Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McGuire's NFL Draft Blog - May 23

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt McGuire's NFL Draft Blog - May 23

    http://walterfootball.com/mattblog.php

    On the Dolphins and Tuna's Track Record
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

    Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

  • #2
    Nice read. I disagree James Farrior was a "bust" on the Jets. He was an ok player nothing special. Had 145 tackles in 2001 his last year on the team, but yea Orlando Pace or Walter Jones would have been so much better in that draft considering all the Jets really got was Farrior. Ward was a decent WR for a few years.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator




    Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

    Comment


    • #3
      On the flip side, they did acquire Phillip Merling. Maybe they think he can make it as a 3-4 defensive end. Jason Taylor managed 10 sacks when he was the only decent player on that football team (Zach Thomas was out for much of 2007), so there's not a lot of reason to think he still can't play.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Phillip Merling was a very good choice in the second round, Henne however was a stupid stupid pick.
        "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
        -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
          Phillip Merling was a very good choice in the second round, Henne however was a stupid stupid pick.
          That is the first time I think, I've agreed with your analysis on anything. Henne was taken a round and a half too soon.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I loved the pick of Merling, but I was taking strictly offense there.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh. I thought you meant the entire draft.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

              Comment


              • #8
                No I liked Merling, Langford, and the 4th round pick trade.

                But the picks of Jake Long and Chad Henne were terrible and will set this franchise back.

                I think John Beck will shock a lot of people next year and be adequate. He won't be Tom Brady, but I think he will play well at times, bad at others (like every other QB).
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Assume that their defensive ends are Jason Taylor and Phillip Merling. Think that's enough to at least help their defense? Or did they have so many holes, plugging one won't be enough to notice the rate that water's roaring through?
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                    Assume that their defensive ends are Jason Taylor and Phillip Merling. Think that's enough to at least help their defense? Or did they have so many holes, plugging one won't be enough to notice the rate that water's roaring through?
                    Oh Taylor isn't a DE in the 3-4, and he is 34 years old. He in no way should have played into their draft plans.

                    You look at the HLBs after Gholston and Chris Long and there wasn't much in the Draft. That was another reason why Chris should have been the pick.

                    with their other 2nd round pick I think they would have been better off drafting a CB or WR for value rather than Henne.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dude. I so totally agree. I did forget that Taylor moves to OLB in the 3-4, though. I think he'll be productive for at least one more season. He got 10 sacks at the age of 33, and he was the only decent defender on that team. I see no reason that he won't manage 6-8 sacks this season.

                      I said Chris Long, Terrell Thomas, Pat Sims (In hindsight, I forgot he plays 4-3 UT, not 3-4 NT), and Tony Hills in my mock draft. This was done before the Jake Long signing.
                      - Also known as Dan.
                      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                        Dude. I so totally agree. I did forget that Taylor moves to OLB in the 3-4, though. I think he'll be productive for at least one more season. He got 10 sacks at the age of 33, and he was the only decent defender on that team. I see no reason that he won't manage 6-8 sacks this season.

                        I said Chris Long, Terrell Thomas, Pat Sims (In hindsight, I forgot he plays 4-3 UT, not 3-4 NT), and Tony Hills in my mock draft. This was done before the Jake Long signing.
                        It doesn't matter what he will do next year. Who cares? Miami isn't even close to being a playoff team. Next year really doesn't matter for Miami if we are being honest.

                        What will Taylor do 2-3 years from now? That's the important question. He MUST be traded to get value for him now while they still can. Even if it is a 4th round pick they need to pull the trigger.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                        Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          It doesn't matter what he will do next year. Who cares? Miami isn't even close to being a playoff team. Next year really doesn't matter for Miami if we are being honest.

                          What will Taylor do 2-3 years from now? That's the important question. He MUST be traded to get value for him now while they still can. Even if it is a 4th round pick they need to pull the trigger.
                          Yeah, I know. You did make it sound like Taylor is over the hill and useless in your previous post. I just kinda disagreed with that.
                          - Also known as Dan.
                          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well for the long term he is extremely useless.

                            Miami needs to move on.

                            Anyways, put yourself in JT's shoes. Why would you want to play for Miami? He will want a championsihp and demand to be traded.

                            Not sure who would want him though off the top of my head.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Well for the long term he is extremely useless.

                              Miami needs to move on.

                              Anyways, put yourself in JT's shoes. Why would you want to play for Miami? He will want a championsihp and demand to be traded.

                              Not sure who would want him though off the top of my head.
                              Hmm. He could get traded to Buffalo. They need another DE and he can fit into a Tampa-2 scheme.
                              - Also known as Dan.
                              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X