X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a2x View Post
    So what makes you Special ?
    Nothing.
    I think you are a little ****y ***** who is overrating himself.

I mean i still think you are a great writer but IMO you really are too convinced by yourself.
    and bingo was his name o

I like Matt but it's his way or the highway

Comment

I mostly agree. On the one hand, I don't want to read what I can figure out in three seconds (Higher Draft picks will make the big impact! Whoa! Exciting news here.). On the other hand, there's only so many ways to be creative without losing all credibility (Look out for Colt Brennan! He could make a huge impact in 2007 if Jason Campbell and Todd Collins go down!).
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

What makes me different I feel like:

*I watch hundreds hours of game film
        *I don't really take into account what others say especially "experts"
        *I have a different perspective on things
        *My opinion, but I feel like I have a great track record when it comes to predicting prospects, not necessarilly draft status but how they perform in the NFL, what should have been "X" pick in the draft, etc. etc.
        *Most of you guys where really supportive of me on my radio appearences.
        Last edited by Matt McGuire; 05-23-2008, 04:30 PM.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Well good for you. I don't have game film. I'm going to start recording games and go from there. I can't get the stuff you get.

In perspective what other people say but in the end I make my own conclusions based on what I think. Example: You say Andre Smith is a second round pick. I look at that and say "hmm that's interesting" and if your reason is credible I will tend to consider that. But in the end, I say he has unlimited potential and is a top 10 lock.

Doesn't everybody have their own perspective? That doesn't seperate anybody except the people without common sense.

And good for you about the X factors. Since '05 I've called Frank Gore when he was a 3rd rounder. I called Maurice JD in '06. Democo Ryans was my favorite player in '06 and thought he was a pro bowler. And that's to name a couple.

So, in conclusion, don't bash me, or anybody else, without giving me a chance. Let me write a little more and show what I've got and you'll be pleasently surprised.

Comment

Oh I don't get "game film" I just record games and then dub it game film because it is film of games.

I am in the process of talking to a few atheltic departments to get more film with better angles though.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
              Well good for you. I don't have game film. I'm going to start recording games and go from there. I can't get the stuff you get.

In perspective what other people say but in the end I make my own conclusions based on what I think. Example: You say Andre Smith is a second round pick. I look at that and say "hmm that's interesting" and if your reason is credible I will tend to consider that. But in the end, I say he has unlimited potential and is a top 10 lock.

Doesn't everybody have their own perspective? That doesn't seperate anybody except the people without common sense.

And good for you about the X factors. Since '05 I've called Frank Gore when he was a 3rd rounder. I called Maurice JD in '06. Democo Ryans was my favorite player in '06 and thought he was a pro bowler. And that's to name a couple.

So, in conclusion, don't bash me, or anybody else, without giving me a chance. Let me write a little more and show what I've got and you'll be pleasently surprised.
              Right and everyone does have their own perspective, but some more than others. Mike Golic, for instance, is Mr. Consensus and when he does talk football I'm not impressed at all.

There is a reason why Mike Mayock is so highly regarded. There is a reason why Todd McShay isn't. Kiper is somewhere in the middle, but I questioned many things he said about the last draft (Dorsey going #1 to Miami in the 3-4 for example).

Plus when it comes to the individual scouting we do, we always know our successes and forget our failus. That's not just you, that's everyone and me included.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Right and everyone does have their own perspective, but some more than others. Mike Golic, for instance, is Mr. Consensus and when he does talk football I'm not impressed at all.

There is a reason why Mike Mayock is so highly regarded. There is a reason why Todd McShay isn't. Kiper is somewhere in the middle, but I questioned many things he said about the last draft (Dorsey going #1 to Miami in the 3-4 for example).

Plus when it comes to the individual scouting we do, we always know our successes and forget our failus. That's not just you, that's everyone and me included.
                That's true. I'm more open minded then you think. Like I said, give me a chance and you'll get to like my stuff. And if you don't so be it. I don't care to be honest.

Comment

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Oakland: Isn’t this a no-brainer? Darren McFadden is the flashiest player in the draft and has been described as a hybrid between Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson. I don’t necessarily see that, but I do see an elite talent in a great situation. He not only will be playing a lot this coming season, he will also be selling tickets like crazy. The Raiders may have the most talented backfield in the NFL as Darren McFadden pairs up with Jamarcus Russell. If both of those players live up to their potential, this might be the best backfield ever. Yes, that is the word EVER. That’s for a later date though. McFadden is the big play threat the Raiders need to get their franchise back to what it was in the 70’s and 80’s. If McFadden can stay healthy, have a solid offensive line, and win the starting job; he might just open up a whole new dimension in the offense: the passing game. He commands eight men in the box when he’s on his game and if he can open up Jamarcus Russell’s talent and Russell plays to his potential because of McFadden, this will be the team nobody wants to play.
                  Sounds to me like you have bought into the Hype, because you fail too see his flaws….all you see is his speed. Also the Raiders are RB by committee and his will not be the soul contribution. I don’t think he is even the best back drafted this year. Also I don’t think he is necessarily going to see 8 in the box, because he is not a strong inside threat. I’m not one of those people who compares him to Adrian Peterson, because they have similar speed and size, because I think Peterson is a Bell Cow RB and I’m not so sure McFadden is.
                  Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                    That's true. I'm more open minded then you think. Like I said, give me a chance and you'll get to like my stuff. And if you don't so be it. I don't care to be honest.
                    I read the draft guide. Didn't see any creativity. Read the top 10 rooks, and didn't see any creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
                      Sounds to me like you have bought into the Hype, because you fail too see his flaws….all you see is his speed. Also the Raiders are RB by committee and his will not be the soul contribution. I don’t think he is even the best back drafted this year. Also I don’t think he is necessarily going to see 8 in the box, because he is not a strong inside threat. I’m not one of those people who compares him to Adrian Peterson, because they have similar speed and size, because I think Peterson is a Bell Cow RB and I’m not so sure McFadden is.
                      You'd think because the bust that is about to be Reggie Bush that people would see the flaws. But losers like McShay don't learn from mistakes, which happen.

I try to learn from mistakes made in the draft, and my own. It's the only way to improve.

Comment

I read the draft guide. Didn't see any creativity. Read the top 10 rooks, and didn't see any creativity.
                        So you have to be an artist to write a draft guide?

Comment

You'd think because the bust that is about to be Reggie Bush that people would see the flaws. But losers like McShay don't learn from mistakes, which happen.

I try to learn from mistakes made in the draft, and my own. It's the only way to improve.
                          The band wagons.......our for people who are either afraid to make their own evaluation or don't have the skills to do so IMO. And it’s easier, but not poignant to do so if you really want to be credible.
                          Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Ok, looky here. He is an elite talent. He dominated football in the SEC. Look at his flaws and only his flaws, you will be negative. Look at only his strengths and you will be misguided. He has elite athleticism and speed but he does not consistently hit the hole hard. He needs to drive with his legs and learn when and when not to use his speed over his power. I started liking Jonathan Stewart as my #1 the later and later as the process went on.

Overall, he will be the feature back at some point next year, if not early. You don't draft a guy #4 not to be featured.

Comment

Mr. McGuire

Darren McFadden is not Reggie Bush. Period. He is an elite talent not unlike Bush, but he is a different player. I would think an "expert" like you would notice talent like that.

You like to bash on people I have noticed. Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, and now this new Angelo guy. I do not understand it. You say he is not creative. How creative can someone be without looking like an idiot? He has Steve Slaton in his top 10 impact rookies, I think that is pretty ballsy. Here's the thing, you are not on TV, McShay and Kiper are, so I get the feeling you are a bit jealous. These guys have access to all the tapes and dedicate their career to the draft. You go to UK. See the difference? I tend to think they are slightly more credible sources no matter what you say. That isn't to say I do not respect your opinion, you have some fresh views and I trust your judge of talent. But please give this new writer a chance. He is just like you looking to get somewhere doing something he loves, writing about football. He clearly has some potential so quit being so harsh. If he wasn't good I would agree with you that he should not write for this site, but he is pretty good. He could use some work, but who couldn't. Instead of bashing the guy, why not give him a chance, or help him out maybe instead off just being a jerk about it.

I leave you with this. No analyst is perfect, few are even close. So I do not know what makes you think you are so much better than everyone else. Your ignorance is not appreciated.
                              "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
                              -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

I think the McFadden-Bush comparison is pretty accurate. Both have blazing speed and played in a two back system in a fairly competitive conference (SEC > Pac 10, but Pac 10 isn't bad.).

Bush definitely catches better out of the backfield, but I don't see McFadden being the game changing influence that Adrian Peterson was.
                                - Also known as Dan.
                                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X