Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Brown's Horse Racing Blog - Belmont Recap

http://walterfootball.com/horseracingblog.php

My dad seems dead set on believing this race was fixed. Wouldn't be shocked if it was.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Big Brown was 100%. All the medical experts were at a consensus there.

Now he missed workouts so I do think his training did hold him back, but in the end I saw a horse that ran a ****ty race. He broke nicely but was really stressed going into the quarter pole trying to get outside the box, and he had to run a greater lenght around the track than other horses...he used way too much energy earlier in the race.

I blame no one but Big Brown. Hey, when Kobe Bryant misses the game winner it's all on him, but no one blames a horse. It's no different. Both are athletes. Human athletes can't make excuses, but it seems like a horse can.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 06-09-2008, 04:11 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

What made horse racing so popular all of a sudden? I see it on sports center twice as much now, or so it seems. Am I just noticing this, or has the sport come into the light much more?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
        What made horse racing so popular all of a sudden? I see it on sports center twice as much now, or so it seems. Am I just noticing this, or has the sport come into the light much more?
        Big Brown was going for the Triple Crown, 1st time in 30 years. Now you will see less and less of it on Sports Center.

Comment

I don't think the race was fixed. There was an interesting article in SI one time about fixed horse races. Every jockey except one knew the horse race was fixed. The jockey that didn't know was the winner.

Mountaineer race track in W.V. is about an hour from my house. It once used to be the most fixed race track in America. Allthough it's cleaned up a bit I think it is still somewhat fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X