My 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
    The Falcons have invested enough in Baker to give him more than a year to prove himself. Baker is a solid tackle.
    Yeah, he could just move to RT, no biggy.

Comment

Brodie Croyle will be entering his first full season as a starter and with a young team around him I do not think it would be fair to throw in the towel on him after one bad year.

Laurent Robinson Roddy White and Harry Douglas are very unproven. Roddy White had one good year and it was good not great. They need to set Matt Ryan up for success and Crabtree is too good to pass up.

George Selvie is a mix. He would be brought in too upgrade the pass rush.

In my opinion Tebow is an NFL QB. He has a big arm and is very mobile. Someone is going to take a chance on him.

I will reevaluate the Arizona and Chicago picks as you have some good points.

I do not doubt Taylor Mays shooting up the boards. That kid has some serious talent.

I think Dallas and Jacksonville could be Super Bowl teams. Both run the ball well and have good defenses. The Cowboys have an explosive passing attack as well. You can never have too many speed rushers in this day and age, and without many needs they have the luxury of adding another.
      How can you have faith in him if you're saying he's going to have a bad year?

Being sandwiched between Braylon Edwards and Torry Holt is pretty good. Laurent Robinson quietly had a great rookie season. Harry Douglas is impressing at camp and has the potential to be an elite slot receiver.

Yes, but he isn't going to take over for Aaron Schobel at RE and their is no point in drafting for depth in the top 10.

Then Kyle Boller is a hall of fame QB.

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
        If the Bills pick in the top 10 next year that means 1)Lynch blows his knee while at dave and busters. 2)Hardy shots the coaching staff. 3)Steve Johnson does his crappy rap before every game.
        We have a easier schedule than last and I dout that 50 players will be on IR.
        I agree, this is an extremely conservative drafting order.

Comment

I see a lot of problems but once I get all the kinks out of mine and post it I'm sure people will see even more in mine so I'm not going to complain.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

WAY too high for an ILB.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Laurinaitis is elite. He would be worth the top selection in this draft. He has everything you look for in a defensive play maker.

As a stated in the previous post with a productive junior season Harvin will pass Heyward-Bey in my rankings, but for now Heyward-Bey will stay there.

Andre Carter is getting up there in age and Marks is not that high up on my list just yet.
              I don't care how elite Laurinaitis is. MLB just isn't an important enough position to justify drafting that early.

Harvin has already been productive for two seasons in college. What else do you want from him? The kid has the ability to single-handedly change the course of a game, or what I call the Devin Hester Factor.

You have Marks going at the next pick and he's a much bigger need. I know teams draft based on their big boards but not when the difference in needs is that big.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Im sorry but I can't see Kubiak/Alex Gibbs ever going RB in the 1st round. Taylor Mays would be just super at #16.

Comment

First, the 49ers should not let the Alex Smith thing scare them. Stafford is ten times the prospect Smith is. They are different players. Stafford is head and shoulders above those 2nd round prospects you mentioned, in my opinion.
                  And in my opinion, Stafford can barely edge out Smith. He isn't accurate at all.

Comment

I don't see the Saints picking a C when the the other 2 top Safties Taylor Mays and William Moore are still on the board.
                    I think Safty ist just a bigger need than Center.

Also i dont see the Cowboys win the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by a2x View Post
                      I don't see the Saints picking a C when the the other 2 top Safties Taylor Mays and William Moore are still on the board.
                      I think Safty ist just a bigger need than Center.

Also i dont see the Cowboys win the SB.
                      But Mack is the best player available at a position of need.
                      "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
                      -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

I do not understand why an ILB can't go that high. He is a difference maker and the ILB is usually the QB of the defense. Look at the impact Ray Lewis has on that defense. Laurinaitis is definitely worth a shot there.
                        "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          I agree, this is an extremely conservative drafting order.
                          The Bears and Ravens in the top five? The Jags and Cowboys in the Super Bowl? How is it conservative?

Comment

But Mack is the best player available at a position of need.
                            Yeah bur Safty is a bigger need than center and Taylor MAs and William Moore are still there.

I would say that those two are both better choices than Mack , even though Mack is a great player.

Comment

Laurent Robinson Roddy White and Harry Douglas are very unproven. Roddy White had one good year and it was good not great. They need to set Matt Ryan up for success and Crabtree is too good to pass up.
                              If you believe they need to "set up" Matt Ryan for success, than the obvious choice is Michael Oher.

Comment

I do not understand why an ILB can't go that high. He is a difference maker and the ILB is usually the QB of the defense. Look at the impact Ray Lewis has on that defense. Laurinaitis is definitely worth a shot there.
                                HE is a diffierence maker. So is a guard or safety. But the demand at those positions isn't there compared to LT, DE, DT, or 3-4 pass rusher.
                                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                                X