My 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
    If you believe they need to "set up" Matt Ryan for success, than the obvious choice is Michael Oher.
    Sam Baker? Hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
      The Falcons have invested enough in Baker to give him more than a year to prove himself. Baker is a solid tackle.
      So let me get this straight the Falcons have enough invested in the 21st pick Sam Baker to give him more than a year to prove himself at LT. Yet the Bears who will have more invested in the 14th pick Chris Williams(Who is a much better LT prospect) should take Oher? IMO doesn't make much sense, if the Falcons wind up picking that high they should take Oher and move Baker to LG or maybe RT.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
        Sam Baker? Hello.
        Short arms, bad workouts. Easiest bust in the first round to predict.

Comment

Kid to watch

A kid to watch: jocques Crawford, rb Kansas
          He starts June 1st and ran 40 at 4.43 was juco player of the year
          This kid will have major impact immediately as quoted by Mangino.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            Short arms, bad workouts. Easiest bust in the first round to predict.
            I agree with you there, but ATL will not give up on him after one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
              So let me get this straight the Falcons have enough invested in the 21st pick Sam Baker to give him more than a year to prove himself at LT. Yet the Bears who will have more invested in the 14th pick Chris Williams(Who is a much better LT prospect) should take Oher? IMO doesn't make much sense, if the Falcons wind up picking that high they should take Oher and move Baker to LG or maybe RT.
              As a Bears fan I wouldnt be mad if we took Oher. If he's as good as advertised he and Williams would make up a great line for the next decade.
              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

You don't always draft for need.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  You don't always draft for need.
                  Especially when you have the second overall pick and your need doesn't have value there.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                  HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

ATLANTA DOES NOT NEED A GOD DAMNED WIDE RECEIVER!!!

What don't people get about this? WR is the least of our worries! we need OT, NT, and CB as of now and get Oher at #1.

Founder of ScarDraft
                    Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Laurent Robinson Roddy White and Harry Douglas are very unproven. Roddy White had one good year and it was good not great. They need to set Matt Ryan up for success and Crabtree is too good to pass up.
                      Crabtree represents a position of ZERO need. if we want to help Ryan we get Oher and move Baker to RG and have a good pair of OG and a good LT for Ryan's protection.

Founder of ScarDraft
                      Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                        Crabtree represents a position of ZERO need. if we want to help Ryan we get Oher and move Baker to RG and have a good pair of OG and a good LT for Ryan's protection.
                        I don't think Baker has the ability to play right side. He's definitely more suited for pass blocking. Can Blalock shift to right guard?
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                          How can you say there is zero need? Roddy White had one good season. You are going to trust Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas? Those are average receivers.
                          "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
                          -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Trading up for Sam Baker was just as bad a move as wehn the Bills moved up for John McCargo, but this doesn't the kind of bad publicity that hte Baker-ATL trade got because Baker plays for USC.

He was a 3rd/4th round prospect and was taken at 21. Ridiculous.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Let's all remember it was scar telling us how Atlanta wasn't going to take a WR especially in the 3rd round in the draft.

Anyone had a WR in an Atlanta mock and Scar knocked it down.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
                                How can you say there is zero need? Roddy White had one good season. You are going to trust Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas? Those are average receivers.
                                When you consider the QBs, he was a pro bowl snub.

You've never seen Laurent Robinson play, so let me tell you that he is impressive. Harry Douglas is a sleeper who I could see becoming one of the best WRs out of this class.

Comment

Working...
                                X