Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMONTERO
    replied
    You are relying on receivers who have played one good (not great) year each in the NFL. People will need to learn at some point that judging a player by one year of output (even a rookie year) is lunacy.

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Let's all remember it was scar telling us how Atlanta wasn't going to take a WR especially in the 3rd round in the draft.

Anyone had a WR in an Atlanta mock and Scar knocked it down.
    It makes no damn sense for us to take one!

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
    How can you say there is zero need? Roddy White had one good season. You are going to trust Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas? Those are average receivers.
    Laurent Robinson was a very good receiver last year and is only improving. Harry Douglas will be a great Slot-man in the league and Roddy White is a Beast. his year last year was foreshadowed when we lost Vick due to a bigger passing offense AND a right handed QB.
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    I don't think Baker has the ability to play right side. He's definitely more suited for pass blocking. Can Blalock shift to right guard?
    taht's fine then, have Blalock play RG, Blalock can play 3 positions on the OL at LG, RG and RT. hell, have Blalock play RG and move Clabo to RT.

Leave a comment:

• phenomenal_waffles
    replied
    Originally posted by scar988 View Post
    Crabtree represents a position of ZERO need. if we want to help Ryan we get Oher and move Baker to RG and have a good pair of OG and a good LT for Ryan's protection.
    Thank you. That is what I am saying.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
    How can you say there is zero need? Roddy White had one good season. You are going to trust Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas? Those are average receivers.
    When you consider the QBs, he was a pro bowl snub.

You've never seen Laurent Robinson play, so let me tell you that he is impressive. Harry Douglas is a sleeper who I could see becoming one of the best WRs out of this class.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Let's all remember it was scar telling us how Atlanta wasn't going to take a WR especially in the 3rd round in the draft.

Anyone had a WR in an Atlanta mock and Scar knocked it down.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Trading up for Sam Baker was just as bad a move as wehn the Bills moved up for John McCargo, but this doesn't the kind of bad publicity that hte Baker-ATL trade got because Baker plays for USC.

He was a 3rd/4th round prospect and was taken at 21. Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Leaf
    replied
    Crabtree represents a position of ZERO need. if we want to help Ryan we get Oher and move Baker to RG and have a good pair of OG and a good LT for Ryan's protection.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    I don't think Baker has the ability to play right side. He's definitely more suited for pass blocking. Can Blalock shift to right guard?

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Laurent Robinson Roddy White and Harry Douglas are very unproven. Roddy White had one good year and it was good not great. They need to set Matt Ryan up for success and Crabtree is too good to pass up.

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    ATLANTA DOES NOT NEED A GOD DAMNED WIDE RECEIVER!!!

What don't people get about this? WR is the least of our worries! we need OT, NT, and CB as of now and get Oher at #1.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    You don't always draft for need.
    Especially when you have the second overall pick and your need doesn't have value there.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    You don't always draft for need.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
    So let me get this straight the Falcons have enough invested in the 21st pick Sam Baker to give him more than a year to prove himself at LT. Yet the Bears who will have more invested in the 14th pick Chris Williams(Who is a much better LT prospect) should take Oher? IMO doesn't make much sense, if the Falcons wind up picking that high they should take Oher and move Baker to LG or maybe RT.
    As a Bears fan I wouldnt be mad if we took Oher. If he's as good as advertised he and Williams would make up a great line for the next decade.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    Short arms, bad workouts. Easiest bust in the first round to predict.
    I agree with you there, but ATL will not give up on him after one year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X