Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ogden To Retire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ogden To Retire

    The Baltimore Sun reports that Jonathan Ogden will retire, and could announce the decision in the coming "week or so."

    "The first ballot Hall of Famer has reportedly let people around him know he's retiring, but hasn't told Ravens coach John Harbaugh. The Ravens we're expecting him to return necessarily, but this is a massive blow to the entire Ravens offense, who loses its best player. The Ravens may still try to change Ogden's mind, but otherwise have decent options in Jared Gaither or Adam Terry."

    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...come_soon.html

    Hell of a career.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator




    Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

  • #2
    One of the greatest LT's in NFL history. Good for him if he wants to retire.

    On another note, this could set back Joe Flacco's debut as a starter, seeing is how their line could very well be in shambles.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
      One of the greatest LT's in NFL history. Good for him if he wants to retire.

      On another note, this could set back Joe Flacco's debut as a starter, seeing is how their line could very well be in shambles.
      Jared Gaither says hi.

      Yet again, DraftKidWonder proves how much he knows about the NFL.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        this sucks still the best ihave ever seen tho
        Brett Favre in 2 years...sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
          Jared Gaither says hi.

          Yet again, DraftKidWonder proves how much he knows about the NFL.
          Jared Gaither is a raw supplement draft choice out of Maryland who has yet to start an NFL season, unlike Jonathan Ogden who did at a HOF level. I don't care how good he looks in mini-camp because it's still mini-camp! Wait untill training camp, preaseason, and regular season before you tell me that he's a legit starter. But you know, what do I know?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
            Jared Gaither is a raw supplement draft choice out of Maryland who has yet to start an NFL season, unlike Jonathan Ogden who did at a HOF level. I don't care how good he looks in mini-camp because it's still mini-camp! Wait untill training camp, preaseason, and regular season before you tell me that he's a legit starter. But you know, what do I know?
            Precisely my point.

            The line is nowhere near "shambles". Odgen was injured this season. A healthy Gaither, who has similar size, should perform better. Gaither would have probably been a mid first round pick this year had he stayed. And Gaither DID learn from one of the best, didn't he?
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
              Precisely my point.

              The line is nowhere near "shambles". Odgen was injured this season. A healthy Gaither, who has similar size, should perform better. Gaither would have probably been a mid first round pick this year had he stayed. And Gaither DID learn from one of the best, didn't he?
              I said the line COULD very well be in shambles and you made my point. Ogden was hurt last year and they went 5-11 and had the 8th overall pick. Gaither couldn't help them out last year and I don't think, until he proves it for a full season, the offensive line is in as good of shape as it was with Ogden, especially with an unproven, essentially rookie LT. The learning curve for LT's are a lot larger than say a running back, so reprove your point to me again?

              Comment


              • #8
                I must say he has earned it. However this could really f*ck up mock drafts around the country.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

                Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                  I said the line COULD very well be in shambles and you made my point. Ogden was hurt last year and they went 5-11 and had the 8th overall pick. Gaither couldn't help them out last year and I don't think, until he proves it for a full season, the offensive line is in as good of shape as it was with Ogden, especially with an unproven, essentially rookie LT. The learning curve for LT's are a lot larger than say a running back, so reprove your point to me again?
                  What? Rookie LT? Are you smoking crack? No, you're just not that bright, that's all. Whoops.

                  Gaither played six games. He additionally has practiced against NFL teams for an entire year. Right now, I would rather have Gaither than any of the rookie tackles right now, Jake Long included. If you bothered to look, the Ravens have a very young offensive line. Gaither and LG Grubbs are both in their second season. Chris Chester is in his third. Jason Brown is in his fourth. Marshal Yanda is in his third. Inexperienced? Definitely. In shambles? Definitely not.

                  To make your point, David Garrard backed up Byron Leftwich. The Jaguars had a terrible QB corps, everyone thought. Garrard hadn't proved himself for a full season. Then BAM. He kicks asses left and right. You're putting absolutely no value in practicing with NFL teams, where running a 4.4 is considered "mediocre", which proves that you're still not worthy of being taken seriously as an NFL analyst.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When did I say a 4.4 was mediocre? And no I'm not smoking crack, he has practiced with them for 3 years now but a lot of things change mentally when you're starting for the first time, let alone to replace a hall of famer. Did you pass up that aspect? Not being mentally tough has killed many talented players career.

                    Love Grubbs, he's going to be a beast. Yanda showed flashes and Brown looks good but we'll see how they fare without a veteran leader on the offensive line.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                      What? Rookie LT? Are you smoking crack? No, you're just not that bright, that's all. Whoops.

                      Gaither played six games. He additionally has practiced against NFL teams for an entire year. Right now, I would rather have Gaither than any of the rookie tackles right now, Jake Long included. If you bothered to look, the Ravens have a very young offensive line. Gaither and LG Grubbs are both in their second season. Chris Chester is in his third. Jason Brown is in his fourth. Marshal Yanda is in his third. Inexperienced? Definitely. In shambles? Definitely not.

                      To make your point, David Garrard backed up Byron Leftwich. The Jaguars had a terrible QB corps, everyone thought. Garrard hadn't proved himself for a full season. Then BAM. He kicks asses left and right. You're putting absolutely no value in practicing with NFL teams, where running a 4.4 is considered "mediocre", which proves that you're still not worthy of being taken seriously as an NFL analyst.
                      1) Jake Long will be an Average Left Tackle so it isnt hard to be a better starter than him on an NFL level.

                      2) Baltimore is screwed with their current line. They need upgrades.

                      3)He's not smoking crack. He's smoking pot.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

                      Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As I pointed out, you're saying they need upgrades when combined, they have 9 seasons in the NFL.

                        Jake Long, Ryan Clady, whatever. Gaither at this point is better than all of them. Last I remember, this was supposed to be a pretty good tackle class, at least at the top end.

                        It's worth noting that the Giants are perceived to have a pretty decent offensive line, yet none of their players are all that great. I think spending a bunch of time working together is the single most important element of a successful offensive line.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Keep defending yourself, Kid Wonder. Gaither looked very impressive in the presesaon, but we have to see what he does this year. It's a wait and see process.

                          Also, everyone expect at best this was Ogden's last season so I don't know why you think it will set him back since Flacco is just a rookie. Flacco was "set back" as soon as he was drafted by the Ravens. Gaither hasn't proven himself, but just because he was a supplemental pick that doesn't mean he is a bust or irrelevant. That's just what you do. You look at where players were drafted to determine how good they are. I'd bet my left nut you never watched Gaither in college.

                          But hey, you're Kid Wonder.
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                          Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            Keep defending yourself, Kid Wonder. Gaither looked very impressive in the presesaon, but we have to see what he does this year. It's a wait and see process.

                            Also, everyone expect at best this was Ogden's last season so I don't know why you think it will set him back since Flacco is just a rookie. Flacco was "set back" as soon as he was drafted by the Ravens. Gaither hasn't proven himself, but just because he was a supplemental pick that doesn't mean he is a bust or irrelevant. That's just what you do. You look at where players were drafted to determine how good they are. I'd bet my left nut you never watched Gaither in college.

                            But hey, you're Kid Wonder.
                            Dude, I said it was a wait and see type of thing and about the supplement thing I was stating to Blaze that he was wrong on his assumption on me not knowing anything. God almighty, I say the same damn thing and you attack me, but it's typical Matthew McGuire.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Keep defending yourself, Kid Wonder. Gaither looked very impressive in the presesaon, but we have to see what he does this year. It's a wait and see process.

                              Also, everyone expect at best this was Ogden's last season so I don't know why you think it will set him back since Flacco is just a rookie. Flacco was "set back" as soon as he was drafted by the Ravens. Gaither hasn't proven himself, but just because he was a supplemental pick that doesn't mean he is a bust or irrelevant. That's just what you do. You look at where players were drafted to determine how good they are. I'd bet my left nut you never watched Gaither in college.

                              But hey, you're Kid Wonder.
                              You wouldn't bet your right one?
                              - Also known as Dan.
                              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X