Negative.

1) Vikes
    2) Giants
    3) Chargers
    4) Pats
    5) 'Boys
    "I love me some me!"

Comment

I don't know how anyone could have any team other than the Vikings at number 1 in that category... there isn't anyone even close.
      sigpic
      WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
      PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
      NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
      Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
      Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
      MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
      PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
      Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
      Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
      ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
      Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
      TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
      InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
      Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
      EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
      EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
      Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
      BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
      Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

wow.

Comment

How is an OLB the Raven's weakest D-Linemen?

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
            I don't know how anyone could have any team other than the Vikings at number 1 in that category... there isn't anyone even close.
            You mean the Giants.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah, I agree the Giants are way better than the Vikings, with or without Strahan.

Comment

I think Umenyiora is a special player and I think the Giants have a great line, but I personally think that the G-Men's success in the Super Bowl is more a reflection of the genius of Spag's than individual personnel. In my mind if you're going on pure talent of the player's alone and you stack each Viking versus each Giant on the line it's no contest. Usi and Tuck simply aren't enough to make up for the superiority of the Williams' over Robbins and Cofield especially considering that they have a premier pass rusher of their own in Allen

this coming from a Giant fan
                Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

The same Chargers team that let Adrian Peterson run for damnnear 300 yards is number one? Okkkk

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                    I think Umenyiora is a special player and I think the Giants have a great line, but I personally think that the G-Men's success in the Super Bowl is more a reflection of the genius of Spag's than individual personnel. In my mind if you're going on pure talent of the player's alone and you stack each Viking versus each Giant on the line it's no contest. Usi and Tuck simply aren't enough to make up for the superiority of the Williams' over Robbins and Cofield especially considering that they have a premier pass rusher of their own in Allen

Our DT's are okay, but what really makes the Giants pass rush work is that there's SO MANY OF THEM. 2007 had Strahan, Tuck, and Umeniyora lining up on obvious passing downs. 2008 will have either that, or Tuck, Umeniyora, and Kiwanuka.

Can the Giants stop the run with half the efficiency that the Vikings can? No. But the Vikings pass-rush, even with Jared Allen, isn't on par with the Giants. And look where a dominating pass rush got the Giants. And by comparison, where did that incredible run-stuffing line get the Vikings?
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Switch the Giants and Vikings offenses though I think the Vikings could won the Superbowl (or at least got there) and I'm not sure if the Giants would have made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        Yeah, I agree the Giants are way better than the Vikings, with or without Strahan.
                        You've got to be kidding, right?

The Vikings D-line, this year, is the best in the NFL, without question.

With the addition of Jared Allen, there is no way that the Vikings defensive line isn't the best in the NFL in 2008.

Vikings Line
                        DE Ray Edwards - Rising star.
                        DT Kevin Williams - 2007 Pro Bowl Starter.
                        DT Pat Williams - 2007 Pro Bowl Starter.
                        DE Jared Allen - 2007 Pro Bowl Starter, 2007 NFL Sack Leader.

Giants Line
                        DE Micheal Strahan - Was dominant in his prime, but is aging and his skills have faded a lot with age.
                        DT Barry Cofield - Who???
                        DT Fred Robbins - A backup DT from the Minnesota Vikings who was, ironically, considered starting material for the Giants.
                        DE Osi Umenyiora - Backup at the Pro Bowl behind Aaron Kampman and Patrick Kerney.

No contest. Vikings win.

$0.02,

--Z

PS:

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                        In my mind if you're going on pure talent of the player's alone and you stack each Viking versus each Giant on the line it's no contest. Usi and Tuck simply aren't enough to make up for the superiority of the Williams' over Robbins and Cofield especially considering that they have a premier pass rusher of their own in Allen

Thanks for saying that.

For the record, I think Umenyiora is a damn good player too.

We'll trade you a 1st and 2 3rd's in the 2009 draft for him... how about it?
                        Last edited by ZN0rseman; 06-05-2008, 04:32 PM.
                        sigpic
                        WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                        PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                        NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                        Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                        Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                        MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                        PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                        Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                        Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                        ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                        Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                        TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                        InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                        Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                        EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                        EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                        Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                        BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                        Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

With Defensive Lines like Tampa Bay, and New England out there. This guy must have been high writing this.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

ZNorseman, that was kinda funny.

Jared Allen is not nearly enough to overcome Tuck and Umeniyora, the former who you never included at all in your highly detailed breakdown.

Strahan still commands double teams, even at his age. Umeniyora is off and on, but when he's in a groove, there's no stopping him. Six sacks against the Eagles is proof of that. Tuck is versatile and pass rushes from everywhere. Kiwanuka is a converted defensive end playing SAM, who racked up 4.5 sacks last year. If he was playing on the line, he'd probably have more than that.

If we go by the ability to stop the run, the Giants are way the hell behind the Vikings. The Giants are still the most feared sack unit in the league. In pass rushing, the Williams put up a grand total of five sacks last year. Tuck put up twice that rushing primarily from the DT position.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Tuck creates match-up problems with the pass rush. We’ll see how well the Vikings could get to the quarterback but they have tons of talent. The Giants line proved they could do what you need to in order to beat the top passing offenses. In the league today I wouldn’t trade that right now, I’ll have the see the Vikings first.

Comment

Working...
                              X