarterback, Tim Tebow, Florida
    Chicago helped themselves in the 2008 NFL Draft at Wide Reciever, Offensive Tackle, Running Back, and potentially Strong Safety. However a team that used three starting Quarterbacks they had twelve picks and neglected to draft a Quarterback. If they draft this high in 2009 they will have no choice but to draft a quarterback here. I am not high on Tim Tebow. However he has enough of a running game that if he starts right away the Bears can pound it on the ground. If not he can learn as a backup for a year or two.

2008 First Round Pick: OT Chris Williams

#6) St. Louis Rams : Offensive Tackle, Andre Smith, Alabama
    A massive Tackle with great Athleticism who will be a much needed replacement for Orlando Pace.

2008 First Round Pick: DE Chris Long

#7) Arizona Cardinals : Running Back, Chris Wells, Ohio State
    Edgerin James has a lot of miles on his body and Chris wells is a special player. Quite possibly the most talented player in this draft.

2008 First Round Pick: Dominique Rogers-Cromartie

#8) Kansas City Chiefs : Quarterback, Matt Stafford, Georgia
    Stafford has a huge arm which could fit well into the Chiefs run heavy and throw deep offense. He may need time on the bench however before he starts.

2008 First Round pick: DT Glenn Dorsey

#9) Oakland Raiders : Outside Linebacker/Defensive End, George Selvie, South Florida
    Oakland needs to continue building their linebacking core. This defese has improved it's pass defense greatly and the addition of Selvie's pass rush ability will only improve that even more.

2008 First Round Pick: RB Darren McFadden

#10) New York Jets : Running Back, LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
    Thomas Jones is turning 31 soon and the Jets dont have a replacement set. McCoy is explosive, has a third gear, makes good cuts, and catches the ball well.

#11) Cincinnati Bengals : Running Back, Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
    Rudy Johnson's body has been worn down withall the carries and his running style. With Johnson being a shell of his former self what do the Bengals do? They take another power back. Moreno is a very good runner who fits into their scheme.

2008 First Round Pick: MLB Keith Rivers

#12) Baltimore Ravens : Cornerback, Malcolm Jenkens, Ohio State
    Best Corner in the Draft goes here. Baltimore needs a lockdown Corner with that aging core. Jenkins may have a shot to be the number two Corner in 2009 and the number one Corner in 2010. This will also help to continue the youth movement on a rapidly aging defense.

#13) Philadelphia Eagles (f/Car) : Offensive Tackle, Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma
    A massive road grading offensive tackle to guard Donovan McNabb. That will cut off the sacks given up which has been increased badly over the last two years.

2008 First Round Pick: None

#14) Denver Broncos : Middle Linebacker, James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
    The Broncos have had issues with Middle Linebackers for years. Road Warrior James can do it all on a football field and is a locker room leader.

2008 First Round Pick: OT Ryan Clady

#15) Tennessee Titans : Defensive Tackle, Fili Moala, USC
    Not the highest ranked Defensive Tackle on my Big Board but Moala has a nack for stopping the run behind the line of scrimage and the Titans need run stuffing Defensive Tackles in case Haynsworth gets hurt agan.

2008 First Round Pick: RB Chris Johnson

#16) Minnesota Vikings : Offensive Tackle, Ciron Black, LSU
    Minnesotta has Tarvarious Jackson and Drafted John David Booty. Jackson has poor pocket awareness and Booty has small hands. Put those reasons with keeping Running Back Adrien Peterson healthy and the Chargers should continue building that line.

#17) New Orleans Saints : Center, Alex Mack, California
    Who is their starter? I don't even know the guy's name if that tells you anything about this pick. With Jeff Faine gone it leaves a large hole at center. Mack could hold that spot for a decade barring injury and be a Pro Bowler nearly every year. Mack would be a great addition to the Saints line.

2008 First Round Pick: DT Sedrick Ellis

#18) Houston Texans : Defensive End, Tyson Jackson, LSU
    The steal of the first round. The best defensive end in the draft falls here due to lack of need. The Texans could solidify themselves as one of the best defensive lines in the league if they get Jackson.

2008 First Round Pick: OT Duane Brown

#19) Washington Redskins : Free Safety/Strong Safety, Myron Rolle, Florida State
    Most instinctive and easily the most versitile Safety in this Draft. Rolle would be able to replace Shawn Taylor on that defense and play at a high level.

#20) Philadelphia Eagles : .Strong Safety, Taylor Mays, USC
    Tough call here. A big time Strong Safety in Taylor Mays, or a guy to help a pass rush that would take preasure off their secondary in Brian Cushing. Mays has great instincts, is a hard hitter. Reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders in terms of talent.

#21) Buffalo Bills : Defensive End, Greg Hardy, Mississippi
    Buffalo has a few holes on defense and one big one is Defensive End. Hardy would bring a pass rush presence and help a young core of Cornerbacks.

2008 First Round Pick: CB Leodis McKelvin

#22) Pittsburgh Steelers : Offensive Guard, Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
    The biggest need in Pittsburgh is Offensive Guard. The Steelers lost Alen Faneca leaving their Offensive Line as average at best. The team just can't pass up on Robinson who will be one of the leagues best Guards for the next decade.

2008 First Round Pick: RB Rashard Mendenhall

#23) Jacksonville Jaguars : Defensive Tackle, Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn
    Jacksonville's Run defense suffered without Marcus Stroud helping man the middle. The team was still good enough to win even with a worse defense.

2008 First Round Pick: DE Derrick Harvey

#24) Seattle Seahawks : Wide Reciever, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Wisconsin
    Bobby Engram is old and I dont believe Nate Burleson can carry the load on his own. Heyward-Bay is a big target with speed, good hands, and good agility. He will be a welcome addition to the Seahawks roster.

2008 First Round Pick: DE Lawrence Jackson

#25) Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Quarterback, Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
    Bradford is more accurate than any quarterback in the Draft and has a good arm. He would fit very well into the Bucs offense. This could be a perfect fit for Tampa and their Quarterback Army.

2008 First Round Pick: CB Aqib Talib

#26) Cleveland Browns : Cornerback, Vontae Davis, Illinois
    Cleveland has very few weaknesses so they can take the Best Player Availible. Vontae Davis fills a one of only two glaring holes on the team. Davis has star potential and could help take the Cleveland Defense to the next level.

#27) Green Bay Packers : Outside Linebacker, Brian Cushing, USC
    GM Ted Thompson loves the Best Player Availible and he gets one of the best Linebackers in the draft late in Round 1. Cushing is an extremely athletic player and a ball hawk. The Packers could use a player like Cushing on their defense which is already extremely athletic.

#28) New England Patriots : Middle Linebacker, Rey Maualuga, USC
    Patroits shock the world by drafting a linebacker two strait years. This is a complete steal at this point but it is a player too talented to pass up. This will team Maualuga, Jerod Mayo, and Adalius Thomas which could be frightening.

2008 First Round Pick: MLB Jerod Mayo

#29) Indianapolis Colts : Wide Reciever, Percy Harvin, Florida
    Marvin Harrison is 36 and nearing the end of his career. Since the Colts run a three reciever set a lot and need three and need three polished recievers to run it. Harvin is a good speed reciever with good hands and vision so a year as the number four reciever could prepare him to take over.

#30) New York Giants : Offensive Tackle, Max Unger, Oregon
    It's reported the Giants are not sold on David Diehl as the Left Tackle of the future so they take a guy here to fill that role. Unger could start by the 2010-2011 season if not sooner.

2008 First Round Pick:FS Kenny Philips

#31) Dallas Cowboys : Strong Safety, Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
    Roy Williams doesnt fit in the Cowboys defensive scheme anymore. The Cowboys need a replacement who has better cover skills than Williams.

2008 First Round Pick: RB Felix Jones

#32) San Diego Chargers : Offensive Tackle, Alex Boone, Ohio State
    Boone is a solid pass blocker and a momoth run blocker. Boone is one of the reasons Running Back Chris Wells is as successful as he is. He could be an upgrade on that already good offensive line.

2008 First Round Pick: CB Antoine Cason

Draft Order is Matt's with some changes. Once I sort my division predictions I will have an order all my own. Until then I think these will work.
    Last edited by Joey_Potter; 05-20-2008, 05:04 PM.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Good picks, but why does everyone think San Diego will win the SB.

Comment

The Redskins would take Marks in that position. They like Reed Doughty much more than most people seem to realize.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Atlanta Doesnt Need A Damn Wr!!!

Founder of ScarDraft
        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

lol @ everyone on Cullen Harpers bandwagon after Matt said how high he's on the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
            lol @ everyone on Cullen Harpers bandwagon after Matt said how high he's on the guy.
            It's just a passing trend. The Hunter Cantwell bandwagon is here to stay =P

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
              It's just a passing trend. The Hunter Cantwell bandwagon is here to stay =P
              Agree.

Comment

Niner- I just used a modified version of Matt's order. I will have my own in time.

Montero- Who is Reed Doughty?

Scar- Atlanta needs so much I just gave them the #2 guy on my Big Board. Would have given them #1 but Beenie Wells wouldnt be a good choice.

Fivas- I watched tape on every prospect I could find film on and I liked Harper a good bit. Since I had never watched him before I cant jump on a banwagon.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Reed Doughty is the safety who took over for Sean Taylor after he died. He played very well down the stretch and GMs around the league have said he could come in and start for them.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I am the original driver of the Harper Bandwagon.

-You need to look up Laurent Robinson.
                    -LeSean McCoy over Moreno? Ewww... icky.
                    -Baltimore does not need a lockdown corner. Probably won't be one there at 32 where are true draft position is.
                    -Loadholt does not scream "LT" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                      -Baltimore does not need a lockdown corner. Probably won't be one there at 32 where are true draft position is.
                      Are u still trying to deny that your team has needs in the secondary when Samari Rolle and Chris McAlister's age adds up to three digits?

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        I am the original driver of the Harper Bandwagon.

-You need to look up Laurent Robinson.
                        -LeSean McCoy over Moreno? Ewww... icky.
                        -Loadholt does not scream "LT" to me.
                        Robinson is frickin' legit. Love the kid. Huuuuuuge sleeper this year.
                        If It's Fair...It's Gone...
                        My blog.
                        Updated 5/13: Added top 50 WR to RB and QB Rankings. Top 100 overall board to come soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                          Are u still trying to deny that your team has needs in the secondary when Samari Rolle and Chris McAlister's age adds up to three digits?
                          Oh my god 30 and 31. Wow, 30 and 31. I'm fine with replacing Samari but no one should diss Chris.

Comment

I dont think the Saints will take mack. Goodwin has looked great when he has got in and I think he will do fine as the saints center. The Saints will be drafting a outside linebacker or a Safty in the first round next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Saintsfan View Post
                              I dont think the Saints will take mack. Goodwin has looked great when he has got in and I think he will do fine as the saints center. The Saints will be drafting a outside linebacker or a Safty in the first round next year.
                              You don't know what the Saints are going to do. The draft is 11 months away.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X