Wake Forest Sold Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Forest Sold Out

You don’t have to take SAT’s or a standardized test anymore to get into Wake Forest.

The skeptic in me says this is to improve their sports teams and make more money.

http://www.wfu.edu/news/release/2008.05.27.s.php

Wow, dont know much about wake forest so just wiki'd them and noticed that they have a really young team, mostly freshmen and sophmores!

Anyway, it's a shame they've done that really. But since it's such a selctive school I guess they have to let the better - cough - 'athletes' in somehow...
    sigpic

Comment

Nah. A lot of liberal arts colleges are moving away from SAT's, on the rationale that it's unfair to put so much emphasis on a single morning's work. Additionally, they think that they should be more open to students who simply don't perform well on standardized tests.

Most colleges place SAT's as a secondary qualifier, behind your GPA relative to your strength of schedule.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I forget if I took the SAT or ACT, one way or the other I was hung over when I took it. Buy hey I still got a college scholly

Comment

If your score had two digits, then you took the ACT. =P
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

My SATs were mediocre, and my GPA was even more so. Got into school probably due to my excellently BS'ed essay, and just graduated cum laude. Suck mah balls, SAT.

But yeah, I don't think it's selling out. AFAIC, the SATs are meaningless nowadays with rich kids taking thirty million classes to try and get an edge.

Comment

I personally think the biggest factor in admission should be how hard your curricurulum was in HS. People that make good grades in AP courses shouldnt have to be subjected to test scores. They've proven themselves in courses that compare to a college difficulty. I just don't like how a lot of people took cake courses in HS and got scholarships over me because of their GPA and test scores.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

This is incredible. SATs are a bunch of bull**** BULL****!!!

Actually I found it ironic that I got a 720 on my math and a 480 in English, yet I was a journalism major... I think I scored so low in English because I couldn't pay attention to those boring stories, so I couldn't answer those dumbass questions like, "What do you think the author meant my this?"

Ugh.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  I personally think the biggest factor in admission should be how hard your curricurulum was in HS. People that make good grades in AP courses shouldnt have to be subjected to test scores. They've proven themselves in courses that compare to a college difficulty. I just don't like how a lot of people took cake courses in HS and got scholarships over me because of their GPA and test scores.
                  Too bad an any idiot can pass any HS class. I know idiots in higher classes than me with straight A's and some of the smartest people ive met barely passing. Tests are a good measure because it shows what you've actually LEARNED.

And Walt I totally know what you mean with those damn stories, but really its not that hard to just...ya know...read em....

Comment

Haha it's pretty hard if you fall asleep while reading those stories.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by TRICKaz View Post
                      Too bad an any idiot can pass any HS class. I know idiots in higher classes than me with straight A's and some of the smartest people ive met barely passing. Tests are a good measure because it shows what you've actually LEARNED.

Yeah, but SATs don't measure how good of a student the person is.

For example, one of my friends in HS had a 1350, which is really good. However, he failed out of college EIGHT times because he was a lazy ******* who never went to class.

Meanwhile, some of my friends who had 900s, 1000s and 1100s did pretty well in college because they tried. Now, they're pretty successful for being in their mid-20s.

The SAT is a joke. I love Wake Forest for doing this. I will now root for all of their teams.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

College is about effort, not smarts. Smarts help but the people that work their asses off make the best grades.

Test scores don't always predict this. I agree with Walter, kudos to WF

haha: Walter Football, Wake Forest ... coincidence to awesomeness?
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I understand there is more to a person than a SAT score and should not be used alone. Wake Forest can now justify entering a student based on "extracurricular activities." I don't know if they will, only they know that.

Comment

Originally posted by McWatt View Post
                            My SATs were mediocre, and my GPA was even more so. Got into school probably due to my excellently BS'ed essay, and just graduated cum laude. Suck mah balls, SAT.

But yeah, I don't think it's selling out. AFAIC, the SATs are meaningless nowadays with rich kids taking thirty million classes to try and get an edge.
                            Yeah, I agree, SAT's mean jack.

Now, if only someone would sue the pants off of Michigan for their discriminatory admissions policy...
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Once again I have no idea what I got. I took the test twice my mom wasn't ahppy with my score the 1st time. I was even more hungover the 2nd time I took the test and got a lower score the 2nd time haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X