• Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Draft Scouting Reports - 5/22

Trevard Lindley:

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009tlindley.php

Brandon Pettigrew:

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009bpettigrew.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I fully agree with Matt's analysis of both players. I'm not really high on Pettigrew: as a receiver, he hasn't done a whole lot for the Cowboys, IMO. He's put up respectable numbers, but nothing jaw dropping there.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Brandon Pettigrew was that TE I was thinking of a few days ago
      Also when Marcedes Lewis I never heard anything about his blocking

Comment

Good reports. I also like Pettigrew as a late first rounder...Russ Lande from Sporting News has Pettigrew the #5 prospect in next years class. He is good, but I don't see him being that good.

Comment

Lewis was a good blocker, but nothing special .... not many TEs are. I think Pettigrew is a special blocker...not Craig Stevens but he is up there.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Where the charges against Petigrew dropped or still pending?
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              Where the charges against Petigrew dropped or still pending?
              http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings....php?pyid=8703

03/03/08 - A court appearance for an Oklahoma State football player charged with assaulting a police officer was continued on Monday. Brandon Pettigrew appeared in Payne County District Court with his attorney as a judge continued the case until May 5. Pettigrew, a tight end from Tyler, Texas, was arrested on Jan. 20, when police officers responded to an altercation involving 10 to 15 people at a Stillwater residence. Police have said the group was asked to disperse, but the 6-foot-6, 260-pound Pettigrew refused to leave and allegedly elbowed an officer in the chest. At his arraignment two days later, he pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of assault and battery on a police officer and a misdemeanor count of public intoxication. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has said Pettigrew will remain a part of the team while the court case plays out. - AP Sports

It's still ongoing, I want to see what the truth really is, but I'm not hopeful. Senior Bowl/Combine interviews will be huge for Pettigrew.

Comment

Regardless, he shouldn't have been in that position anyway.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  Regardless, he shouldn't have been in that position anyway.
                  I don't deny that at all. It is a huge concern, and when i grade a prospect at this stage I just have to go on pure talent.

I mean what if he becomes more mature next season and impresses coaches/GMs in interviews? The talent takes over.

It's what happened with Aqib Talib. Fialed 3 drug tests 2.5 years ago, but has been a great citizen since and really impressed Allen and Gruden in interviews.

Same with Darren McFadden. Character concerns weren't an issue if we are all being honest...the consensus was he was an "elite" prospect.

Comment

Pettigrew better do well in interviews. There are a lot of good TEs this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X