Tebow vs. Stafford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow vs. Stafford

Just wondering where you guys are at with this? In terms of Pro potential I know it's a love-hate relationship for the Heisman Winning Tebow. People either see him as blue-chip future superstar pivot with his unique skillset or a gimmick player who despite gaudy college stats will not amount to anything on Sundays. Then there is Georgia golden boy Matthew Stafford who has been touted as an automatic Top-5 pick since his High School Senior Year. I don't see Tebow as a gimmick player and I think anyone who has prototypical size, a Heisman, a National Championship, a live arm and can gain FD's like a Fullback is going to make noise in the NFL, but Stafford, for me, is still the easy choice. Despite the nitpicking criticism of his TD-Interception ratio, note this is during his Frosh and Soph years at the helm of a young team, the kid has as an absolute cannon for an arm (Jamarcus Russell territory), will be a 3 or 4 year starter at a big time program and could win a NC and/or Heisman this year. He's 6'3, 240 and is basically the prototype NFL Franchise QB.

Just wondering where you guys side in this debate. Also, do you think if both these guys declare they are the Top-2 QB prospects in the country?
    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

I like Tebow way more than Stafford because I think Stafford is a guy with a Rocket Launcher as a right arm nothing more right now. But I also like Bradford more than Stafford.

Comment

I am with you on this one Shock Doctor. I think both of these guys could be special players in the NFL. I like Stafford's chances a little better because of all the reasons you mentioned and the fact that he is just a more traditional QB. I definitely think these guys are the top 2 QB's if both declare. The thing about Tebow that scares me is he takes a lot of hits and I don't know how long he can hold up. I would still take him in the top 5 without question due to his skill set. He really is an under rated passer.
      "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
      -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
        I like Tebow way more than Stafford because I think Stafford is a guy with a Rocket Launcher as a right arm nothing more right now. But I also like Bradford more than Stafford.
        Sam Bradford is really impressive as well. Each of these three could be stars in the league.
        "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
        -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Both are two very overrated prospects, probably the most overrated QBs in the country right now.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

So you'd put guys like Painter and Cullen Harper ahead of those 2?

What about Mark Sanchez? A Booty type? 5 star USC recruit underachiever?
            Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
            The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
            THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
            THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Cullen Harper is my favorite QB. I'd put Curtis Painter ahead of them too. Stafford beats Tebow though since he can read the field.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                Cullen Harper is my favorite QB. I'd put Curtis Painter ahead of them too. Stafford beats Tebow though since he can read the field.
                And then Stafford can throw it 5 yards behind a guy while Tebow puts it on the mark

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post

I'm not sure what to make of Mark Sanchez. I will however, be at the USC @ Arizona game, so I'll make sure to take mental notes on him. Assuming I'm not busy trying to get laid. >_>

From what I can tell, he's never been dynamic enough to unseat JDB's starting spot. He'll probably be a mid-round selection, just like JDB.

Harper is my #1, and a top 10 prospect. Painter could go in the late 2nd. I think if Tebow will play TE and FB, he could be a first round pick. If he insists on playing QB, he's a 4th or 5th rounder, or at least he SHOULD be.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post

My top 5 rankings suggest what my top QBs are.

Comment

Tebow is a better prospect then Stafford. Stafford has no accuracy, which will kill him in the NFL.

Comment

Let's see Tebow vs. Stafford. Hmmmmmm. Hunter Cantwell.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Tebow's a douche, and I can't wait for him to fail out of the NFL, like I know he will.

As for Stafford, everyone keeps talking about his sh*tty accuracy, but I can't get the spring game TD he had, among other throws he's made, out of my head to give the belief in no accuracy any props.

(And to avoid another "Stafford will do well" "Nuhuh he won't" thread, I'll avoid responding if anyone can't deal with the fact that I think he's got the potential to be a great QB this year.)

Comment

Originally posted by McWatt View Post
                            Tebow's a douche, and I can't wait for him to fail out of the NFL, like I know he will.

As for Stafford, everyone keeps talking about his sh*tty accuracy, but I can't get the spring game TD he had, among other throws he's made, out of my head to give the belief in no accuracy any props.

(And to avoid another "Stafford will do well" "Nuhuh he won't" thread, I'll avoid responding if anyone can't deal with the fact that I think he's got the potential to be a great QB this year.)
                            Regarding the first word, my friend Allen Iverson has a few words:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

And potential is another key word. That's all Stafford has. Maybe he lives up to it, maybe he doesn't.

We aren't talking about a college QB that was productive in college and has potential in the NFL...we are talking about a college QB that hasn't done anything yet and still has potential in college.

Potential is nothing. I'm sorry, but in this situation, it is. It is an idea. It is nothing. DO SOMETHING, STEP UP, then we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post

haha. curtis painter is my cousin. he's awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X