Michael Oher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Oher

From everything I've read, Michael Oher is the best thing since the invention of the fire. Hence the question: Which teams could pass him up with the first overall selection and why? (I want you to consider all 32 teams, not just the ones that are likely to get the number 1 pick.)
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

If Jeff Otah pans out, Carolina would have Otah and Gross.

The Bengals have tons of linemen so I think they'd look elsewhere.

The Titans are set at OT too, though they're always bound to do something dumb.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

The Steelers apparently don't care about the o-line

Comment

1. Teams that have the #1 pick don't have franchise left tackles (or one that remotely compares to Oher), but Miami just made a mistake with Jake Long so they aren't paying #1 money on the OL 2 years in a row.

That's the only team that would pass on Oher when it's all said and done.

He's so talented and he plays the position with the most value in this league when it comes to both positional value and demand.

Hopefully the TVC is changed so if a team like Miami had the #1 pick it would be MUCH easier to move down. Prospects like Oher are very very rare so some team in the top 5 would love to move up for him.
        Last edited by Matt McGuire; 05-28-2008, 04:26 AM.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I think Oher is a great player, but some player gets hyped up every year like this. Last year it was Glenn Dorsey, then we saw some of his flaws. You guys seem to forget that Oher's flaws will be exposed as well.

Comment

Doesn't mean he still won't be a rare elite prospect.

Comment

He may, he may not be. We can't tell 11 months out if he will still considered elite come April 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                He may, he may not be.
                What flaws are you expecting to see that wouldn't make him one?
                Last edited by NoNonsenseCoach; 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I can't think of any flaws right now. However, no one saw any flaws in Brian Brohm, who was billed as the next best thing since sliced bread. No one thought Glenn Dorsey had injury problems.

Comment

You're obviously just sitting on the fence.

Comment

Matt saw flaws with Brian Brohm, he pointed them out before the '07 season started.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        Matt saw flaws with Brian Brohm, he pointed them out before the '07 season started.

The only reason Matt identified the flaws so early is because he put every QB under the sun under an extreme microscope to help back up his Andre Woodson claims.

Its ironic that Matt jumped off the Jake Long bandwagon with a 5.17 40-yard dash claiming he wasn't athletic enough to play LT in the NFL but is quick to jump on the bandwagon of a guy projected and timed at running around a 5.21 as the greatest LT prospect of all time.

Comment

Cleveland wouldnt take him. They have Joe Thomas.

Also Craig, I saw Jake Long on his ass at least twice last year. The guys who put him there didnt get the sack but I dont see Elite Tackles on their asses.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Because of Jared Gaither's potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                              The only reason Matt identified the flaws so early is because he put every QB under the sun under an extreme microscope to help back up his Andre Woodson claims.

Its ironic that Matt jumped off the Jake Long bandwagon with a 5.17 40-yard dash claiming he wasn't athletic enough to play LT in the NFL but is quick to jump on the bandwagon of a guy projected and timed at running around a 5.21 as the greatest LT prospect of all time.
                              I'm going to have to agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X