• Show
Clear All

• jimmyp
    replied
    Scathing, Matt.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Just watch the Spring Workouts on Youtube. He doesnt even push the sled well.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Moala has never appeared once in any of my 2009 mock drafts.

Plus Walter said he only had him mid first because that's what everyone else is doing.
    Oh. My bad. Well we'll see how he does against Ohio State and Oregon among others. I'm neutral on him right now since I've never seen him play.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    Good report because McShay had him #1, Walt had him mid-first, and you had him 2nd round. I needed to see a solid scouting report. After I get film this year recording games I'll be able to break it down myself.
    Moala has never appeared once in any of my 2009 mock drafts.

Plus Walter said he only had him mid first because that's what everyone else is doing.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    I'll make sure to watch him during the USC @ Arizona game. Arizona has a fairly solid offensive line, so it should be a good test for him.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Good report because McShay had him #1, Walt had him mid-first, and you had him 2nd round. I needed to see a solid scouting report. After I get film this year recording games I'll be able to break it down myself.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    I meant that he couldn't beat single coverage this season. Considering all the hype he's getting, and the fact that Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson are gone, he'll get a lot more double teams than he did in 2007.
    It's a wait and see approach to see how he responds. I just don't think all the hype is warranted right now. Good player? Yeah he is good (like late 2nd/3rd round good)...but being in the top 15 of nearly every mock draft? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I didn't see him get double teamed very often. I thought he should have been much more of a factor last season.
    I meant that he couldn't beat single coverage this season. Considering all the hype he's getting, and the fact that Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson are gone, he'll get a lot more double teams than he did in 2007.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    Probably worse. Moala couldn't excel against single coverage. How's he doing to do against double teams?
    I didn't see him get double teamed very often. I thought he should have been much more of a factor last season.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    We'll see what this report looks like at the end of the season.
    Probably worse. Moala couldn't excel against single coverage. How's he doing to do against double teams?

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Keep’em coming

I think pre-season scouting reports are cool, but a lot of evaluations will change in the next 10-11 months, because many things will happen from now until then as they do every year.

The best thing that I get from these early scouting reports is a mental note on players to watch in the upcoming season. It’s hard to watch each and ever player. I try to restrict my evaluations to the Sr & Jr. in any given year, because I do not have the ability to see all the underclassmen.
    I would if I could, but not even a professional collage scout can.
    You need to have scouts in every region of the country to adeptly evaluate all the talent.

I have and will continue to watch a lot of Collage Football….I can’t remember the last time
    I actually cared about the game in terms of wins or loses
    (OSU games & Championship excluded), because my focus is always on evaluating the prospects.

So WalterFootabll.com…… Keep’em coming

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    We'll see what this report looks like at the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Draft Scouting Reports: Fili Moala

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009fmoala.php
Working...
X