No announcement yet.

Angelo Carriero's 2009 Prospect Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, if anything, that history has showed us that physical numbers have nothing to do with making the HOF. It's more of a will and desire thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
      Not really. Johnson has HOF potential by his physical numbers, while Moreno doesn't.
      That's what you do. You look at numbers because you don't know how to watch talent during games.

Hall of fame potential? You just lost any credbility if anyone had any for you then to doubt a beast like moreno. That has to be one of the most moronic things I've ever heard.

You gotta be kidding me man. That's pathetic. Look Johnson is an athletic freak, but all the hype is off potential. He only had 4 sacks and 6 TFL last season and was a backup. I gotta tell you that is HOF potential right there lol what a joke.

He has a lot of stepping up to do, but from some of hte sick plays I have seen I think he does have top 8 potential and will do it. However it wouldnt' suprise me if he is a late 2nd orund pick when it is all said and done

Moreno's talent and production is amazing. It's as good as you can ask for considering he had no passing game. Then to just look at triangle numbers for MIchael Johnson and say he is not onloy #3 on your board but also HOF potential is ridiculous.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

What? How is that moronic? I doubted him but I still like him as a player. Top 20 isn't a slight to a player. And so what if I said he has HOF potential? He is an athletic freak and I'm predicting he'll have a monster year so everything will come full circle by April.

Comment

HOF potential for a player that had 6 TFL last season means you're an idiot. Then having Moreno #16 means you don't have one idea what you're talking about.

Total bias.

But keep defending yourself. No way anyone (even you) cna look at what you said and realize how wrong that is.

Comment

Also, why do you say Moreno doesnt have "HOF potential"? Just curious. 5'10, 4.4 is great athleticism.

But like I said earlier you obviously look at talent by triangle numbers then go by what others say. Can't evaluate talent off actual games. Triangle numbers was your whole basis for what you just said, and that lacks an extreme amount of credibility Mr. Al Davis.

Comment

Better to stick to "Top # potential" instead of HOF potential.

Comment

Stop reading the rakings after I saw Andre Smith and Michael Johnson in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Also, why do you say Moreno doesnt have "HOF potential"? Just curious. 5'10, 4.4 is great athleticism.

But like I said earlier you obviously look at talent by triangle numbers then go by what others say. Can't evaluate talent off actual games. Triangle numbers was your whole basis for what you just said, and that lacks an extreme amount of credibility Mr. Al Davis.
                  Because he is skinny for a back. Cadillac was and he's been injured since he had that big rookie year.

And here is where your logic stops. You say Oher is the best OT prospect since Orlando Pace. So your implying his ceiling is Pace. Pace is going to be an HOFer so you're saying Oher has HOF potential. So, um, HA.

Comment

Being skinny is the last thing Knowshon needs to worry about. Bulking will be easy for him. He runs harder then any back in college football and deserves to be in the top 10 and every knowledgable draft analysis would have him there.

Comment

triangle numbers may not be the key to HOF, but they do (unfortunately) have substantial impact on draft placement, which i thought was the point of this exercise--"how they'll fall next spring"

Comment

5'11 210 is not by any means skinny. Dude, you don't have one clue what you are talking about.

Oher has a lot of potential, but just because he has a tremendously high upside I'm not saying he is going to be one of the best LTs of all time.

Plus his production far outweighs Michael Johnson's, so dont' bring that kool aid to a gin party.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Dude, you don't have one clue what you are talking about.
                          I agree with Matt on this one as much as it pains me. Everything that you've done for WalterFootball.com (your 1st written thing, your power rankings, your mock and this) I and anyother average draft analysist could do what you've done thus there's 50 mocks on here for next year. Sorry but Matt called it from the start, you're nothing special.

Comment

Also, you said Cadillac Williams is undersized.

Caddy: 5'11 217
                            LaDanian: 5'10 221

That's not a huge difference at all.

Comment

Also, triangle numbers are worthless. If Johnson doesn't produce, he could be the next Louis Holmes. For those who don't remember, Louis Holmes was a JUCO transfer who was supposed to shatter Pac-10 offensive lines for the Wildcats. 6'6", 270, ran a 4.7 40.

Ended up with two sacks his entire senior year. Similiar production his junior year. Was a total jackass in the locker room. Currently is a UDFA for the 49'ers.
                              - Also known as Dan.
                              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

True. Quentin Moses many thought was better than Gaines Adams going into his senior year. Had triangle number projections of 6'4, 255, 4.6. Then he had a bad senior year and many scouts found out he was lazy.

Then he got cut by 2 teams in his rookie year (elite talents like Raiders and Cardinals mind you) because of his lack of love for the game and laziness.

Comment

Working...
                                X