X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirwan's 1st time pro bolwers in 2009

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I like Sears on this list.

How did Woodley make it though? He had 14 tackles and 1 sack last year? Where did that come from?

Pretty good list altogether, though I'd have to include Tanard Jackson and Eli Manning.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Mario Williams, LaRon Landry and Marques Colston I can see.

Not Aaron Sears, because he's a guard who plays in a state that doesn't vote for the Pro Bowl.

Everyone loves David Garrard, but he plays in the AFC where Manning and Brady are instant Pro Bowl locks.

I can actually see Lamar Woodley because I thought he was going to be the defensive ROY after last year's preseason. Unlikely though seeing as how he also has some stiff competition for those OLB spots. He should have had Kamerion Wimbley in this spot though.

I don't know why you'd even mention Jake Long (Joe Thomas was an alternative), Adam Carriker (Doesn't get sacks), and Laurence Maroney (Bottom 5 Running Back)

Comment

no love for ej henderson? man. not even chad greenway?? i know i sound like a total homer but oh well

Comment

Plax got snubbed last year... let's see what he can do this year with a healthy ankle.
        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

LaMarr Woodley over Kamerion Wimbley ????

^Marques Colston….. I totally agree with this choice. He has produced since day one.
          He followed up on a very solid rookie season last season, with 1,202 yards and 11 TD’s
          In only his second year.
          Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

My jaw dropped when Torry Holt and Donald Driver got in over Burress. I thought he was just automatic since he had so many TDs.

Comment

I'm surprised there's no Michael Boley up there.

Founder of ScarDraft
              Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                Laurence Maroney (Bottom 5 Running Back)

That's kind'a going out on a limb.
                Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

I highly doubt Woodley

Comment

f*ck pat kirwan

Comment

Lol, I think it's a good list.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

How did Woodley make it though? He had 14 tackles and 1 sack last year? Where did that come from?
                        Negative. He had 14 tackles and 4 sacks, even though he only participated in 80 out of the Steelers' 933 defensive snaps (per Rotoworld).

He is the reason we decided to let Clark Haggans seek greener pastures.

And in our 3-4, the LOLB is designed to pick up all of the "glory stats" -- their sole job is to bomb the hell out of the opposing QB.

Woodley is the Defensive player Steelers fans are most hyped over -- even more than Polamalu and other, more "proven" vets.

IMHO - he will be the best OLB we've had since Greg Lloyd/Kevin Greene first defined BLITZBURGH.
                        sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                        Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Woodley is the Defensive player Steelers fans are most hyped over -- even more than Polamalu and other, more "proven" vets.
                          False

IMHO - he will be the best OLB we've had since Greg Lloyd/Kevin Greene first defined BLITZBURGH.
                          Uhh, hope your hopes aren't too high.

Comment

Thanks for the insightful analysis.

Are you even a Steelers fan?
                            sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                            Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Chris Snee could make the pro bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X