Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: In college football

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BREAKING NEWS: In college football

    BREAKING NEWS: Brannan Southerland to miss beginng of the college football season due to a heal stress fracture. Brannan Southerland is Moreno's leading blocker and this injury may lead to a less productive Georgia offense.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3430315

  • #2
    lol he plays fullback. who cares? you don't think a team that recruits as well as georgia can't replace southerland?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

    Comment


    • #3
      He is the teams 2006 leading TD rusher also he is a top notch FB. Sure they can get some joe nobody to play decent but southerland blocks like crazy. Hes a major componont in georgias rushing and passing. I mean with him injured whos going to block for stafford when linebacker gets past the lineman...nobody. Whos going to make the key block for moreno with southerland injured...nobody. He is an All-SEC canidate. Also hes 6-2, 240 and has run a 4.52.

      2007 key stats: 5 rushing TDs, 1 receiving TD, lots of pancakes/key blocks

      2006 key stats: 8 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, lots of pancakes/key blocks

      2005 key stats: 3 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, lots of pancakes/key blocks

      Comment


      • #4
        He won't run a 4.52 at the combine I guarantee.

        Secondly Moreno and Caleb King are going to be a great short yardage/goal lien tandem.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

        Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
          He is the teams 2006 leading TD rusher also he is a top notch FB. Sure they can get some joe nobody to play decent but southerland blocks like crazy. Hes a major componont in georgias rushing and passing. I mean with him injured whos going to block for stafford when linebacker gets past the lineman...nobody. Whos going to make the key block for moreno with southerland injured...nobody. He is an All-SEC canidate. Also hes 6-2, 240 and has run a 4.52.

          2007 key stats: 5 rushing TDs, 1 receiving TD, lots of pancakes/key blocks

          2006 key stats: 8 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, lots of pancakes/key blocks

          2005 key stats: 3 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, lots of pancakes/key blocks
          It's football, people around him will step up their game. Happens all the time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Eh, Chapas ain't half bad. Moreno and UGA will be fine. Southerland's good, perhaps enough to be a drafted FB, but...not exactly breaking news.

            Comment


            • #7
              This might be a bigger loss than alot of you guys are playing it off as.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                This might be a bigger loss than alot of you guys are playing it off as.


                When was hte last time an injury to a fullback was a big loss for a college team?
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  When was hte last time an injury to a fullback was a big loss for a college team?
                  I don't know of any college ones but when the Vikings lost T-Rich for a couple of games there running game was not the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ****, I thought he was the LT or something. Losing a fullback is not a big deal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      he is a pretty coolass dude though. would look great in green and gold.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                        he is a pretty coolass dude though. would look great in green and gold.
                        lets be honest now...no one looks good in green and gold. Get paid $50,000,000 to wear green and gold and maybe you'll get a smile...just maybe
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          When was hte last time an injury to a fullback was a big loss for a college team?
                          2006 - USC.

                          Granted, it was THREE (3) Fullbacks - but it played a HUGE part of our season-long inability to run the ball consistently.

                          We lost starter Brandon Han**** before the season, backup Ryan Powdrell in the Nebraska game and 3rd stringer Stanley Havili a few weeks later.

                          Fast forward to the UCLA game, with a clear road to the National Title in their sights -- and SC is only able to manage 55 net yards rushing...on their way to putting a whopping 9 points on the board (snapping a 63 game streak of scoring 20+ points).

                          Urban Meyer owes his first NC to the FB injuries at USC.
                          sigpic

                          ------------------------------------------------
                          Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

                          ''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

                          ''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

                          - NYTimes, July 20, 2000

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Alright, well let me know if two more FB get injured for Georgia.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's kinda like the Tampa Bay offense losing Mike Alstott. You notice when that productive a player is out of the lineup. I don't think it will be destroy their Championship hopes or anything but I do think Moreno will have a harder time running when the holes aren't as good to run through.


                              R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X