My WalterFootball Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My WalterFootball Widget

As you can see, there's something new on the right-hand side. My former college roommate Dennis is going to explain what this is all about.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Hello wallterfootball.com,

Walt has decided help out my company / start up website by putting up one our tools, the MyTrybe widget.

The general idea is to offer blogs like Walterfootball.com a way to empower their communities. The people that contribute to this forum are clearly very passionate sports fans, and as avid readers of online content can offer a way to share the content they find with one another. Yes you can just post a link in an entry on the forum, but you could also submit the same link to MyTrybe as well, and once you rate it, it can become a way to measure how similar you are, or aren't, to on another.

The widget is a view of all stories submitted to the News & Inf --> Sports category. If you signup to MyTrybe and take the survey for News & Inf you will be able to see a view of all sports news based on who is most like you, as well as see how much you are like one another, or like Walt.

I'll be following this thread, for any feedback, good, bad, or indifferent. We are working to make the widget and our site user friendly but realize some thigns aren't as straight forward was we think. So feel free to let me know by posting here or emailing me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,

-irish

Comment

Ah MyTrybe my roommate started telling me about this a few days ago. Too bad I ignored him and stared at his girlfriend's boobies.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Irish, when I click sign-up the widget disappears. What's up with that?

Comment

The actual widget on walterfootball.com disappears?, or is it just the popup to register with MyTrybe opening over top of it? If it is just the popup, is the popup uber annoying?

Comment

Originally posted by irish View Post
            The actual widget on walterfootball.com disappears?, or is it just the popup to register with MyTrybe opening over top of it? If it is just the popup, is the popup uber annoying?
            Yea the widget disappeared until I reload the page. Nothing popped up and no other page loaded. It's weird. I gave up and just went to www.mytrybe.com and signed up there.

Comment

This is kinda like a combo of Digg and Facebook.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, it will be something we'll look to fix. What browser / version # do you use?

Comment

Firefox version 3 beta 1

Comment

Still not sure I 100% get the point of the website I checked it out and saw wierd things like skulls and voodo dolls... do u sell these items or?
                    Check out my new site Today!
                    Live 4 The Story

Comment

They are supposed to be smiley faces, pretty funny if they look like skulls, not quite what we were shooting for.

And the fact that the point of the site isn't coming across clearly means, we got more work to do. But thanks for checking us out

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                        Still not sure I 100% get the point of the website I checked it out and saw wierd things like skulls and voodo dolls... do u sell these items or?
                        No, that's an article... You rate the articles you like (you might want to go to the sports section)... That's just an article someone posted about voodoo dolls.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

MyTrybe acts as a way to rate popular sports content. If you find a cool site / story about sports post it to the sports section and other people can find it and rate it.

But clearly we have other categories, like style, food, cause other people might like those things, you know like food

Comment

Working...
                          X