No announcement yet.

Players that need to be added to positional rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI Chris Williams is coming off a season-ending collar bone injury; not a shoulder.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
      haha i agree with NMD. Why is everyone jumping all over him and completely dismissing Chris Williams when I'd bet good money that half of you have never seen him play. And what are your arguments? That small players can't make it? That small school guys can't make it? Cause i'm pretty sure that there have been exceptions to both those rules. Yeah, small guys don't hack it sometimes. So what? There have been prototypical size types from big time programs who are selling insurance three years after being drafted. It's a crapshoot. So take it easy on NMD, all he's saying is that this kid can play football. He's probably 20 years old, of course he can put on weight. NMD wants people to pay attention to this guy, i don't see him claiming that he's bringing home the Heisman or going First overall.
      name one, just one, 157 pound receiver who has had any success in the NFL in the last twenty years.
      Last edited by MMONTERO; 05-23-2008, 10:09 AM.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

157lbs... damn im bigger than that guy and I'm a soccer player not football haha
        Check out my new site Today!
        Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
          name one, just one, 157 pound receiver who has had any success in the NFL in the last twenty years.
          wow, is it just me or do people take comments really personally here? Listen, unfortunately I've never had the luxury of seeing Chris Williams with his shirt off to gauge his frame or timed his 40 personally. All I'm saying, is that I don't really understand why everyone is attacking NMD for suggesting the guy. Do i know of 5'8", 5'9" wide receivers in the NFL? Yeah I do, I believe one was just an All-Pro. And yes i know that Welker has about 25 pounds on Williams, but I also know that that undersized pro athletes' measurable are extremely inflated, I call bull**** that Santana Moss is actually 5'10, i don't believe Welker is actually 5'9, Steve Nash is 6'1 not 6'3 etc.. But even besides that I'm not claiming that Williams is gonna bulk up to Herculean proportions and take the NFL by storm, all I'm saying is that those of you who have never watched the guy and are still dismissing him are being extremely narrow minded, given that Williams now has 11 months to work on his game and his build to get ready for the draft. You don't think that most guys put on significant muscle mass in their final year to get more NFL ready? Cause I'm pretty sure that if I had any shot in hell at getting drafted or getting on a NFL roster in a way, I'd be in the gym 24/7 and drinking protein and creatine powders like they were chocolate milk. truthfully, I don't know much about Williams. I've only seen some highlights and read an article or two, but my earlier post didn't really have much to do with the guy it was more just my confusion that a guy harmlessly suggested a player for you guys to keep an eye on and subsequently he got flamed for it.

And to actually address the above quote directly, I've listed smallish type players who have suceeded recently (welker, moss, sproles (i know he's an rb), etc.), but I'm sure that the more knowledgeable guys here could name a couple 5'8-5'9 165-180 lbs players who have found a home on an NFL roster.
          Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
          The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
          THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
          THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

oh and montero I wasn't referring specifically to you when i said people take stuff personal. i was just referring to the flaming of Williams/NMD in general
            Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
            The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
            THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
            THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
              wow, is it just me or do people take comments really personally here? Listen, unfortunately I've never had the luxury of seeing Chris Williams with his shirt off to gauge his frame or timed his 40 personally. All I'm saying, is that I don't really understand why everyone is attacking NMD for suggesting the guy. Do i know of 5'8", 5'9" wide receivers in the NFL? Yeah I do, I believe one was just an All-Pro. And yes i know that Welker has about 25 pounds on Williams, but I also know that that undersized pro athletes' measurable are extremely inflated, I call bull**** that Santana Moss is actually 5'10, i don't believe Welker is actually 5'9, Steve Nash is 6'1 not 6'3 etc.. But even besides that I'm not claiming that Williams is gonna bulk up to Herculean proportions and take the NFL by storm, all I'm saying is that those of you who have never watched the guy and are still dismissing him are being extremely narrow minded, given that Williams now has 11 months to work on his game and his build to get ready for the draft. You don't think that most guys put on significant muscle mass in their final year to get more NFL ready? Cause I'm pretty sure that if I had any shot in hell at getting drafted or getting on a NFL roster in a way, I'd be in the gym 24/7 and drinking protein and creatine powders like they were chocolate milk. truthfully, I don't know much about Williams. I've only seen some highlights and read an article or two, but my earlier post didn't really have much to do with the guy it was more just my confusion that a guy harmlessly suggested a player for you guys to keep an eye on and subsequently he got flamed for it.

And to actually address the above quote directly, I've listed smallish type players who have suceeded recently (welker, moss, sproles (i know he's an rb), etc.), but I'm sure that the more knowledgeable guys here could name a couple 5'8-5'9 165-180 lbs players who have found a home on an NFL roster.
              The only one off the top of my head is DeSean Jackson. Roscoe Parrish is 5'9", 170 also. And if you're calling BS to the size of Wes Welker, Santana Moss, etc, you may as well say that Chris Williams' size is overstated too. We all thought that DeSean Jackson was 6'0" going into the combine, didn't we? For all we know, Williams is 5'6", 145. None of us have weighed him or told him to stand up to a measuring stick. Unless this kid times in with a 4.20 or better in the 40, he's way too small to take any sort of hits from a 230-245 pound linebacker who knows how to tackle on a routine basis. That's the end of the discussion.

And at least Wes Welker played in the Big 12. This is the WAC we're talking about.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

For the record, Williams has a 4.42 40... He needs at least a 4.35 to even be considered to be drafted at his size.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  For the record, Williams has a 4.42 40... He needs at least a 4.35 to even be considered to be drafted at his size.
                  He's a Trindon Holliday wannabe.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                  X